Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Making an A-5 closed bolt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
98thecustoms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98thecustoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making an A-5 closed bolt
    Posted: 29 March 2005 at 4:35pm
do you guys think it would be possible? i took my gun apart the other day and was looking at the internals, and it hit me that with some somewhat good time of work put in i could make the gun closed bolt.  IT wouldnt do to much to the gun really, maybe help out the pressure and consistency a bit, but nothing really big.  But, if u look at it, could u reverse all the components, reverse the bolt and hammer, dremel some stuff out, drill new holes for screws and what not to fit in, and drill a new hole for the air, and there ya go! or would there be some complication with the way the gun is made preventing you from doing this?
Uh oh, im becoming a gun whore, Fully Upped A-5, Red Shocker Vision, B2K4 w/PDS, soon to come....ION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98thecustoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:12pm
neone got any ideas?
Uh oh, im becoming a gun whore, Fully Upped A-5, Red Shocker Vision, B2K4 w/PDS, soon to come....ION
jacob_100 View Drop Down
I misbehaved too many times

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacob_100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 2:00pm
what do u mean by closed bolt?do u mean closed bolt as u cant see the bolt moving?cause its supposed to already do that
Alot of people these days play speed-ball and have superspeed gun.If you are one of the few pump players left,put this as ur sig.

-Phantom
45* grip
t-stock
20 round center feed
12 gram changer
Purdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 4:16pm
I don't get it
HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 5:45pm

yeah that would actually be pretty awesome. yeah, it might help out the pressure, but the consistency might be a little akward at first, thats why i'd smooth the inside a whole lot and then polish it.  sweet idea.

Because I can.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 1:45am
Closed bolt means that when the marker is cocked and ready to shoot, the bolt is fully forward. The Tippmann fires form an open bolt- you pull the trigger, the bolt slams forward, chambers a ball, and shoots.

Best of luck- I have no idea how this could be done, but it would be a hell of a mod. ask the guys at A5og.net
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98thecustoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 9:34am
ok, me and a buddy of mine are gonna try this out...i will post the progress as i see it being done, be are taking apart a timmy and are going to sue about the same ideas, only with different parts since timmys parts wouldnt work with the A-5....
whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 10:57am
It would be difficult to say the least. You would have to rework the internals, plus still make sure the cyclone is connected. Would be a very custom marker if you do it though.
Ralphwggm5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralphwggm5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 5:02pm
You would be a paintball gun god if you dcould do that
A-5
14" Bigshot
E-Grip
Palmer's Female Stabilizer
68/4500 HPA
Collapsible Stock
Coiled Remote
Polished Internals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98thecustoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:14am
lol thanks...well the gun we are trying it on is already a vert feed A-5, so the cyclone isnt a problem.  The firend iam doing this experiment with works at an FAA Tech center, and he knows his way with many mysterious things lol.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:59am
There would be no real advantage. Just alota work.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
jacob_100 View Drop Down
I misbehaved too many times

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacob_100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 6:11pm

ya thats what i was kinda thinking

-jake

Alot of people these days play speed-ball and have superspeed gun.If you are one of the few pump players left,put this as ur sig.

-Phantom
45* grip
t-stock
20 round center feed
12 gram changer
Dave_09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 6:44pm
your implications arent very clear to me
tippmann 98 custom
ricochet apache
lapco bighsot
dye invision
coming soon:
response trigger
double trigger
bullet drop
expansion chamber
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:33pm
you realize there is zero performance difference between a closed bolt and an open bolt.

Any innacuracies you claim can be easily fixed with a decent barrel.
WesterlyBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesterlyBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:04am
closed bolt allows for a quieter shot. With a closed bolt it allows you to add a supressor that will actually work.
Tippmann A-5
Response Trigger
Solid Stock
16" Armson Barrel
Custom Cut Pro Carbine Barrel Shroud
Remote Line
Sight Rail
Araikon Overlord W/ leg hostler
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:46am

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

you realize there is zero performance difference between a closed bolt and an open bolt.

Any innacuracies you claim can be easily fixed with a decent barrel.

All those out there who share this view are dead wrong, ( please donít take that the wrong way, I donít mean to offend anyone ) closed bolts are much better than open bolts, the guys at H&K knew this when they designed the MP-5, which is the worlds first closed bolt sub-machine gun. A closed bolt is more accurate because with an open bolt when you pull the trigger the bolt slides forward, this causes a sudden change in balance, so by the time the gun goes off it is not pointing where it was when you pulled the trigger, the closed bolt eliminates this entire problem.

A closed bolt may not have as great an effect on accuracy when on paintball markers, but it does help.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:27pm
thats nice, now explain how the plastic front bolt would change the balance that dramatically??
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 3:56pm
MT, on paintball markers the accuracy is either completely unaffected or not affected greatlty enough to note a difference. This has been tested and proven. If i can find a copy of the test and results, i will post them. However, closed bolt may make a difference in efficency, and pressure which helps in keeping the choppage level to a down low. But im not sure on this one.
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 8:33am

Originally posted by pballa123 pballa123 wrote:

MT, on paintball markers the accuracy is either completely unaffected or not affected greatlty enough to note a difference. This has been tested and proven. If i can find a copy of the test and results, i will post them. However, closed bolt may make a difference in efficency, and pressure which helps in keeping the choppage level to a down low. But im not sure on this one.

I know that closed bolts are way more effective on firearms than open bolts, and I figured that since both Markers and firearms use air pressure and types of bolts to propel their projectiles, ( I know that there is a huge difference between Markers and Firearms but the basic concept of how the work is essentially the same, they both use air pressure, they just have different means of creating and releasing that pressure, and firearms have a greater amount of it), so I just figured that an open bolt would work better on a Marker, but since you say it has been tested and isnít that effective, then I guess I could be wrong.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 2:19pm
accuracy is entirely decided on the barrel. Warpig did tests where they fired an open bolt gun at a target, then they fixed the same gun to fire closed bolt. No difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic