FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

homemade auto mod-A-5-update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 12:48pm
Well, mad, the point wouldn't be to spray and pray. Even on fully automatic machineguns, bursts of 3-5 rounds are generally used. The same applies to automatic fire from something rifle or carbine sized- such as a paintball marker. And as I mentioned, getting this automatic thing to work would require dropping it to below 30 BPS at least- 25 or 20 would be mroe reasonable. 20 is about twice as fast as an M16 firing on full automatic, which is fast enough as is. In a paintball marker though, with easily controlled recoil on automatic, it could still be practical for CQB use. But again, the key is reducing the cyclic rate to about 20bps... And doing that mechanically would be a real paint in the ass.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 1:37pm

This has been done many, many times before and has been posted many times before and it is still a bad idea. You can't control the rate of fire and will blend paint no matter what. Buy an RT or E-Grip if you want faster rates of fire.

crazy_dave View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Mad Psience Mad Psience wrote:

who needs to shoot 60bps
anyways.. it's senseless. Your hopper is gone in under 3
seconds...

you would need a 2000 round hopper for this to be even
worthwhile. even then I doubt you can do this without
shootdown.

LOVE TAPS!
Real guns have gills.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 4:02pm
i have an idea.

Edited by crazy_dave
Real guns have gills.
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Well, mad, the point wouldn't be to spray and pray. Even on fully automatic machineguns, bursts of 3-5 rounds are generally used. The same applies to automatic fire from something rifle or carbine sized- such as a paintball marker. And as I mentioned, getting this automatic thing to work would require dropping it to below 30 BPS at least- 25 or 20 would be mroe reasonable. 20 is about twice as fast as an M16 firing on full automatic, which is fast enough as is. In a paintball marker though, with easily controlled recoil on automatic, it could still be practical for CQB use. But again, the key is reducing the cyclic rate to about 20bps... And doing that mechanically would be a real paint in the ass.

thanks man...thats exactly what id use it for...

i figured another use for it....dont throw any paint in, but fire a one heck of a monkey-bustin burst as a bit of a pregame show...gives them a reason to think twice before cheap shoting me

we're rural rec ballers up here-the only chance for autos we have are a ZAP (hey, it works, and bruce is dang good with it), four guys shooting at once, or low CO2 tanks haha...and i just figured it sounds cool and is fun to try, even if it doesnt work much

Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 9:49pm

Originally posted by Mad Psience Mad Psience wrote:

it's cool you discovered that but I think just getting an e-grip is more sound than using something as weak as a tooth pick. Maybe Replicate that toothpick part with steel or plastic and find a way to limit ROF better.

yeah, i thought about that, but i figured in case of a problem, the toothpick would give/break before the metal internals would, hopefully preventing damage 

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2005 at 11:31pm
LOL, true, it would work for scaring newbies...

I actually came up with an idea a while ago that, with a bit of milling and drilling, would let you make a Tippy truly select fire- basically, rather than jamming the sear from inside, you'd apply pressure to it from behind. This could be attached to a fire selector of some kind. It would be fun to do that just for the intimidation value- come up behind some kid, flip the marker upside down so it doesn't feed, fire an automatic air-burst right behind him and call for a surrender- no way he'll say no after hearing that.

I still wish there was a viable way to slow the thing down... Maybe on a low pressure system it would be doable?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 12:52pm
hmm...the low pressure idea is interesting

by the way, im done posting about fireworks, explosive
propelents, or any other dangerous stuff, i understand it isnt an
acceptable topic for this forum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Klaus Klaus wrote:

hmm...the low pressure idea is interesting

by the way, im done posting about fireworks, explosive
propelents, or any other dangerous stuff, i understand it isnt an
acceptable topic for this forum

YES IT IS!
Real guns have gills.
Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:21pm
um...why is crazy_dave posting so much?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic