Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
mattie5960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattie5960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 3:48pm
okay, im a starter, ive been looking at the tippmann 98 costum, and I found 1 brand new with a hopper and mask for $155. Is that a good deal? Is it a descent gun for a starter like me? About how many feet per second does it shoot?

Thanks
marktippman98 View Drop Down
Strike One - Boy George Clone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marktippman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 6:44pm

hey buddy no offence but its pretty obvious your making new usernames to act like more ppl are on yur side i dunnop bout u but i started wif a spyder immagine worst gun i ever had i had walmart eradicators that were better then that also ya tippman are pretty cheap if u realli wanna play speedball then buy a speedball gun like a Ion or Impulse  not saying the tippmann isn't better or worst any gun can have only the perforance the player gives to it so ya after i got rid of my immagine i bout a 98 can u say amazing sniper fast gun i still need to buy a better barrel but holy it shoot pretty straight with a stock barrel when i was using it and it was pretty god damn windy so to all the haters of tippman kiss my a$$ and to all the lovers have fun wif yur tippmann and hope yur perforance improves like mine has in these last few weeks (TIPPMANN ROCKS)

(In Game) ok guys watch out one at 21 dorito and back middle one, one just made a move for the snake shoot em are you their shoot him at the snake.....(big pause looks back) omg are you jokin 3v1
P8ntBall_Phreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntBall_Phreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 8:34pm
I agree with both sides here. The stock triggers on Tippmann markers do suck balls, they are not adjustable, the trigger pull is crap, and the springs are a pain if you don't know what you are doing. But Tippmanns are the king in the woods, you will never find a gun that is more reliable than a Tippmann, not even $1000 markers can compare to the durability and reliability of a Tippmann 98C. If you are a speedballer then yes, stay away from Tippmann if you don't feel like upgrading... a lot. If you play woodsball a Tippmann will be your best friend. It all just depends on how you play.
What I got:
   Tippmann A-5
   Flatline Barrel
   E-Grip
   Comp-Air System
   88ci 5000psi Evil Scion
   Psycho Ballistic's Z-Drop
   JT Proteus Sportz Comm Mask
-mit- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -mit- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:22am

^paintball freak^, i agree that tippmanns are VERY reliable, but i dont agree that the stock triggers are crap and the pull is crap. personally i like the stock trigger.

and also, felix, ur not going to change anyones mind by saying "Tippmanns suck........dont buy them"

Edited by -mit-
Team Infinity
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 8:36am
mattie5960, that deal is decent, but i wouldn't buy it. The mask is probably gonna suck, and the M98C comes with an hopper anyways....it would be better to just buy the stock M98C and buy a mask you try and like.

Also, basically every paintball gun can shoot the same speed, it's really irrelevant since the fields mandatory limit is nothing over 300fps. So even if you had a gun that could shoot 1,000fps, it would be pointless.

But just for your info, you can make almost any paintgun shoot pretty damned fast...I know for Tippmanns you can just get a stronger drive spring and easily get into the high 400fps and even over 500fps...but like I said it's pointless.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattie5960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 2:48pm
thanks, but 1 more question, what is speed ball, and whats woodball? how do you play those games? Also, what do you know about Kingman Spyder Xtras? Are they any good? I can get one of them for $100 with a mask and co2.

Edited by mattie5960
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 2:56pm
speedball, usually smaller area than woodsball. Usually hide behind balloons and are shooting most of the time.

woodsball- in the woods in a bigger area. It is more of a camouflage/stealth thing.
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 2:57pm
speedball- usually smaller area than woodsball. Usually hide behind balloons and are shooting most of the time.

woodsball- in the woods in a bigger area. It is more of a camouflage/stealth thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattie5960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 3:04pm
okay, what would being in an open field thats maybe a 200 yard square with nothing for coverage except bushes, and 3-4 foot deep holes fall under? speedball or woodball? Also what would being in the woods fall under? is a Kingman Spyder Xtra a good gun for these conditions? Is a Tippmann 98 custom good for these conditions?
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 3:09pm

Originally posted by mattie5960 mattie5960 wrote:

okay, what would being in an open field thats maybe a 200 yard square with nothing for coverage except bushes, and 3-4 foot deep holes fall under? speedball or woodball? Also what would being in the woods fall under? is a Kingman Spyder Xtra a good gun for these conditions? Is a Tippmann 98 custom good for these conditions?

Yes.

Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattie5960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 3:11pm
what gun is good under those conditions? what are you saying yes to?
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:06pm
^Mattie, it sounds to me like the style you are playing would be sort-of a woods/speed hybrid.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a Spyder. Despite the look, they are not much more compact than a Tippmann and weigh basically the same, but the Tippmann has better balance so it feels lighter. The Spyder may comes with more upgrades for less money, but the gun is more prone to malfunctions and breakdowns that a Tippmann.

Basically, the Spyder is not a bad gun, it's just not as realiable or durable as a Tippmann.

I feel like Spyders may have more options for the same price, but those options aren't done well....the Tippmann isn't as flashy, but it shoots just as straight and fast and far, and is gonna do it without giving you a headache.

Some people love Spyders and have good experiences, so don't take my word as gospel.

But the overwhelming majority of people that have tried and/or owned both will tell you they feel the Tippmann is more hassle-free, in the longrun especially.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic