FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War Protesters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:10pm
the legitimate points are getting lost in the incoherent ramblings of others.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:14pm
Common problem around here.   Why don't you restate/summarize your points?
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:15pm
Only in response to OS's first post.
(can't be bothered with the rest)

The protesting of the war is not to do with the soldiers, we, meaning myself and all others whom I know who do the same, support the troops, and thank them when we see them. We are not the uninformed bandwagon kids who yelled baby-killer and spat upon veterans, that image is one we need to put aside as another generations foolishness. We disagree with the war on it's own terms.
Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:17pm
Such need to bicker?

i think we need the view of a canadian peacekeeper(me)

To those who support the war and your troops: awesome, some respect is shown for those who are fighting for whatever they and their country believe in.

To those who protest:awesome, without protesting, it's hard for people to see what freedoms they get to exercise on a daily basis.

and to that one idiot who said he didn't feel any free'er becuase of this war. Well, my unenlightened friend, you need to realize you are already free.

It's like being in the pool and someone has put the hose on you and your saying you don't feel wetter.

There is a strange division between the two aforementioned factions. And i understand it, i used to be pro military and war is necessary evil and all that....but then i actually spent two years(a relatively short amount of time)in the canadian military(you laugh, and i will destroy you), and i noticed both factions are co-dependant. You can't protest without soldiers and you can't soldier properly without protest. I know it sounds conflicting, but it isn't.

What does burn my bottom, in this and many other examples. is that extremely brave men such as OS, have fought because the country said so, and caught flak from cowards....i loathe this fact, but it comes with the territory i guess.

Be good guys, or the canadians will show up at your doorstep with their LAV's and C7's and peacekeep the hell out of the states.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

p.s. anyone remember the gnome wars?
A second class drive is always better than a first class walk.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:22pm

Haha, you're telling me I'm more free? Nope. Maybe the Iraqi's are, but not myself. I would have had the same freedoms before and after the war.

Get off the "every troop deserves respect" wagon and realize that it all depends on the person, the actions, and the war.

Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:26pm
who said your more free, i guess the analogy was wrong, because i was saying your just as free, just someone said they don't feel more free.....that's because your as free as you can get...

why do i bother?
A second class drive is always better than a first class walk.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:28pm
mmmmmmm..... gnome wars....
Geoduck View Drop Down
Banned - sorry, not IP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:16pm
I think it's awesome that we kick everyone's asses. There's a part of me that wants to control an Apache/Cobra and mow down everything. I'd like to pwn that way.
Calling Bush dumb is like calling a headless man blind.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:19pm
You should look into video games...
Geoduck View Drop Down
Banned - sorry, not IP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:20pm
Yes.
Calling Bush dumb is like calling a headless man blind.
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:52pm

Originally posted by rypaintball2 rypaintball2 wrote:

i think good smitty has nothing to do in his life so he finds some way to make something contraversial in his life by protesting the war, oldsoldier well done in this post im with you 100% and to those opposing the war in iraq we told sadam that we would wage war if he didnt cooperate and he didnt and none of the other UN were willing to back that up, however bush did and becasue of that we are taken more seriously by countries and we are ridding the world of a terroroist nation or trying to.

I spoke to one of my best friends still in the army last month. Out of his group of seven buddies from VMI class of 95, he is the only one left alive. I am not at the point that I need to make up reasons to despise this war.

Edited by goodsmitty
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by rypaintball3 rypaintball3 wrote:

badsmitty join the army and see if ur views are the same

He was an army combat medic when you were crawling around in Pampers Cruisers and regurgitating breastmilk.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

BuffaloSolda1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, inapropriate image 6/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloSolda1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><font face="Times New Roman" size="4">Old
soldier, I would just like to be the first to thank you for serving
your country. My generation needs to be more thankful for what <span style=""> </span>men like you ( and in many cases women) do so that we can enjoy freedom.

I have heard the same stories from my uncles in Vietnam. Thank you for your service OS.
TK by PB4MS.COM
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

What kind of idiot hates the soldier for a war they disagree with? Soldiers follow orders. I blame the politicians. I disagreed with the war in iraq, but once we were in it, of course i was all for the soldiers. The sooner done, the sooner they can come home and avoid being blown up by some religious fool.

Whats the point of protesting anyway? Nobody listens, or you get locked up for some nonsense charge (Republican National Convention)

nice post.  i'd have to say i agree.

Now about OS.  I'm sorry people have called you that.  You, as well as many other people who answered the call of duty shouldn't have to be subjected to negative remarks like that.  That isn't anti-american or anti-war, its a hate crime.  You don't deserve to be insulted for protecting innocent lifes whom you've never met, or will meet.  You put your life on the line for unknow people, who will never truly understand the sacrafice many soldiers have and will continue to make to save innocent lifes. 

Baby killer, I should say not.  Anyone who wants to complain about what happens in a war should go to war, then try to speak for their origonal prospective.  Untill then, they can shut the **edited** up.

Thanks OS.  Everyone here, and everyone else in the entire country owes you, and every single serviceman a thank you every day for the freedom you've given us every day.  Thanks.

Tommy

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
TheUnknown. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheUnknown. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Haha, you're telling me I'm more free? Nope. Maybe the Iraqi's are, but not myself. I would have had the same freedoms before and after the war.

We didn't go into this war to free ourselves nimwit, we went into it to a.) Free the oppressed and downtrodden iraqi people. b.)Remove of Terrorist groups, so that they do not have the ability to commit terrorist acts in our nation.

Unlike other nations like Japan, China, Iran, ect... and obviously yourself, the president and those around him are greatly interested in other thing than themselves.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 12:28am
Originally posted by TheUnknown. TheUnknown. wrote:

We didn't go into this war to free ourselves nimwit, we went into it to a.) Free the oppressed and downtrodden iraqi people. b.)Remove of Terrorist groups, so that they do not have the ability to commit terrorist acts in our nation.

Unlike other nations like Japan, China, Iran, ect... and obviously yourself, the president and those around him are greatly interested in other thing than themselves.

Cletus and Lulabelle history 101....

No, we went to disarm them of WMD, destroy the al-Qaeda training camps on every block, and stop the imminent attack on our soil from Iraqi nuclear weapons. As those things were all fiction, we have chosen to liberate much Iraqi oil.

Edited by goodsmitty
-Zesty

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 12:31am
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

No, we went to disarm them of WMD, destroy the al-Qaeda training camps on every block, and stop the imminent attack on our soil from Iraqi nuclear weapons. As those things were all fiction, we have chosen to liberate much Iraqi oil.

Exactly. Freedom of Iraqi's was 4th on the long list of lies. Anyways, what do you tell the people that claim these soldiers are fighting for our freedom? Yeah right. I don't feel the need to thank every soldier I come across because I know there are hundreds and thousands of civil service workers that deserve the same thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:04am

Exactly. Freedom of Iraqi's was 4th on the long list of lies. Anyways, what do you tell the people that claim these soldiers are fighting for our freedom? Yeah right. I don't feel the need to thank every soldier I come across because I know there are hundreds and thousands of civil service workers that deserve the same thanks.

Why not thank them all? Any public servant who risks their lives (police, fire fighters, EMS, and soldiers) deserve our respect. In peace time, soldiers suffer far fewer casualties than police officers, and vice versa in war.

I don't agree with your show of disdain for soldiers just because they are getting their due (insert smiley of choice here, you know I'm your pal). Firefighters and police officers got their due after hundreds lost their lives in the world trade center collapse. But I absolutely agree that not all soldiers are boy scouts, and some are downright criminals.

-Zesty

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:16am

Why not thank them all? Any public servant who risks their lives (police, fire fighters, EMS, and soldiers) deserve our respect. In peace time, soldiers suffer far fewer casualties than police officers, and vice versa in war.

I don't agree with your show of disdain for soldiers just because they are getting their due (insert smiley of choice here, you know I'm your pal). Firefighters and police officers got their due after hundreds lost their lives in the world trade center collapse. But I absolutely agree that not all soldiers are boy scouts, and some are downright criminals.

Haha, I know and if I was as articulate as you then you'd see that I am saying exactly the same you are. I never agree that anyone should get "their due" when it comes to death, only acknowledgment. You and I both are on the same page, I just don't say it as well.

You are truly an inspiration to those who have been through it and want to express their feelings against the politicians.

Edited by Dune

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 1:36am

^^^Haha. Sometimes I choose eloquence, sometimes confrontation. Neither changes anybody's mind on this forum, and confrontation is more fun, so confrontation usually wins.

I will choose eloquence this Saturday when I take the podium, I assure you.

-Zesty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic