FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$#%^&*(&^%^&*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 10:37pm
If it bothers you, don't listen to it.

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

first off, if u r a true music fan, you will not dis rap. And if you do hate rap, you must not be listening to TRUE rap. Those songs with weed this and rims that is not true rap.

To get a real taste of TRUE rap, listen to some songs by Tupac, certain songs by Nas, Kanye West, and KRS one.

Rap is like any other kind of music, putting emotions to a beat.Doesn't metallica does the same thing expect with a rock beat.

Now, since i no this is a winless battle, im going to go back to lassing up my new shoes. Good nite and have a wonderful tommorrow.

P.S.- I listen to all kinds of music. Mostly rap though cause i think its one of the few remaining forms of true music left.

I'm sorry that when i think of rap music, i think of annoying singers with their bling, singing about cars and chicks.

Well, thats what the MTV socity shows you. Try listening to some less popular rap, like the ones i listed above. Rappers sing about bling and cars because thats wut sells records to the ignorant people.

i say the complete opposite, these "TRUE" rap songs sounds so boring and GENERIC, the only time i listen to rap is in cars reallly loud with big subs the the ones with crap lyrics but a god bass beat and yes i laugh at my self for being a **edited** sometimes, but 99% of the time im listening to old metal and rock so i redeem my self. haha

<1 meg sig = bad>
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 11:45pm
I was named after a rapper and concieved to a rap song, so rap has done me good. With out rap, I would not be.

Enjoy! Thanks Dave. Here!!

Edited by Hades

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:27am

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

If it bothers you, don't listen to it.

Word.

But I will defend rap.  I like quite a bit of modern poppy gangsta rap.  I like the beats, I like the bass, I like the lyrics, I like the outstanding emotive quality.  Who does anger better than Eminem?  Who grunts better than DMX?  Who does arrogance better than Dre?

Powerful beats, powerful bass, powerful lyrics - what's not to like?

In my experience, most people who flatly state that they don't like rap just haven't heard very much of it.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:33am
Amen, Brotha. Word to your mother.

Dont forget about Snoop, he invented half of the words teens use today.

House of Pain, Jump Around. Beats any song played on MTV over the past 10 years.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:36am
There was this one guy, I dont remember his name,
but he pretty much invented hip hop lingo. He
started "po-po" as police, etc... Snoop as well.

Hades, I was actually thinking about that ballin
pimpin hard video today... it's so frustrating...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:37am

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Dont forget about Snoop, he invented half of the words teens use today.

Snoop is also good, although a bit more of an acquired taste - very peculiar style.

(Doggystyle aside - who doesn't like Doggystyle?)

Brainless_Fool View Drop Down

Guested "hacking" passwords

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainless_Fool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 1:18am

DMX PWNS

EMINEM PWNS 1/2 the time but still PWNS

TUPAC PWND

Who loves the chocolate?
Everyone loves the chocolate.
Nobody hates the chocolate.
'Cos everyone loves the chocolate.
Brainless_Fool View Drop Down

Guested "hacking" passwords

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainless_Fool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 1:18am
Other rap sucks. Unless someone corrects me by providing another example of excellent rap.
Who loves the chocolate?
Everyone loves the chocolate.
Nobody hates the chocolate.
'Cos everyone loves the chocolate.
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 9:15am
I've heard some good rap, but as a rule it pretty much sucks.

But as a rule most everything that isn't good sucks, so I can't just bash rap.

Later
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 9:27am
As a rule, people that criticize something tend not to know as much about it as the people who do like it.

This is one of those cases.

The best rappers are the ones you've never heard of, and of course, they come from the West Coast...the closer to the Bay Area the better.

I'm sorry, but if you like any of these studio rappers you would seriously love you some underground stuff!

And I hate to say it, but rap not only has better beats and rythme than any other kind of music, the lyrics are actually deeper as well.

But like anything, people are gonna listen to some Chingy and think they know about rap, when those homos on MTV are about as far from a real rapper as you can get.

Educate yourself about something before you knock it.
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 9:37am
The biggest beef I have with rap is the negative message that most of it portrays. However, there is some underground stuff that is not negative and is very good.

When I say that "as a rule rap pretty much sucks" I'm reffering to the mtv junk that most kids listen to.

Later
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:02am
^Oh, I wasn't directly responding to you. I just read your post and thought the whole "as a rule" was a good style to go with this particular post! LOL

It's true, most rap could be considered negative. But like all music, it's a reflection of the life you live and the environment you are surrounded by.

If everything in your life is all good, you express that. If things have gone bad, you can flow about that as well.

I would personally just say I laugh when I hear people say rap has no good lyrics, when every one of their little punk/thrasher crap bands sounds the same and says like 5 whole words the whole song...all of them grunted so you can barely understand.

All I will say is that if rap has no lyrical content, nothing does.
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:04am
I don't mind rap, but I hate to think that some guitairist is sitting at home barely affording his apartment and has spent years perfecting his talent, and someone like Lil' Jon can come up and scream YEAHH!!!! and hes driving around in Hummers.

It just shows how eff'd up our society is, nobody really understands true talent.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:06am
"I grab the mic and spit flows 'til I decompose, I've been screaming freak them hoes since I was an embryo, and freak the radio, I'm staying strictly undergound, freak a trick I wouldn't save a chick if she was drowning." - Savage-C
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

I don't mind rap, but I hate to think that some guitairist is sitting
at home barely affording his apartment and has spent years perfecting
his talent, and someone like Lil' Jon can come up and scream YEAHH!!!!
and hes driving around in Hummers.

It just shows how eff'd up our society is, nobody really understands true talent.

I can toatlly feel you here! What's even worse, is there are just plain better rappers that are not getting paid while this chump screams in his repulsive voice and makes millions....freaking Americans have no class.
MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:13am
Me, I like all types of music. But I agree that people don't like rap because of what they see on MTV (music destroyer). Try and listen to rap artists that nobody has ever heard of, like Immortal Technique. Go to the Viper Records webpage and get Immortal Technique's Revolutionary, Volume 2. Pay the 11.99 to listen to what real rap music is. Especially Track 17, You Never Know. Maybe after hearing it, you'll see the art behind the bling-bling, rims, pimpin, and **edited**es that is MTV rap.
98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

I don't mind rap, but I hate to think that some guitairist is sitting
at home barely affording his apartment and has spent years perfecting
his talent, and someone like Lil' Jon can come up and scream YEAHH!!!!
and hes driving around in Hummers.

I can toatlly feel you here! What's even worse, is there are just plain better rappers that are not getting paid while this chump screams in his repulsive voice and makes millions....freaking Americans have no class.

I'm glad you pointed that out before I was flamed.  I do enjoy some rap, very little, but some.  There is definently some decent rap out there.

And to the forumer who said nas wasn't commercial rap.  What was his first breakout song?  "I got mine, I hope you got yourself a gun"
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:25am

Originally posted by reclusivetorrid reclusivetorrid wrote:

The biggest beef I have with rap is the negative message that most of it portrays.

Much of gangsta rap in particular certainly is misogynistic, homophobic, and violent - no doubt about it, and I can understand how that would drive many people away.  At the same time, however, those same things contribute to the emotional power of the music.  If I want mellow, I'll listen to Elton John.  If I want to start WWIII, I listen to Rammstein.  If I want to emote anger, I listen to Eminem.

Anger is also an emotion, and I don't want to leave it our of my music repertoir.

whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:59am

All I have ever heard is the junk on the radio and on tv, and as a rule I don't like it at all. When you make up words so you can complete a verse, then your art form has ceased being music.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic