Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extraterrestrial life

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
What AM I smoking?

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5691
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 12:56pm
To whoever said the thing about black holes...
They aren't teleportals. They are a super-condensed, collapsed star. All it is is a well of gravity that draws everything in.
If you went into a black hole, you wouldn't come out in a parallel universe; you'd be crushed into the size of an atom.

Also, time travel IS supposedly possible. You have to use wormholes to do it according to a lot of scientists.
Wormholes can be found in the quantum foam between atoms. The problem is that you have to find a way to stretch the wormhole open, and then keep it that way.
After that, you can only go back to the point at which that particular wormhole was opened.
In other words, you couldn't go back to the time of the dinosaurs or Hitler or anything.

The problem with a "time-machine" in the typical sense (ie: not really using a wormhole) is that Earth moves tremendously from day to day.
If you DID get yourself to go even a week in the past, you'd materialize in outer space and die. Earth wouldn't be anywhere near where it started.
And if you built a space-ship into the time machine to get back to Earth, you'd waste all the time you went through just to get back to Earth, and you'd end up in the same time period, just older.

On the other hand, if you could get a time machine like the one above to actually work, you could cover large amounts of space in little time. Since the whole universe is rotating around, you could (theoretically) go back in time and be light years away from Earth, while the entire universe is where it was milennia ago.
Of course, this would be counterproductive to find if aliens exist today, because you would be a few thousand years in the past, and unable to communicate with Earth (since communication devices don't exist on Earth yet).

It really is quite paradoxical.
Back to Top
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Joined: 14 January 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Status: Offline
Points: 5123
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 2:09pm

I personally think that Time Travel is possible. Just drive 88 mph with a flux-capacitator attached to a Delorean and voix la!

But seriously. I think that time travel is possible. I have two theories about time travel.

Theory A: The adavanced humans of the future already know how to travel through time and they are smart enough to do it discreetly.

Or Theory B: Humans can and would eventually understand and master the art of time travel. But with the way current events look today, our consumtion craze will kill us off before the time we can discover it.

My theories. I personally think Theory B is correct. So I think the scientists of today should do whatever they can to pro-long global warming and such. Just let Earth live long enough for the future scientists to invent the time machine to come back and kick our ass.

[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 2:29pm
Time travel is made up, so is not possible. That is my theory.

Also i think time doesnt exist, its like a figment, its something we made up to measure the passing of events.

Edited by DBibeau855
Back to Top
Erik View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested - Pure idiocy

Joined: 27 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 2:31pm

I myself think that giant alien creatures will descend to earth aboard an asteroid and their sole objective would be to mass sterilize all humans using sharp, stabby instruments attached to their tails. This would make humans almost extinct, without actually having to kill any of them.

I think this was prophesized in the book of Revelations. Although I did twist it around to make it more interesting.



Edited by Erik
My sig is stupid.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 2:33pm
What are you talking about! Ha ha.
Back to Top
Erik View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested - Pure idiocy

Joined: 27 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 2:48pm
Go look for the final plague of "locusts," the ones that rise up out of the smoke of a crater and torture all the people without killing them. God will hand us our asses several times during the apocalypse, pollution via asteroids (a.k.a. mountains in the sky crashing into the oceans) and other plagues included.
My sig is stupid.
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 3:23pm

Not to get picky or anything...  but we are of course traveling in time right now.

;)

 

Back to Top
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Doors Of Perception

Joined: 31 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6331
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

If they're are aliens out there, they probably know so much about us
its increadable. I mean, if humans evolved and "adapted" to earth, im
sure other beings can do the same to their planet and resources.

If you believe in "Evolution" it is very easy to explain.

But if you see really religious people, and ask them their opinions about alien life, they will deny it.



Wow. You're an idiot. Scroll up to my earlier response.


Wow. Way to be an ass.

Back to Top
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 07 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:


Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

If they're are aliens out there, they probably know so much about us
its increadable. I mean, if humans evolved and "adapted" to earth, im
sure other beings can do the same to their planet and resources.

If you believe in "Evolution" it is very easy to explain.

But if you see really religious people, and ask them their opinions about alien life, they will deny it.



Wow. You're an idiot. Scroll up to my earlier response.


Wow. Way to be an ass.


I am a very religious person. Granted I wasn't very nice about it, but how does your statement hold up? Don't make broad generalizations. The people who deny things for no reason (ex: aliens) are the people who make the rest of their group look bad.

What made me post what I did is that on the same page was a response by me that directly contradicts what you said. The Bible does not say anything about aliens and therefore there is no Biblical reason to suppose they don't exist.

When somebody is completely wrong, I call them an idiot. It might not be correct or fair, but I call 'em as I see 'em. Sorry if you're mad.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Back to Top
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Doors Of Perception

Joined: 31 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6331
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:


Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

If they're are aliens out there, they probably know so much about us
its increadable. I mean, if humans evolved and "adapted" to earth, im
sure other beings can do the same to their planet and resources.

If you believe in "Evolution" it is very easy to explain.

But if you see really religious people, and ask them their opinions about alien life, they will deny it.



Wow. You're an idiot. Scroll up to my earlier response.


Wow. Way to be an ass.


I am a very religious person. Granted I wasn't very nice about it, but how does your statement hold up? Don't make broad generalizations. The people who deny things for no reason (ex: aliens) are the people who make the rest of their group look bad.

What made me post what I did is that on the same page was a response by me that directly contradicts what you said. The Bible does not say anything about aliens and therefore there is no Biblical reason to suppose they don't exist.

When somebody is completely wrong, I call them an idiot. It might not be correct or fair, but I call 'em as I see 'em. Sorry if you're mad.


It's chill. I just thought you were saying you said the same thing before, and basically like "you're double posting what I said." I guess that is how i took it.
 
No hard feelings.

Back to Top
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Joined: 24 June 2004
Location: Micronesia
Status: Offline
Points: 1668
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 4:15pm
Whoa, it makes me feel small when I think about stuff like this, then I think about the meaning of life and what not. Then I move to my theorys of how the human race will become extinct.  Then I say to myself "Screw it, you won't be around long enough to see any of it.  Go out and have some fun."  Then I got have some fun .


I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
Back to Top
soonerdude05 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 November 2003
Location: Czechoslovakia
Status: Offline
Points: 400
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 4:22pm
I personaly never beleived in aliens until I read Ezekiel chapter 1. It is very interesting and mentions floating wheels with lights on them.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 4:45pm
Doesnt mean much, religion has been filled with visions of Wheels and all that. Doesnt mean much. And in revalations, those plaigs were inflicted against people with the sign of the beast only.
Back to Top
DarkMachine5 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 December 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 353
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkMachine5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by MattyJ MattyJ wrote:

Originally posted by DarkMachine5 DarkMachine5 wrote:

Well if there is otherlife there is no chance that they could ever reach us.  If they lived  400,000,000 light years away by they time they got to us our sun would have exploded or we would have killed ourselves. Even if they did travel at the speed of light.

 Time Travel you say?

 Impossible. It has been proven many times

Wow, those are some pretty strong theories for a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. First, why do you assume that other lifeforms would be 400,000,000 lightyears away? Not 10? Not 100? Not 1000? Oh, because it was a convenient number to try and "prove" your theory!! I got ya... Since we don't know if there is any extraterrestrial life, we have no idea where it could be. It could be far away or it could be right in our neighborhood.

And as for time travel... you say it has been proven to be impossible many times. By who? What studies are you referring to? Just because we haven't figured out how to do something, doesn't mean its impossible. If that was true, the earth would be flat, we couldn't go faster than the speed of sound, and we would not have nuclear power. Same goes for space travel. Just because we don't know how to make a ship travel as fast as or faster than light doesn't mean it can't happen. Sure, misquote Einstein all you want, but who says he's right. 100 years from now, everyone could be calling Einstein a nutbag!!

I know this is the Thoughts and Opinions forum, but you weren't offering an opinion. You were taking your opinion and trying to pass it off as fact.




 i picked 400,000,000 because someone used it as an expamle before me! if you read i was responding to him.

 
Originally posted by mattyj mattyj wrote:


Just because we don't know how to make a ship travel as fast as or faster than light...
 

     i'll find a link later but if you went that fast you would.....undo... or something

Clark Kent wrote:
Real men make fun of Muslims.
THE QWERTY
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.