Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What’s your opinion. . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ethos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s your opinion. . .
    Posted: 02 March 2005 at 11:39am

As far as I know, UT Dallas has no paintball club or team.  I was thinking of starting one once I got there, and in fact I just now learned of the NCPA (National Collegiate Paintball Association) so I was wondering whether or not I should really try to get a team established.  I've skimmed over the rules, regulations, and procedures for making a sports club (not sure if it's the same as a school team) and it seemed very very detailed and time consuming, so I was basically wondering whether or not I should try to establish one at all.  Also I'm thinking of doing Army ROTC for a few years, maybe even enlist after I'm done, so I'm not sure if that will take a up lot of my time.

P.S. I don't have a high-end gun and I doubt I could afford one while going to college, so I doubt I'd be on the team (I'd probably just be the founder or something), so that might be hard too.  Finding ppl with enough money and interest to start a college team is hard I imagine.

Edited by Ethos
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:13pm
I would go for it. I know that when I was at SDSU we had a team there. I beleive I heard the metion that they were a very good team and won some awards. I wasnt at the school long enough to ever check it out be I wish I had.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:13pm

Good luck

Give it a shot, but it all depends on how receptive the school is. Theres a club in the works at my school that a friend of mine and I have started, but it's been fighting red tape since october, with no signs of even budging thanks to insurance issues, and the morons on the Student Association.

Test the waters at your school, attend a government meeting, and broach the subject, see what kind of response you'll get. You're going to have to be a pretty smooth talker to convince them that its a good idea, wether or not paintball clubs are precedented in the college systems...They don't seem to care.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic