Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drinking straw mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ice1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drinking straw mod
    Posted: 24 February 2005 at 4:52am

the straw mod is to eliminate trigger slop

your trigger pivots on 2 pins, the forward one ill call pin a, and the rear one pin B

now, pin A isnt quiet the same size as the hole that goes over it, so what happens is you end up with a little bit of slop, because really you only need it to move around pin B, so heres what you do.

Get a straw, any straw except those coffee stir ones
cut a section of it, lengthwise, that is about the legth of your trigger (part in the gun)
then you take your section, cut a slit down the side, and wrap it around Pin A and tuck it into the trigger hole
then you will probly want to take a little graphite or oil and put a drop in there

and that is how you get rid of a litle bit of trigger slop

other then that its just a matter or well placed grub screws

Edit: this is the mod for the 98c, i have no idea if it is the same for the A5

Edited by Ice1
BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 11:45pm
I have done the straw mod in the past and it works, but the Q-Tip mod works better to shorten the trigger pull ( unless you have a JCS, than your already setup  )
My A-5 :

RamboBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamboBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 4:03pm
sound like a bunch of bull**edited** to me
TIPPMANN KICKS ASS
Champions know pain, endure pain, and never complain
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
rileyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rileyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 12:21am
it is either using a cut piece of drinking straw vertically in place of a trigger spring, not to work as a spring, put a trigger stop, or a cut piece of drinking straw placed horizontally and running parallel to the gun, working like a real soft spring. If you want the second one, just take out your spring altogether and u will be happier
Tippmann 98c
GTA double trig
Dye rear velocity adjuster
No trigger spring
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 2:37pm
Probably not gonna make too much of a difference when the gun is gassed up.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
POGUE182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POGUE182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 11:45am
i dont know......
BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:32pm

This is the Ultimate Trigger Mod thread ( sorry to post something from another site)

http://www.a5og.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10

My A-5 :

ac600ccer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac600ccer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:28pm
i think it is the mod that you put a little piece of a drinking straw over the pin that the sear rests on.
my A-5 setup,sp freak kit,pro-seal powertube,E-grip,cp 45* drop,polished internals,GTA lpk,palmers fatty stab.crossfire 45/4500 ,dye rhino cover,jcs duel trigger
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:21pm

wat?

wut is it supposed to do?

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
#61_A-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #61_A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:07pm
I keep hearing about it.  I also searched for it but can't find the accutal procedure for the drinking straw mod.  Can someone please explain. Thanks
A-5
E grippa!
Mechanical grip
20 0z.
Polished Interals
Polished Barrel
Lifes hard wear a helmet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic