FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extraterrestrial life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Gotpaint92 Gotpaint92 wrote:

Originally posted by BLand BLand wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

Well the question is.....is the extrarrestrial life more advanced then us? 
Exactly. Why do we assume they're smarter?
It's better to over estimate your enemy than to under estimate him

Who says they would be our enemy?

bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Gotpaint92 Gotpaint92 wrote:

Originally posted by BLand BLand wrote:

Well the question is.....is the extrarrestrial life more advanced then us?
Exactly. Why do we assume they're smarter?
It's better to over estimate your enemy than to under estimate him

who says theyre enemies?
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:52am
I believe it's possible that aliens exist (the Bible doesn't have anything to the contrary), but I don't currently believe they do since I haven't seen any evidence for it.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:58am
There is a theory that something like due to the size of the universe there are around 6 planets exactly like ours that can sustain life like ours.

In my opinion there is other life out there.  Maybe not intelligent, but I cant see how life cannot exist in some form.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
RockinPorsche View Drop Down
Strike 1: Inappropriate Sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockinPorsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

Originally posted by DarkMachine5 DarkMachine5 wrote:

Well if there is otherlife there is no chance that they could ever reach us. If they lived 400,000,000 light years away by they time they got to us our sun would have exploded or we would have killed ourselves. Even if they did travel at the speed of light. Time Travel you say? Impossible. It has been proven many times

Didn't Einstein say time travel WAS possible, just not humanly feasable?

Something or other about taking an object with a mass that is somewhat close to the mass of our sun, and stretching it out, like, super thin (I'm talking like, about as thin as an atom), and then doing something with it?

Wow, I have like, no grasp of physics or time...

Well even if objects would go back and forth through time, you know humans haven't because if they have (or will, for that matter) don't you think there would be a written record or something about people from the future.

Picture of yours truly

Call me Moses.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 11:16am
Originally posted by RockinPorsche RockinPorsche wrote:

Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

Well if there is otherlife there is no chance that they could ever reach us. If they lived 400,000,000 light years away by they time they got to us our sun would have exploded or we would have killed ourselves. Even if they did travel at the speed of light. Time Travel you say? Impossible. It has been proven many times

Didn't Einstein say time travel WAS possible, just not humanly feasable?

Something or other about taking an object with a mass that is somewhat close to the mass of our sun, and stretching it out, like, super thin (I'm talking like, about as thin as an atom), and then doing something with it?

Wow, I have like, no grasp of physics or time...

Well even if objects would go back and forth through time, you know humans haven't because if they have (or will, for that matter) don't you think there would be a written record or something about people from the future.

Hm... THERE IS! Its called the BIBLE CODE. Lol.. But what he is talkin about is the Einstein Rosen Bridge.
POGUE182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POGUE182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 11:44am

yes, its insane to think there is no other life out there..theres billions of galaxys..not just ours.

I think theres another world like our earth...poeple and such, that would be cool.

Erik View Drop Down

Guested - Pure idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 12:21pm
I think when we finally find extraterrestrial life, we would see how boring and normal they really are.
My sig is stupid.
MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 2:18pm

Well if there is otherlife there is no chance that they could ever reach us.  If they lived  400,000,000 light years away by they time they got to us our sun would have exploded or we would have killed ourselves. Even if they did travel at the speed of light.

Time Travel you say?

Impossible. It has been proven many times

Wow, those are some pretty strong theories for a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. First, why do you assume that other lifeforms would be 400,000,000 lightyears away? Not 10? Not 100? Not 1000? Oh, because it was a convenient number to try and "prove" your theory!! I got ya... Since we don't know if there is any extraterrestrial life, we have no idea where it could be. It could be far away or it could be right in our neighborhood.

And as for time travel... you say it has been proven to be impossible many times. By who? What studies are you referring to? Just because we haven't figured out how to do something, doesn't mean its impossible. If that was true, the earth would be flat, we couldn't go faster than the speed of sound, and we would not have nuclear power. Same goes for space travel. Just because we don't know how to make a ship travel as fast as or faster than light doesn't mean it can't happen. Sure, misquote Einstein all you want, but who says he's right. 100 years from now, everyone could be calling Einstein a nutbag!!

I know this is the Thoughts and Opinions forum, but you weren't offering an opinion. You were taking your opinion and trying to pass it off as fact.

98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
Erik View Drop Down

Guested - Pure idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 3:27pm
You can't go back in time, you cannot go into the future. You would have to either speed up all the matter around you or make them go in the complete opposite direction and then find a way to stabilize everything back to normal speed again. That is impossible.
My sig is stupid.
MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 3:41pm

Originally posted by Erik Erik wrote:

You can't go back in time, you cannot go into the future. You would have to either speed up all the matter around you or make them go in the complete opposite direction and then find a way to stabilize everything back to normal speed again. That is impossible.

Holy crap! You know the only way to travel through time!! See people, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Erik "disproves" one theory about time travel, so time travel in general is impossible.

I've got one for you Erik! In order to fly, I need to make a machine with big wings and flap them like a bird. Damn, that didn't worse. I guess its impossible to make a machine that can fly...

This is called the "Thoughts and Opinions" forum. Maybe a little thinking would help you guys out...

Edited by MattyJ
98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
Erik View Drop Down

Guested - Pure idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 4:29pm
Yeah, I'm not too good at voicing my thoughts and opinions am I?
My sig is stupid.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by MattyJ MattyJ wrote:

Wow, those are some pretty strong theories for a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. First, why do you assume that other lifeforms would be 400,000,000 lightyears away? Not 10? Not 100? Not 1000? Oh, because it was a convenient number to try and "prove" your theory!! I got ya... Since we don't know if there is any extraterrestrial life, we have no idea where it could be. It could be far away or it could be right in our neighborhood.

And as for time travel... you say it has been proven to be impossible many times. By who? What studies are you referring to? Just because we haven't figured out how to do something, doesn't mean its impossible. If that was true, the earth would be flat, we couldn't go faster than the speed of sound, and we would not have nuclear power. Same goes for space travel. Just because we don't know how to make a ship travel as fast as or faster than light doesn't mean it can't happen. Sure, misquote Einstein all you want, but who says he's right. 100 years from now, everyone could be calling Einstein a nutbag!!

I know this is the Thoughts and Opinions forum, but you weren't offering an opinion. You were taking your opinion and trying to pass it off as fact.

Even if they were 400,000,000 light years away. It still means nothing. What if they left their home planet, or they are so old that their history has no record of ever having a planet, theoreticaly, they could have a HUGE "mother ship" say they rome around the universe looking for life or they left their planet 399,999,997 years ago? Hmmm??? That theory only aplies if they left, resterday, speaking relativly.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 5:18pm
i took a pic of a UFO when i was in arizona

nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 5:38pm
about time travel, i believe anything is possible in science. but to believe in time travel you must believe that the past is stored somewhere and the future is set and has already been decided.
Also, about humans traveling in time, there is a theory that says you can only tarvel back in time to the point where time machines were invented.
SO what if you could only travel to the past and back to the present but not the future?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 9:16am
Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

i took a pic of a UFO when i was in arizona

thats a weather balloon
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Cheeky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:16am
Originally posted by pballa123 pballa123 wrote:

about time travel, i believe anything is possible in science. but to believe in time travel you must believe that the past is stored somewhere and the future is set and has already been decided.
Also, about humans traveling in time, there is a theory that says you can only tarvel back in time to the point where time machines were invented.
SO what if you could only travel to the past and back to the present but not the future?

i heard that somewhere and i also heard they made a grain of dust travel back in time one day
Mad Psience View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Psience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:55am
They exist. They are simply very intelligent (more so than us) and have a directive where they will not come in contact with us until we have reached a stage of space exploration whereas we found each other rather then have them land on our rock and freak everyone.

MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 11:43am
If they're are aliens out there, they probably know so much about us its increadable. I mean, if humans evolved and "adapted" to earth, im sure other beings can do the same to their planet and resources.

If you believe in "Evolution" it is very easy to explain.

But if you see really religious people, and ask them their opinions about alien life, they will deny it.

AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 12:37pm

If they're are aliens out there, they probably know so much about us
its increadable. I mean, if humans evolved and "adapted" to earth, im
sure other beings can do the same to their planet and resources.

If you believe in "Evolution" it is very easy to explain.

But if you see really religious people, and ask them their opinions about alien life, they will deny it.

Wow. You're an idiot. Scroll up to my earlier response.

Edited by AdmiralSenn
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic