FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things need to change around here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 1:42am

Originally posted by Slimz.357 Slimz.357 wrote:

Enos: Everyone here has nothing but respect for you. Without you this place would have disolved into complete anarchy by now. I hope you would never feel like your not appreciated.

Amen.  I know it can be frustrating to ahve to keep up with everything, and if the star system is indeed broken and they won't give up IP banning options, and won't update then the options are limited. 

But there are still things we can do to make it better.  We just have to take the forum back!

Take the Power back! It's time to Take this forum Back from the 1337 flamers, immature idiots and know-it-alls.

Founding Member: A-5 Owners Group and Special Forces Unit SAW Support Gunner
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Slimz.357 Slimz.357 wrote:

Enos: Everyone here has nothing but
respect for you. Without you this place would have
disolved into complete anarchy by now. I hope you
would never feel like your not appreciated.

I agree, enos, you are greatly appreciated, and we
know you have your own life. We don't take you for
granted, you are more of a blessing to the remains
of the forum.

Although, it's nice to see some modwork from Reb
happening
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 2:03am
Although we have seen Enos a lot more, I really dont think the other mods are being reccognized for their hard work over the past few weeks, especially Reb who basically was left the ball for the past weeks with help from some of the older mods here and there.

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 2:08pm
bump this thread
Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:23pm
bump gotta keep this on the first page so more people read it it really should be stickied
signature
SebastianBlack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master & Commander of the T*W*A*T

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:21pm
bump
FFKFASOFAA
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
kann man uns am Himmel sehn
wir haben Angst und sind allein

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:36pm
bumper cars are fun!

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 8:19pm
bump
Cause-its-hot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cause-its-hot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 8:22pm
Yeah...I put out a thread in the new player forum(scence I know some people dont look in here yet as much as they look around and read in there..) but as you all might expect ppl just let it go right by so I aint going to let this one fail...
Tippmann forum for life!!
"TILL BAN DO US PART"
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by Cause-its-hot Cause-its-hot wrote:

Yeah...I put out a thread in the new player forum(scence I know some people dont look in here yet as much as they look around and read in there..) but as you all might expect ppl just let it go right by so I aint going to let this one fail...

I bumped it for you.

PaintBrawlerKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBrawlerKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 8:57pm
Well thats exactly why I don't really come here any more...
PaintBrawlerKid
Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 2:34am
So do something about it!  Take your forum back!
Take the Power back! It's time to Take this forum Back from the 1337 flamers, immature idiots and know-it-alls.

Founding Member: A-5 Owners Group and Special Forces Unit SAW Support Gunner
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 7:04am

Originally posted by PaintBrawlerKid PaintBrawlerKid wrote:

Well thats exactly why I don't really come here any more...

Yeah do something about it then!  Things can change with some effort.

VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 10:35am

Ya i agree with everyone here, our forum is going down hill. But its mainly becasue we don't care, all we care about is ourselves, but if we would try to not flame people, and try not to break the rules, and try to help other people then the foum could get better. But every day there is a rule broken and there is flamming going on. And again, it becasue no body cares. Its a lack of dicipline, that we have. Now i'm not saying that everyone wants the forum to go down hill and saying that everyone is terrible, i'm saying that you don't feel like changing that post you made that flammed someone, or not trying to make your posts clean.

I also think another reason for this forums problems, is the attiude forumers have. Some poeple on this forum, think its like a social event here and they get all offensive about someone being mean to them or something like that. And i'm not perfect eather, i've got all worked up about someone that said something to me on the forum. But I try to remember that this Tippmann forum is for paintball, it is made for paintballers, it is made for the discussion of paintball. Not this "Who is the sexist forumer." Imo i thought that was stupid, i know this is T&O but you guys take it to the extreme sometimes, You talk about Dumping girlfriends or i ate five waffles today. Some things on this get pretty stupid.

Now i'm not saying that T&O is meant only for paintball, i'm saying its built for intellegent coversations or questions on certain things. Or discussion on the world news, ect. People have turned it into a emotional kind of popularaity social place, and people have forgot about the true meaning of this forum and why tippmann made it.

And like i said above, people are treating each other worse and worse. If a new person to the forum posts something in the wrong forum, just tell them nicely that they did put it in the wrong forum and next time put it in the right one. You don't have to flame the person and yell at them and Bat signal the post. Thats mean and using Bat signal is just bothering the mods for sensless things. We all have to think before we post.

But we all have to work together to make this forum work. You have to work on being nice and things like that. You can't just try for a week and give up. And if you think its not going to work and this forum is going to stay at the low point that it is, then Leave! Becasue  the forum doesn't need negative people on it.

Another thing that can be done is, Tippmann fixing up the forum, Like making it smaller, taking out "Tech problems" and the other ones like that. "New Player" forum can be in its place, and anyway i see more tech ?s in New Player Forum than the tech one. But most of the changes have to be done by us, Forumers.

And if we all try, and work on this then i think there could be a change. And if people act more intellegent and focus more of their posting on helping people and answering their ?s then i think this forum could get a lot better, like it was a 2 years ago.

Nrtheastah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrtheastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 11:20am

OK, great subject!  I have a few suggestions if I may be so bold?

(takes deep breath and steps onto soapbox)

For those of you who feel that the forum has “lost its heart”, well you are right and wrong at the same time.  The forum hasn’t changed, the attitudes have. You are right in that there seems to be an excess of negative posts, trolling, etc.  You are wrong in that the heart hasn’t been lost, it has been lost track of.  Let me give you some examples:

Searching

OK, we all know that users should search before they post a question.  Keep in mind that the forum is not the same group of individuals, rather it is a dynamically changing group – meaning new members come in and drop out all the time.  Yes, there remains a core group, but the majority of the individuals here are not here for that long. 

Having said that, if someone asks a question that you may have seen before, don’t answer with “search the stickies, noob”.  It may be easy to become frustrated but remember if someone wants to ask a question about a hopper for the 98C and tries searching “hopper 98C”, watch what comes up.  They get an extreme multitude of responses, which they may have to spend hours going through before they get anything of actual use, if at all.

My suggestion?  Be nice!  Simply stated, if you want this forum to be a great place where ideas and thoughts are exchanged without bashing and flaming, then you have to take the responsibility yourselves.  If you have the answer, then provide it WITH the suggestion that they search based on parameters provided by you.  Something along the lines of ”here’s the answer, which I found in “XXX” thread by searching for X”.  This way, the user gets the information and then has a better understanding of why it may be better to search first.  I’ve seen so many postings where some of the regulars will ay something along the lines of ”I get so sick of replying to these things”.  Well, the fact is that you don’t have to reply.  If you do, take the post and help the user out.   

Trolling

You’ve all seen it and hate it.  Want to know how to stop it?  Simple, don’t take the bait.  Let the thread die on it’s own.  What is trolling you ask?  That’s when you put bait out, hoping that your target will bite at it.  If you respond, even to bash the author, then you have accomplished what the poster had in mind.  As aggravated as you might be, DON’T RESPOND.  Sometimes doing nothing is the right thing to do, it it’s the right kind of nothing.  The authors of these kinds of things hope to elicit a response, any response.  If you take that away from them, then they will have failed.

Complaining – i.e. the B@T Signal

If you truly have a complaint, then report it to the mods with a link.  What I can’t understand is that when some trolling occurs or someone replies with some sort of cretinous remark, then several people take it upon themselves to send the signal, even multiple times within the same thread.  If someone has already done it, then leave it alone.  If the thread is simple trolling- leave it alone.  If you legitimately have something to say on the subject, then by all means post the reply.  If there have been 15 replies stating that the thread is useless and pointless and you happen to agree, then don’t bother posting, it has already been said and done.  Your post will add nothing.  However, NOT posting will help this thread disappear into obscurity.

More mods?

Maybe.  But, if you want this forum to be “like it used to be”, then you have to make it so. The mods cannot do this, BUT YOU CAN!  As Enos has mentioned, there are limitations to their power, but the real power does not lie with them, it lies with everyone else here.   Answer questions, don’t respond to obvious trolling, keep the flaming to a minimum, remember that you may be more versed in searching, etc.

The bottom line is that you don’t have to “take the forum back”, it’s already yours.  You just have to make the effort to mold it into what you want it to be like.  Easier said than done I know, but if it’s what you want, you’ll find the way.

(sighs deeply, steps off of soapbox, strolls off into the crowd)

POGUE182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POGUE182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 11:28am
They all, I THINK, went to pbnation or pbreview because either they got a better gun (Not saying TIPPMANN isnt a good gun).
Omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 11:29am
Originally posted by POGUE182 POGUE182 wrote:

They all, I THINK, went to pbnation or pbreview because either they got a better gun (Not saying TIPPMANN isnt a good gun).

The tippmann forum isn't really about tippmann guns. It's a forum to help anyone who has a problem with any paintball gun.
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by Omar Omar wrote:

Originally posted by POGUE182 POGUE182 wrote:

The tippmann forum isn't really about tippmann guns. It's a forum to help anyone who has a problem with any paintball gun.

exactly

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 2:44pm
I used to come here every day. Things were great , it was like family. Then things started going downhill. I since then took a #3 position on another forum that isn't run by rebel members and stopped coming here because of the complete lack of respect and attitude towards new members. However I will now try to visit here more as you can consider me one more member who won't flame new members or act like an immature fool.

Benny go home!
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 3:09pm

Apparantly things have canged a bit. I got slapped for that MAD Props thread. I'm kinda upset about the strike but at least its a step in the right direction. Those kind of threads dont belong on here so the strike is on me.

Soon, who knows, people on here might actually be... nice.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic