FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things need to change around here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:00pm

That thread it being taken care of.

As for the rest of it, I'm one guy who doesn't even have the time to be here that I used to. Freshman year of college, I had all the time in the world. Now, 3 years later, the time constraints suck.

With the rest of the mods taking a hike, or swinging back irregularly, I'm doing what I can to keep the place from degenerating further.

I wish that there was some way that we could promote more moderators, that we could get some of the old guys back...anything. Its driving me nuts. the swarm of stupidity is never ending, and despite the good intentions of members such as those that posted in here, it never seems to end.

send me the problems you find, either through PM or IM, (the screen name isn't too much of a mystery) and I'll do what I can to clean up.

don't lose hope for this place fellas, theres still enough of you good members to keep it afloat until something changes. I thank you all for the patience you've exhibited.

SebastianBlack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master & Commander of the T*W*A*T

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:03pm
Well Senn, all we can do is point them in the right direction and start providing links.
And start using the batsignal again, It may seem kinda rotten at first, but this is our forum. We should treat it, and the people in it with respect. Those guys from A5-OG, I honestly feel bad how things went in their thread. A year ago, or two, there would have been have been a thread stuck somewhere or another and it would have been cleaned out of irrelevant posts by krl
FFKFASOFAA
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
kann man uns am Himmel sehn
wir haben Angst und sind allein

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:04pm
I suggested it to Seb via PM, I'll do it here publicly. I'm sure you have a way of emailing the other (inactive) mods or something. Ask them to loan out their accounts to some trusted members of the forum. Or just go dictator style and force their passwords. We NEED more moderators, and we need them badly.

Just my 2.5¢
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:06pm
Well reb, Hway asked me if I was interested in it last year. This year I offered and I never heard back from him on it. I know he doesnt have much time, but with the star system as is, can people even be given mods anyway?
FFKFASOFAA

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:07pm

Why dont we recruit a few new mods??? two semi-active mods is not near enough.

-me

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:17pm

On the front page of the forums scroll all the way down where it shows who's on it also shows the newest member. We can PM him/her and pretty much hit them with all the rules because obviously they don't read the stickies anymore.

We should all try and answer at least one question in New Players too. I do every so often.

Edited by Bango
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:27pm
We have had lots of trolls lately who are creating multiple usernames just for the attention and to act like 2nd graders. I dont think that helps.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:52pm
can you guys try and keep this near the top. More people should be allowed a chance to see it and respond to it tomorrow.
FFKFASOFAA

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:08pm
Well, I've been here for about 4 years now. This forum has it's ups and downs all the time. You've just gotta take it as it comes. It always get's better but it will always get worse after that.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
impulse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 3- prejiduce/hate thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:13pm
*raises hand* Im still here.
6,600 posts. I need a lifE
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:28pm
Meh, I'll add something. I'm sort of tired of the sigs with questionable content in them, I can barely even open a thread when my mom is in the room. Other than that I think something that really needs to be done is some of the regulars (gold, plat, or not) need to start sort of heading off the rude behavior in the new players forum so they dont think its ok by the time they start coming into T&O

EDIT: I forgot to say that ILP is one of the people that almost always has a sig with a nearly naked woman in it, back in KRL's day that sig wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds. I one time used the word mofo and about 2 minutes later I had already been <KRL'd> and pm'd.

Edited by rave5910

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:36pm
Okay... things like the 'your opinion on same-sex marriage' thread. There are now two users spamming it up with retardedness. They might even be the same person.

What we need is for people here to grow up. Short of that, guesting and IP bans work well.. except that as of late, they don't.

Don't you have to be over 13 to visit this forum? Is there a way to enforce that?
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Okay... things like the 'your opinion on same-sex marriage' thread. There are now two users spamming it up with retardedness. They might even be the same person.

What we need is for people here to grow up. Short of that, guesting and IP bans work well.. except that as of late, they don't.

Don't you have to be over 13 to visit this forum? Is there a way to enforce that?

That thread is becoming a little bit of a mess, but it is managing to hold on. I said what I had to say in there, though I'm still reading along until I have something new to add, and Admiral, you're holding your own well. I respect your opinions even if we do not agree.

As for keeping out people who are under 13, I don't see how we could. Anybody can lie about their age on the agreement when you sign up.

Maybe the requirement should be that you ACT (edit: at least) thirteen, and violators will be expelled.

Edited by reifidom

Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Im not so sure its the whole niceness thing Seb.

People, from as far as I can remember back on good old blue, have always been jerks on here. Thats just the way things go. But, they were jerks we KNEW, jerks we understood there personality, Jerks that were funny.

Its not so much that we need 'strike rules'. We need forumers with some personality and character that stick around, and have fun with themsleves here.

Its called heart, and our forum lost it.

This isn't exactly true, and in the cases where it was true, the Mods hammered people.

I was here for a breif time under old blue back when I first got online with paintball...  The Majority of the active members had something Constructive and Creative to say. 

That's not the case anymore.  Sabastian is right.  There is a reason most of the old school members have left.  It's just not the same forum anymore.  It's been overrun with PBNation flamers and Know-it-all kids to whom I could honestly say "I was pulling flags when you were sucking on a bottle, boy" to...

The simple truth is that no matter WHO is promoted to Moderator or who administrates the forum, so long as the inmates run teh asylum, then there will continue to be a downward spiral.

I left here when I first became A5OG administrator not because I hated this forum, but because administering a forum living my life took up most of my time.  Now I can honestly say that everytime I come back I lose a bit of respect for the forum and it's members.  People can't post a picture of thier markers without being flamed.  Someone comes here to ask a question and they get flamed.

There is an unwritten rule at the A5OG forum (when the server isn't dead) that if you're going to be critical, then you better provide an explanation.  If you're going to say "That marker is Ugly" you better contribute to the discussion, explain why it is ugly to you.  There is another rule that sates you have to respect the opinions of every other member of the forum.  Debate all you want, but you do so in a respectable fashion or you're gone.

The ONLY way to take this forum back is to start hammering people like Pepprdog and Sandman used to do.  Bans, demotions, IP bans, reporting IP addresses...  If the members feel they can do wahtever they want, then they will do whatever they want.

It's not the place of this old school platinum member to tell anyone how to run their forums...  But you don't really have to ask WHY the quality people are leaving or have already left.  You already know the answer.

Take the Power back! It's time to Take this forum Back from the 1337 flamers, immature idiots and know-it-alls.

Founding Member: A-5 Owners Group and Special Forces Unit SAW Support Gunner
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 12:55am
I think since mods have the ability to change passwords, they should change the passwords of some old mods that never come and give those accounts to very trust worthy people such as Youmont.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:03am
Umm, how about no.

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:10am
Jason-20th of November
Pepperdog-15 July 2004
_TT_-03 August 2004
Elvis Elvis-26 September 2004
Krl15-10 November 2004

I'm sure if their mod passwords were given to very trustworthy people, they wouldnt be missed.
Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:26am

That's exactly the WRONG approach.

Pepperdog, _TT_, Evil Elvis and KRL are what's missing here.  There is no dedication, no direction and no consequences.  We NEED those guys back.

If they won't come back then we need people who are going to take a stand and bust some butts.  It's not a popularity contest.  Mods and Admins should be hated by the bad members of any forum.  You're not a good mod or admin until people have disagreed with your actions and protested them.

Pepperdog would take any <KRL> offa any forum member and if they pressed thier luck they got a letter from thier ISPs informing them of thier need to find a new way to access the internet.

KRL would personally delete HALF the posts on this forum today.

We don't need popular people to run the show, we need some Hard-Arses to come in here and BEAT everyone into submission...

No offence to Youmont intended...  I just don't know if he's the kind of guy who can kick arses and take names as far as getting this forum back in line goes.

Take the Power back! It's time to Take this forum Back from the 1337 flamers, immature idiots and know-it-alls.

Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:29am
I didnt read all the post, but did the first page.

Okay here is my take on it. There is only one problem with this site. There needs to actually be modderators on here. I know it takes alot of time, but there has to be a good moderator group to run the show. Other paintball sites I am on are not like this with all the flamming (except PBnation). I havent been on there long, and I am usually only in the Scenario section, so they are not that bad.

The only way to bring this site up to a decent standard, is to have a good mod staff. Everybody will not be nice. Some people are just butt heads. But a good moderator team can handle that.

Anyway, flamming is the reason I didnt come here but on a rare occasion. But I have found a lot of usefull info here. They're are good people here. We jsut need some mods to help tone down the ones that want to make a neggative contribution instead of a positve one.
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:31am

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Its called heart, and our forum lost it.

I jsut wanted to go back and bring this back to the top.  It's EXACTLY the problem.  No one running the show really cares anymore and that means that the Quality members don't really care anymore.

You have to give a Rat's arse about the forum and EVERY member needs to take a stand.  SUre, Sebation and I and Hwayhzrd can stand up and proclaim WAR, but without the support of the members of the forum that WANT something better, we're just shooting into the air... 

This forum needs it's heart back...  That means the membership has to care.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic