Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can i make my A-5 an automatic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zipperxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipperxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i make my A-5 an automatic?
    Posted: 18 February 2005 at 4:00pm
I just bought an A-5 and i was told i could upgrade it to an automatic and get upto 20 balls a second. Is this true?
atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise skolir fra rauthr.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 4:02pm
Yes, you can get it automatic by getting the egrip. It won't go 20bps more like 17bps I think is the limit.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 4:25pm
I dont know how many bps. 20 sounds kind of high. But you can ge full auto with it. Be careful though its not legal at all feilds
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 4:31pm

The E-Grip caps out at 14-15 bps.

With a carefully worked RT, you can get quasi-auto up to 17-18 bps.

Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 5:24pm

you can remove your sear if the a-5 works the same as the 98c its the same operation right?if it is dont do it its a great way to kill your 230 dollar gun.you can

get an egrip its capped at 15bps or r/t theres no limit is there as high as the gun can go i guess but thats about 17bps.

signature
TippmannA5Mastr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannA5Mastr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 8:18pm
Yea, you can buy an E-Grip but most of the fields don't allow full autos... there quite dangerous...

R/T, Scope, Stock, Double Finger, Remote, Timer, Flatline
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 8:41pm
i think its at over 18bps, that the cyclone spins to fast and balls cant drop fast enough to feed. so you dont want it too fast.
bomberpilot07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomberpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 9:18pm
i have tuned my a-5 pretty fast and i think its like 17bps might be faster but it took a few trys to get it there. ill have to check it next time i play.
"OBSESSED IS A WORD THE LAZY USE TO DESCRIBE THE DEDICATED"
f@ll3n 5nip3r View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f@ll3n 5nip3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:59pm
e-grips are capped at 15 but thats still faster than it sounds i only stay around 12 on my cocker normally and if u want it faster the new WAS board is uncapped so yeah that would be koo
anti:
flatline
egg 2
fender guitars
cyclone
xbox live gamertag:fall3n 5nip3r
steam tag:fallen sniper
ADD ME!!!

"SO I bought an Angel, How the hell do I shoot it.." -jmac3
R4M-Z3T View Drop Down
Guested, F-bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R4M-Z3T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2005 at 12:04am
i adjusted my jcs trigger to about 17-18pbs on my egrip for the a-5. ile put a selected number of paintballs in it next time i play and see how long it takes to shoot them all...so ile get back on the A-5's rate of fire.
my A-5 and GX-4
BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2005 at 12:51am
The board on the E-Grip is capped at 15bps. I know of 3 people working on a new board to get it higher, but have not finished the mod yet.
My A-5 :

#61_A-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #61_A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2005 at 8:14am
What if you had a JCS double trigger and walked it in Turbo wouldn't that allow for higher rates of fire than even the full auto setting?
A-5
E grippa!
Mechanical grip
20 0z.
Polished Interals
Polished Barrel
Lifes hard wear a helmet.
Wings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2005 at 12:29pm

The e-grip is capped at 15bps regardless of firing mode. It will not fire faster than 15bps

The RT can get up to 17bps, more if you tune it just right and do some other custom modding.

The WAS board thats comming out for all tippmann markers (current and future) has an adjustable cap of up to 30bps. Right now tippmann won't vouche for the cyclone handling more than 15 reliably though it has been tested well above that and can hit at least 20 without problems.

rileyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rileyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 12:19am

the 98c with a Halo B or Q loaderwill outshoot a A5 because if the cyclone feeds over 15 bps it starts to turn into a heicopter rotor.

if u heard paint blender,  they mean a5 at high speeds

Tippmann 98c
GTA double trig
Dye rear velocity adjuster
No trigger spring
MagnumForce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagnumForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 10:19am
With the RT tuned just right yu can get it up to 17-19 BPS.
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 10:41am

I e mailed tippmann and they said the absolute highest u can get out of an r/t is 13 BPS?

And no the cyclone can hit 20 but might have an ocasional blank fire but over on the was forums they said reliably it can hit 17.

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset