Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Report: 2004 Election Corrupted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:06pm
Oh my God, you have to understand, whiney little liberal **edited**: I can't get off the computer ever. I have to stay inside twenty-four hours a day. So if I don't like the content of a thread that you create on my forum (which I am confined to since I choose it in lieu of a social life), then I'm going to **edited** and complain and assert that a good, fun discussion doesn't matter.

I for one would much rather read about important "What Music Are You Listening To?" threads—POTUS, politics, and etc. don't even matter, Christ.

That was sarcasm.

Give the guy a break, you tightassed kids. The thread is relevant because the report is recent. Now shut the hell up, and if you don't want to talk about an old election's results, then don't post. Better yet, honestly debate the report and not which candidate your parents like better. Trust me—I'm sure you won't mind the one thread sitting in T/O that you don't want to open.

Sifting through that "oh, shut up—the election was forever ago lol!!!" trash is a lot more of a hassle than choosing not to type in this here box.

Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:01pm
The Electoral College was created by our founding fathers because they thought the average citizen would be too stupid and gullible to make an intelligent decision about who will run our country.  Based on the many idiotic people I have encountered in real life and seen on the news; I have to say they made yet another wise decision.  People need to realize that they aren't voting for the president, they are just voting to decide who will choose our next president.

I could honestly care less about what amazing probability some college professor has come up with.  Odds only show likelihood and should not be taken as a guarantee.

Edited by Variable
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:59pm

HEY!  Are you making fun of my school?  WFCC has an outstanding basket weaving program...

Grr.

WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:56pm
Case Western Reserve University... not MIT, Harvard, or Brown though. I understand that an Associate Professor of Underwater Basket Weaving at the Community College of West Fargo concurs with his statistical findings. C-O-N~spiracy!!!!!!!
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 4:04pm
OMG  This should be #1 in the dumbest topic poll if we had a dumbest topic poll.  I think most of the morons in the idea forum ave more sense than GS.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 3:41pm
POst ur DEsktop #4-048]4-094. I changed 3 times in the past hour....

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 3:35pm
I have no problem with political threads, but I can't stand to hear one more liberal wine about Bush winning and proposing things like this.

Whether he won or not, he is president.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

you don't realize...no one cares about political threads except for 5 people on this forum...you contribute nothing to this forum but anger and politics...if you think we're too immature then find yourself a different forum

Gee your first strike is flaming, what a surprise there. I don't think I need to contribute to your teen angst, it is smoldering hot without my input.What else would you have to hate this afternoon, if it weren't one of my political threads.

"I am the wellspring from which you flow" -Thulsa Doom

O.K. no politics. 

1.  I see that your barrel is as big as mine.

2.  My gun shoots 30 balls a second.

3.  I am a sniper with a ghillie suit (nuh uh, nuh uh!).

4.  I am beginning to grow hair in strange places, do you think girls will like me?

5.  I'm thinking of suicide because Menudo broke up.

6.  These guys are cool and I try to look like them:

You forgot:

7. Do you liek me?

8. Who'se your faverite former?

9. Check out my pad (no 56kers)

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

TheUnknown. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheUnknown. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 3:06pm

you don't realize...no one cares about political threads except for 5 people on this forum...you contribute nothing to this forum but anger and politics...if you think we're too immature then find yourself a different forum

Amazing post.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

No presidential nominee would visit Iowa or Wisconsin ever again.

heh... Besides **edited** Chaney(sp) No president has even visited my State for Campaign's...
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:50pm

Gee your first strike is flaming, what a surprise there. I don't think I need to contribute to your teen angst, it is smoldering hot without my input.What else would you have to hate this afternoon, if it weren't one of my political threads.

O.K. no politics. 

1.  I see that your barrel is as big as mine.

2.  My gun shoots 30 balls a second.

3.  I am a sniper with a ghillie suit (nuh uh, nuh uh!).

4.  I am beginning to grow hair in strange places, do you think girls will like me?

5.  I'm thinking of suicide because Menudo broke up.

Edited by Badsmitty
BlackDeath7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDeath7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:44pm
President George Bush won the election.  Get over it.  Senator John Kerry lost the election.  Get over it.  All you are doing GSmitty is bringing politics to the forum which turns into personal attacks and then nobody is happy.  There are many errors with that article, you are just trying to find some excuse as to why your favored candidate lost.  It actually makes you look like a two-year-old if you can't accept the fact that the leader of this country won fairly.  I wish you stop throwing your hissy fit soon. 

Brett Favre gets sacked again.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

We have learned from the election in
2000....it actually doesn't matter who wins, it's who gets inaugurated
that matters.

The report tells me that my vote really doesn't matter, so why vote?
I am saving my vote for the local school levy from now on. The
presidential election is so rigged it's pathetic. Pathetically obvious.

God, its friggin April. Kerry lost. Bush won. Who gives a
damn? I'm not a Bush or Kerry supporter, they are both idiots.

OGM TEH LECTION ESH RIGGEDF!!!!!!! OH NOEZ.

Shut the hell up already.

well said
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:41pm

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I have an idea. Maybe if we complain and **edited** enough, Bush will resign. **edited** off. No one gives a damn about your political threads anymore.

Don't stop there, the more edited words you have in your post, the more you'll be respected.

I don't give a damn what you think.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:22pm

Britain is a representative democracy, just as the US is.  They just have a parliamentary system instead of our republican system.

I do not believe there has EVER been, in the history of EVER, a single democracy that was not a representative democracy of some kind.  The first thing any democracy does is elect one or more leaders.

In a "pure" direct democracy, every decision would be decided by vote.  That is so silly as to defy logic.  As soon as the voters delegate decision-making authority to elected officials, you have a representative democracy.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:18pm
technically, we are a democratic republic.  China is a "Republic", Britain is a Democracy
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:11pm
Also very true. Good points. To each his own.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:10pm

Very true - a side effect of the electoral system is that some votes count more than others, and that can suck if you are in the "less" counted areas (which is most of the country).

But, to offset that, you get the benefit of the two-party system:  Even between elections, they are constantly readjusting to "fit" their constituency.  So even though your official vote is deeply discounted, your unofficial counts as much as you are willing to yell and complain.  I always figure that a letter to your congressman is worth hundreds of votes.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:07pm
I completely understand your argument Clark. I just tend to feel less of my vote when I know it doesn't actually count for much, especially if I live in a rural area with little population.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic