FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ultimate Fighter? Anyone watching?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate Fighter? Anyone watching?
    Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:31pm
That's right, I'm sure this thread is gonna go nowhere, but I'm pretty satisfied with the show(except for a couple decisions).

Anyways, for those that live under a rock or don't watch TV, it's a reality show based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship mixed martial arts events.

Personally, I think the show's the bomb and I only missed the first episode(and the didn't fight so I don't care).

I swear, this show is better than Dog the Bounty Hunter! For real!

My favorite moment was probably when the dude from San Jose, California had to lose over 20 pounds in less than 24 hours! He lost the weight, and knocked that other dude out!

Had to be a Californian savage to do something like that.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:34pm
Heard about it.  Keep meaning to watch.  Sounds vaguely interesting.
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:39pm
i was watching one of the UFC events on the InHD channel...the best was frank mir against tim sylvia...sylvia was undefeated this huge 6'8" guy that just knocked out his opponents within 2 minutes of the first round...this was for the heavy weight belt and everything is going good...sylvia comes out hard throwing punches into mir's abs and shoulder...then sylvia thew one at his face, mir dodges it grabs his arm and puts him in an arm barhold and snaps his arm....match lasted 50 seconds it was disgusting...you saw the bone just pop lol

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:30pm
I watch the UFC's and the show.

It's coming on in three minutes, so I'm out.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 11:21am
Clark, it's a must-see. Watch and report back.

ShockeR_ratm:, I know exactly what you're talking about!

That's what happens when you're a one-dimensional fighter.

Basically, the show was left with 4 guys on each team, and instead of making them fight a member of the other team like they were supposed to, they threw a twist in there and the guys had to fight their teammates!

Anyways, I don't want to spoil anything for those that want to see it, but the fight was good and the show got me all pumped up.

Since some dude has a nasty cut over his eye, he had to pick someone to come back on the show and take his place.

He selected the dude from San Jose! Nice.
I <3 my A5 View Drop Down
"I am also a Pansy and Commy!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I <3 my A5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 12:12pm
I've seen the last two shows and have liked them. I intend to keep watching. Do you know if another new episode is on tonight?
Smoking Jesus causes testicular cancer.
XBL Gamertag: Velcronia
for Halo 2
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:06pm
^Actually, the new ones come out every Monday night at 11.

It's on at 8pm here because we have DirecTV and it's the east coast feed, so I don't know what time zone you're in and how that works out.

The show last night was pretty good, I'm sure they'll replay it this weekend or something.
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:08pm
Ultimate fighter...thats not the reality show with Sylvester Stallone is it?

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:14pm
i saw it last night like 2 hours after i posted...i was kinda disapointed chris didn't win...kenny has heart but isn't half the fighter chris is...kenny just got a lucky elbow shot

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:24pm
ScarFace22, what you are thinking of is a show called "The Contender". It's about boxing, not fighting.

I have heard good things about it from people who've seen it.

:ShockeR_ratm:, I agree. I feel bad for Chris because he seems like a dude I would personally like to meet, but he is just too predictable....he has a vicious left and he's pretty powerful overall, but he doesn't really have any technique other than trying to knock the other dude's block off!

I give Kenny credit, he has a ton of heart and took some big shots....he gained a lot of respect from me and I know I'll probably be routing him on in his future fights.

But you know the dude from San Jose is gonna whoop all those other squares! The dude's an animal!

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 3:04pm
I love The Ultimate Fighter.

I tape it while I am away from home so I can see it.

I have been a huge UFC fan since UFC III.  It's amazing how the sport has changed during this time period.  Back then, you had guys from wildly diverse schools of training squaring off, no rounds, no weight classes ...

Now, everybody pretty much trains the same way, with minor variations in style.

If I were about 19 years younger, I would love to have given Mixed Martial Arts a shot.
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:39pm
^I agree about the differences in training between the new and old-school UFC's.

But I can't really blame them, it's just the evolution of the sport. They are slowly working towards finding the ultimate fighting style, or at least that's what they think they're doing.

Personally, I'd like to think that I could hack it, but I don't think I could take it if I got split open like some of these guys do...my face is just too pretty to be getting messed up like that....at least you get to fall back on your age as an excuse! I'm 21 and the nly reason I can't is I'm too scared. LOL

I was thinking of you when I saw the show, but then I firgured you would have had to lose like 60 pounds.

What did you think about the dude from San Jose? He's a prick, but it takes some balls to lose 20 pounds in a day and still fight someone...let alone beat them.

I was surprised because he seemed like he didn;t have any heart.
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:50pm
I agree, If Kenny hadn't have landed that elbow, it would have been Chris by knockout or judges decision.

Either way, I like Diego the best, and Nate, he seems like an awesome guy.

Edited by Heres To You
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
nickman98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Et Tu, Nickman?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 8:12pm
i miss it to much..but its a sweet show..ufc 50 was by far the best one of recent..great fights all through the card..this next one liddel vs colture will be awsome...awsome...wooooooooooooo
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 8:59pm
Right on.

Personally, I'm more of a Pride fighting fan myself....problem is I don't get to see the events for free anymore, so I tend not to be able to keep up on what's going on like I want to.

I agree that Chris would have won the fight, and I wanted him to, but you got to give props to that dude Kenny....he has heart. Not like the other guys don't, but he looks like a total square but gets the job done. He also has some unique styles, so I can't hate on him. He's a classy guy.

That dude Nate does seem hella cool...what do you guys think about how he got hurt? I thought Couture was kinda at fault, but I wanna know what you think.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic