Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colour photos WWI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colour photos WWI
    Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:41pm
LINK I just think these are really neat. I had neevr seen color photos of olden day stuff.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:48pm
Wow! Thanks! I hadn't seen any color photos of WWII either. I really like how the photographer took shots of bombed out houses and the train that's riddled with bullet holes. I like history and really enjoyed those pictures. Do you know of any more photos from that era in color?
Name your poison...
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:52pm
from the olden days...lol, i love it when people say that...cool pictures too.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:56pm
ITS COLOR   not. Colour you sill Canadian... 
E-98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:01am

Layman, WWI...

But whatever, maybe just an extra keystroke--I've never seen pictures of WWI--But no fighting?
I'm sure that history channel has something on WWI in the "color of war" or something or another.

Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:04am
Never seen those before.  Nice find.

Props to my Dogg BLAND
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:12am
No, that's the only ones I know of Layman. I thought they were neat cause it just kinda makes you look at those times diffrently, when they're shown in colour. Hard to explain.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:18am

Thats awesome!

-me

Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:36am
Originally posted by E-98 E-98 wrote:

Layman, WWI...

I didn't notice the thread said WWI. Are you guys sure about the year of this? The car and the trench shots look WWI, but the amount of bomb destruction made me think that it was WWII. WWI took place in the teens, so that would make sense with the '06 date and comment about "the war". Meh, WWI.
Name your poison...
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:43am
That gives you a new perspective on it. Nice find!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 1:06am
It looks to me like the colour is added, like how they colorized old black and white movies. But either way, it does create an entirely different feel. It seems so calm in some of those pictures....
Train762 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Train762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:43am
that's definitely WWI. There some interesting papers and pictures about WWI here: http://greatwar.nl/ For a great collection of pictures head here: http://www.picturehistory.com/find/c/302/mcms.html

Oh yeah and about the bomb damage... They didn't really really use aerial bombs too much other than small bombs and grenades hand dropped from airplanes and balloons. However there was extensive use of artillery and that's most likely what caused the damage seen in those photos.

Edited by Train762
BLand View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:51am
Its neat cause when I see black and white photos its extremely hard to imagine what it looks like in color. These are neat.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:03am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

It looks to me like the colour is added, like how they colorized old black and white movies. But either way, it does create an entirely different feel. It seems so calm in some of those pictures....

Yup.

B_Wet A-5 View Drop Down
im luvin my pecs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Wet A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:15am
the original gangstas!!
I need smallers sigs.
AVIATOR GANG
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:35am
I like how they put "Ligne de Resistance" to remind them that the enemy is on the other side.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:36am
those are sweet
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:19am

Originally posted by E-98 E-98 wrote:

I'm sure that history channel has something on WWI in the "color of war" or something or another.

I watch that every once in awhile its pretty cool.

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:21am
Thats awsome. I love History especially WWI and WWII.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
jimbob_07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob_07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 9:16am

dude those are cool i gotta print em out and show em to my dad me and him are both history junkeys. Great Job!

JESUS IS MY SALVATION!

blk 98c
14" whisper
14" quiet riot
exp. chamber
remote
carbine stock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic