FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things need to change around here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
SebastianBlack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master & Commander of the T*W*A*T

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things need to change around here
    Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:47pm
This is getting on the pathetic side.
I left the forum for almost a year. I'd post occasionally, but due to responsibilities elsewhere, I couldnt.
One of the first places I came to when I got online services again was here. I've not really opened my eyes to it, but in the last 24 I've realised something.
This forum has completely degraded, to a sickening point. Everyone worthwhile has either left, or barely comes on anymore. Look at the poster join dates. Most of the people that frequent the forum havent been here more then a year. Why, because of the childish fights that have happened, because every newcomer is flamed upon getting here. Noone helps like they used to. When someone posted a question it was answered almost immediately, usually with a rather intelligent response, more times then not multiples.
Mother(yeah thats what older people called it)used to be a valuable source of information and a place friends would set up games. In the last year I know atleast three teams that have taken their business elsewhere.
TPA crew used to post here regularly, so did the NJ Outlaw crew, and so did OMHW.
Where did they go? Why did they leave?
Why did OMHW and NJoutlaws stop trying to find forumers to play with from here?
Take a guess. Look at the posts you make, Read them before you hit the post key. I fully expect to be flamed for typing this. I'm not going to make some response about the age of the flamer, or how immature they are. I'm just another older forumer who is on the verge of saying screw it and leaving for good. Its just not worth the aggrevation of dealing with crap on a daily basis, watching people I consider friends claim that this forum sickens them. I dont like seeing the forum I've watched through god knows how many incarnations survive, and thrive, die out in the matter of months because people just dont have the common sense to hold their damn tongues.

....A forumer proud member of tippmann forums.
FFKFASOFAA
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
kann man uns am Himmel sehn
wir haben Angst und sind allein

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:53pm
I mostly agree, but I'm not ready to give up the ghost quite yet.

SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:57pm
I never really thought about it till now... but I guess you sort of don't notice it as much when you watch it gradually and slightly... But when I think back.. yeah I guess it has changed in the ways you've mentioned.
Tenacious and Versatile
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:57pm
     I totally agree with you.  Granted I do fall into the category of being here less than a year, but I try to conduct myself here in a decent and respectable manner.  I do recollect on the days when I first joined and everyone helped out with any questions I had.  I wish it would be more like that again, and I try my best to return the forum to it's old days of glory.

Edited by Random_Person

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:58pm
Need more(numerous) mods to crack down. It's that simple. The semi recent increase in leniency of this place allowed many people to stay who I personally would have guested after their third post.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:59pm

Well to start with, we have one active mod now.

The forum used to have "bi-yearly regs" alot. People that would post alot and be kinda famous for about 6 months and then leave. That quit happening. People hardly last a week anymore. The chat dosent try and pull pranks anymore, because we dont know anybodys personalitys anymore, and there are no mods to watch go insane.

I dunno, but I agree, the forum has lost its "family" atmosphere.

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 7:59pm
I gave up a while ago, back when I was a good poster. I've just gotten so sick of the idiots that ive been an ass lately.. 
I need a new Sig...
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:00pm
Unfortunetly people (myself included) read these threads and be nce for maybe a week, then its over.

The thing is we cant just sit here and talk about being good, we gotta go out and do it.

Until the mods stop comming completley and all the golds and plats leave, I will stay here.  That brings up another point, we cant give up and leave.  I hate seeing old timers come back and whinning about the forum but not doing a thing about it (the ones that leave for years)

My 2 cents

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:00pm
Yeah, its about time someone starts adhering to the strike rule again and bans/guests people
This forum cant keep going down hill like this, or some mothers going to get offended, or some kids going to get offended, tippmanns gonna get one to many calls and poof, no more forum, once their free service becomes a hassle, its not worth their aggrevations.
FFKFASOFAA

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:05pm
Darur, I'll give you nothing but credit. You've not been around forever, but you've been around long enough to earn that star, and I dont think I've ever seen you rip into anyone.
I honestly hope people learn to start being nice again. I consider alot of the people on here my friends, I'd really hate to see this place slip away.
I'm going to start trying to do stuff about it.
If people consider me a rat because I'm going to make sure everything wrong I see gets reported, well too bad.
I'm gonna bother fighting for the forum. If some people who cant do anything but flame hate me for it, to friggin bad.
If enos cant come on, I'll track down the other mods and get them to come on and do something.
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Unfortunetly people (myself included) read these threads and be nce for maybe a week, then its over.

The thing is we cant just sit here and talk about being good, we gotta go out and do it.

Until the mods stop comming completley and all the golds and plats
leave, I will stay here. That brings up another point, we cant
give up and leave. I hate seeing old timers come back and
whinning about the forum but not doing a thing about it.

My 2 cents

FFKFASOFAA

BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:10pm
Well i dont like saying it but it aint just the forums its the sport itself.

More and more 12 year olds are getting into it with the expected mentality of a person that age while the old timers a slowly retireing from the sport for lack of intrest due to chang.

I myself am leaving the sport for a while (hopefully one year but maybe more) as i simply can no longer afford it due to other intrests takeing over.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:11pm
I completely agree with you. I too have given up though as there is no mods and anything I say will just be overlooked by who I am saying it to.

It definitely has lost the "family" atmosphere. Who are these fools on here anyway. Some keep it going others don't.

EDIT: I always liked it when OMHW was here. Good answers to questions, good tactics, good fun. Now the only person I see is Oldsoldier and all he ever does is make Political posts.

Edited by jmac3
Que pasa?

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:12pm

Im not so sure its the whole niceness thing Seb.

People, from as far as I can remember back on good old blue, have always been jerks on here. Thats just the way things go. But, they were jerks we KNEW, jerks we understood there personality, Jerks that were funny.

Its not so much that we need 'strike rules'. We need forumers with some personality and character that stick around, and have fun with themsleves here.

Its called heart, and our forum lost it.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:13pm

Yeah I totally agree with you here.  Its pathetic to see people sit here and complain about it and hope the forum will magically return back to normal.

Lately I have been trying to help out more around New Players, Upgrades, and Maintanence parts of the Forums. 

I also agree with the strike rules.  We need to bring these back. 

Also we need to do something about the Mod status.  Lately I have only seen one really active one and that is Reb.  Now I am not sure about the social lifes of the others or anything so I cant complain about them not being here, but we need to find some more if they cant come here more often.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:18pm
Well, simply put, I'm going to start posting the batsignal again, and pointing out every time someone decided to use edited language and flame others.
If that doesnt work, I'll PM the mods with links.
When enos and reb pop on and see 40 pms each, then maybe someone will start strikes, guesting, and enforcing rules again. If all works well maybe some people will learn to fix their attitudes and ways they act. Maybe people will get the idea that completely trashing the forum and trashing the people on it wont fly.
FFKFASOFAA

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:19pm
Bearclaw does have a point. I have only been playing for the last 4-5 years and I have noticed an increase in the number of younger kids playing. Maybe it is because the people have been playing for years and years got older and brought there kids into the game, who knows? Maybe it is because it is becoming more mainstream and more kids start without the help of older players.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:20pm

"Well, simply put, I'm going to start posting the batsignal again, and pointing out every time someone decided to use edited language and flame others.
When enos and reb pop on and see 40 pms each,"

I like this idea.  Its time to see some change around here.  I am also in on this idea also.

Edited by pntbl freak
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by SebastianBlack SebastianBlack wrote:

Well, simply put, I'm going to start posting the batsignal again, and pointing out every time someone decided to use edited language and flame others.
When enos and reb pop on and see 40 pms each, then maybe someone will start strikes, guesting, and enforcing rules again. If all works well maybe some people will learn to fix their attitudes and ways they act. Maybe people will get the idea that completely trashing the forum and trashing the people on it wont fly.

Go for it. I'll act on this as well. I'm on here quite a bit during the day, and I'll keep an eye out for things that need reporting. I've always tried just making suggestions for changes directly to a person, but in some cases more is needed.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Bearclaw does have a point. I have only been playing for the last 4-5 years and I have noticed an increase in the number of younger kids playing. Maybe it is because the people have been playing for years and years got older and brought there kids into the game, who knows? Maybe it is because it is becoming more mainstream and more kids start without the help of older players.

So what if they are younger, we still shouldnt flame them or allow them to flame others. If the attitude of this place changes, maybe their attitude will also change.

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:22pm

Wow, I just thought about the times I post on here and I must say, I've said some pretty mean things to people. I can remmeber one time where I went against the grain of the posts preceding(sp) mine but I can remember more times I've joined right in with the sensless flaming. thanks seb.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic