Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Poll Question: Do you believe abortion should be allowed??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [38.78%]
27 [55.10%]
3 [6.12%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:43am
Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

They're not killing anything.

I consider something to be "living" if it can survive on its own
without having to rely on a host. A fetus is nothing more than a
parasite until it can survive on its own, out of the womb.

A fair point.

I consider the fetus to be a living human though. It is simply in an earlier stage of development.

phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:46am

Originally posted by phillll227 phillll227 wrote:

My thoughts are that if you don't want a baby, don't have sex

So once a couple gets married and has sex, and the wife has a baby,
they're not to have sex ever again unless they plan on conceiving a
child?

Isn't that how it works? jk

All joking aside, I should have phrased that differently. People shouldn't have sex unless they are prepared to care for a baby.
f@ll3n 5nip3r View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f@ll3n 5nip3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:04am

What if the condom breaks? Or the chick missed birth control by 10 minutes?

It's their body, let them do what they want.

if the condom breaks...double up

anti:
flatline
egg 2
fender guitars
cyclone
xbox live gamertag:fall3n 5nip3r
steam tag:fallen sniper
ADD ME!!!

"SO I bought an Angel, How the hell do I shoot it.." -jmac3
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:09am
Doubling up increases friction and actually ups the percentage of breaking by a lot. You've never gotten laid, have you?

f@ll3n 5nip3r View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f@ll3n 5nip3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:10am
well i never really thoughbt of it that way...i only said that cuz a few years back at this std thing my frined said that and it was dang funny
anti:
flatline
egg 2
fender guitars
cyclone
xbox live gamertag:fall3n 5nip3r
steam tag:fallen sniper
ADD ME!!!

"SO I bought an Angel, How the hell do I shoot it.." -jmac3
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:17am

I consider something to be "living" if it can survive on its own without having to rely on a host. A fetus is nothing more than a parasite until it can survive on its own, out of the womb.

So when you were a baby (outside the womb) and could not survive on your own you were not living and your parents could make you into a stew if they pleased?

A parasite is still a living thing.

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:23am
I'm with newport. I am fine with it.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 9:14am

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

When a fetus is past two weeks in age its living.  Aborting it is murder, plain and simple.

Its not a case of women's rights, its a case of the baby's rights.

Darur then said:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Er, yes allow me to revise my original opinion.

I do feel that in instances such as the baby or mother's life if in danger and in the case of rape abortion should be allowed, but not because some 20 year old had sex and doesnt want to have a baby.

Not picking on Darur here - this is a common opinion.

My question:  If a fetus is living and abortion is murder, how is it not then murder in the case of rape?  Is that rape-fetus less living somehow, less deserving of life than a "regular" fetus?

St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 9:21am

I put undecided but I wanted to put no. Woops.

The mother should not be allowed to kill her son before he is born more than she is afterwards. It's not his fault that she decided to have sex before she was ready to have a kid.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 10:22am
Unless the mother's health is involved I say no.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 11:31am
Under most curcumstances yes, it should stay legal.

Also, it is my personal opinion that it is the couple's decision only and no one elses business. Someone elses morals should have absolutely no bearing in the matter unless the couple themselves wish to concider them.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 11:33am
I'm with you Hades. Seems to be a very common trend lately. Is this the union of Good and Evil, Dark and Light? Armageddon anyone?
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:06pm
Funny thing is, alot of my current opinions are completely different from the day I joined. Living life and listening to other ideas does wonders to the mind. I am not saying that I have completely flipped sides on issues, just a lot more in the middle.

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:13pm
No and I'm liberal.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
GhettoSmurf View Drop Down
Thou shall not pretend to break the law.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhettoSmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

In the first trimester and in cases of rape, etc, it's ok by me.

yeh, in cases like that its fine, but if later or just because they have a decision not to want it, adoption is good

Dan Long
Spyder Electra DX
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:20pm

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:15pm
There are too few real reasons to abort and too many alternatives. Denying that kid a life just because it might screw yours up is just wrong. 

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Adoption is good, ehh???

Yea, because all adoptions go that way....

My mom will be adopting from China in June-July, and I don't ever suffer abuse.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:18pm

I consider something to be "living" if it can survive on its own without having to rely on a host. A fetus is nothing more than a parasite until it can survive on its own, out of the womb.

What about a newborn baby?  If you sit it in its crib, it will die pretty fast without anyone caring for it.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:23pm
I know that not all adoptions go wrong [I know some perfectly good foster parents myself.] The fact remains that some do. Adoption cant be the end all solution for reasoning against abortion because for some children, it isnt what is best.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic