Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CO2 Safety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adomas32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adomas32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CO2 Safety
    Posted: 21 February 2005 at 2:59pm

a couple days ago, i was firing my a5, and the cyclone feeder stopped feeding and i had to push the advance every single time.  then i noticed that my tank was ridiculously cold and that there was a frost on the outside.

today i decided to test the tank.  i cocked the gun, and as i was screwing in the co2, it started to spit out gas like crazy.  at this point i turned it a little more, but that didn't help, so i just put the gun down on the ground and walked a safe distance and waited for the co2 to empty itself.

when i went back to unscrew the tank, my gun adapter nor the co2 was cold, so i think that it was leaking through the adapter.

im thinking of throwing it out to be on the safe (sane) side.  what do you guys think

sorry for long post.

and no i didn't search

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 3:22pm
Sounds like you ran out of C02 and your tank o-ring is broken. Get the tank filled and the O-ring replaced and you will be fine.

Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 5:04pm

My A-5 will go into that single shot mode when the tank is near empty.  Could you see the leak.  If the leak comes from between the marker and the brass on the tank, it is a bad seal.  If it comes from the little hex nut cap on the side of the tank, you can get repacement disks as they are called from Walmart, or your PB proshop.  These fail more often when you leave your tank in a hot car in the summer.  If it is coming from between the brass and the black tank itself, this is extremely dangerous and should be returned to the manufacturer.  It would be a manufacturer's defect.  This is very rare, but it killed a Mom in California last summer.  Everyone should mark their tanks with a permanent marker so you can see if that seal between tank and brass is breeched.  Watch the mark whenever you losen the tank from the marker.  If it is loose at all it is potentially deadly!

Later,

Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic