Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Poll Question: Do you believe abortion should be allowed??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [38.78%]
27 [55.10%]
3 [6.12%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 1:16pm
i think that it should be up to the people involved. alot of times people have kids before they should and end up in poverty. not saying it happens to everyone or they stay poor but it does happen alot.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
duckncover21 View Drop Down
Guested-slurs/f-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckncover21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Once again, if abortion is government sanctioned murder, then so is the death penalty.

Yea that makes sense.... Wait then again the child/fetus is an innocent being and the moron on death row isn't.

Sectional football games have the glory and despair of war, and when a Texas team takes the field against a foreign state, it's an army with banners!!

Hook'em Horns!!!
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 1:27pm
We are slowly moving torward baning it. Right now there are laws that say if you kill a pregnant woman. Your penalty will reflect both deaths. Just a matter of time. This law stipulates that the fetus is alive in the eyes of the law.
Guested-slurs/f-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckncover21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 1:28pm

Wal-mart, K-mart, Walgreens. These are some of their policies, and I have been called to these stores to talk with kids trying to buy condoms. As for gas stations, I do not know.

Well how about Krogers?? I'm 15 and this summer I continually walked into the store and bought boxes for myself and my friends who were too embarresed to do it.

Yes I do have sex but I'm not gonna let my girlfriend have an abortion if she was to get pregnant. I would face up to it. Like the saying goes "You make your bed, you have to sleep in it."

Sectional football games have the glory and despair of war, and when a Texas team takes the field against a foreign state, it's an army with banners!!

Hook'em Horns!!!
Guested-slurs/f-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckncover21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 1:31pm

It boils down to whether or not you consider it murder. I do not see it as the same. If I were to egg someone's house, I would only be arrested for vandalism, not animal cruelty. However, if I were to mutilate a chicken and smear it's blood all over someone's house I would be arrested for animal cruelty. I see it the same for abortion.

The difference between the two is that the eggs we buy from the store do not contain living fetus' inside them. The stores don't sell them that way. The baby chicken is already dead. That is why they are safe to eat.

Hook'em Horns!!!
LastShot0330 View Drop Down
If Enos stops, my head will disappear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LastShot0330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:00pm

If a chick gets raped i believe she should have the opportunity to have an abortion. would u want to have your virginity taken away from u then have to have that evil 's baby...I think not

--I'm out

[IMG]http://www.zmachars.com/emb%20patches/The-Used-Logo_P-752_small.jpg">
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by duckncover duckncover wrote:

Yes I do have sex but I'm not gonna let my girlfriend have an abortion if she was to get pregnant.

That's mighty noble of you.  Have you talked this over with your girlfriend?  How does she feel?  Does she know you won't "let" her have an abortion?  (I presume you realize that legally you have no say)  Does she realize that SHE is the one who may have to drop out of school?  That SHE is the one who won't be on the volleyball team her senior year, the one who will have to postpone college?  (I'm making assumptions about age - if I am off, adjust rhetorical questions accordingly)

Do you have a plan for providing for the child?  Who is going to earn money, and how?  Whose education is going to get screwed up?  Whose career gets killed?  Are you going to quit your job and be a house-dad for the rest of your life?

It is easy to be macho and say "I'll take care of it" - but if you haven't REALLY thought it through, then it is just bravado.

Originally posted by duckn duckn wrote:

the eggs we buy from the store do not contain living fetus' inside them.

Fine - whatever.  Now go live on a farm, where they DO eat fertilized eggs.  Is that abortion?  Heck, if anything, that is MORE than an abortion - unlike a fetus, a fertilized chicken egg is fully self-sufficient and will grow into a adult chicken without more help.

St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:26pm

I don't see what the deal with the chickens is. If murdering a born animal is okay then why are we talking about the injustice of killing an unborn animal.

Unborn babies are people and people should not be allowed to kill them. If for some reason I was a burden on my mom and dad right now and they had to give up their job to do something for me then would it be okay for them to kill me? I don't think so.

There are extreme circumstances to which the abortion should be allowed. As someone mentioned, one does not want to give birth to the child of her rapist. Or maybe giving birth would give the mother close to no chance of survival.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:42pm
This may be a little off topic but In the commandment, "Thou shall not kill," what was it refering to? Specifics werent given so should nothing be killed, including deseases, insects, plants, and cells be killed according to this religious law?

Edited by Hades

St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:49pm

We don't follow religious laws anymore but if the commandments were the only thing you knew then you would probable die in a few months at most.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by duckncover21 duckncover21 wrote:

Once again, if abortion is government sanctioned murder, then so is the death penalty.

Yea that makes sense.... Wait then again the child/fetus is an innocent being and the moron on death row isn't.

I'm not the ignorant one. Who gets the choice of who dies? You? The jury? What gives them the right? At least with abortion it is the carrying mother and father. I support abortiong much more then I do the death penalty.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

This may be a little off topic but In the commandment, "Thou shall not kill," what was it refering to? Specifics werent given so should nothing be killed, including deseases, insects, plants, and cells be killed according to this religious law?

Depends on the translation - many English versions of the Bible state that "you shall not murder", or some version of that.  This punts on the whole issue. 

Shadow16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 4:41pm

Abortion is murder. Period. Who are these people to say that this baby has no right to live? That this baby should be put to death because of some stupid mistake they made? Who are they to say that one of Gods most innocent creations is not worthy? You tell me.

The commandment "Thou shalt not commit murder." This does apply to unborn children. If you think about it a baby is gods opinion that the world should go on.

Snipers Dominate
98c
16 inch Rifled Barrel
Red dot sight
Soon:
Low pressure system
Shoulder stock
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 4:44pm
Gods opinion? I would think of it thisway, that life is gods gift, and it should be treated as such.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 4:58pm

No god=no reason for everyone to follow that religion's view.

It should stay legal.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 5:04pm
I agree, dispite my religious beliefs. Religion has no place in law making.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic