FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things need to change around here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Bearclaw does have a point. I have only been playing for the last 4-5 years and I have noticed an increase in the number of younger kids playing. Maybe it is because the people have been playing for years and years got older and brought there kids into the game, who knows? Maybe it is because it is becoming more mainstream and more kids start without the help of older players.

So what if they are younger, we still shouldnt flame them or allow them to flame others. If the attitude of this place changes, maybe their attitude will also change.

Is that what I said? I said that is probably why the maturity level is going downhill. I agree with everything said here, I am just stating a reason.
Que pasa?

SebastianBlack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master & Commander of the T*W*A*T

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:28pm
Well, if you guys wanna help change things, we should, all the older people that care about the forum should all chip in, It wouldnt take that much. In all honesty, if we work together we should win out.
FFKFASOFAA
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
kann man uns am Himmel sehn
wir haben Angst und sind allein

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:28pm
I unfortunately stopped helping in the New Players, Upgrading, and Repairs threads because all the questions that come up these days, I no longer have the answers for. If it is an A-5 question with Co2 then I try and answer them. All other markers and air system, I have no clue.

I agree most, but not all, personalities are gone only to be replaced with angry with self teen flamer attitude.

I agree pranks are hard to do these days. Even when they are attempted most are no longer well recieved.

I only hope that my posts contribute and not help to tear down.

Edited by Hades

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I unfortunately stopped helping in the New Players, Upgrading, and Repairs threads because all the questions that come up these days, I no longer have the answers for. If it is an A-5 question with Co2 then I try and answer them. All other markers and air system, I have no clue.

This is why I don't really help anymore.
Que pasa?

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:34pm
I also think all the "worst forumer threads" are dumb because it encourages some people to wish to acheive that status.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:38pm

This just came to me.  To some the stars are stupid, but to me, when I was younger, I wanted more stars and did not want to loose them so I didnt flame anyone and made good quality posts to get that second star.  Now with that star system down, most people dont care about helping others.

...Still a proud member of the Tippmann Forum

BLand View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:41pm
When I first joined this place I thought thought it was great, there were hilarious people and helpful people. But seriously, do not think someone would get flamed for posting "why is my gun shooting full auto and then not shooting at all?" I posted this question my first day, the reason I joined. Nowadays if a guy asks this, people respond with "LOLOL you idiot! you stupid **edited**!! your a **edited**ing noob!"

It was a forum where if my parents saw me on it, they wouldn't get mad at me, because it was a constantly monitored site for bad words and stuff. I remember I stopped coming for aobut 4 months and when I cam back so many new people had joined. So many things changed.  It was weird, because I saw "bastard", and I was just like...why isn't his post edited? And people were talking aobut KRL being gone? And Enos had been made a mod?

I started to stay after that and realized the forum had changed. I didn't really care but then I started seeing that half of the people posting had joined in late 04.

But you're right, there are only 2 or 3 mods that monitor this place and they don't even do it on a regular basis. I wish this place was back to it's old self and didn't allow cussing. I know I swear on here someitmes but everytime I do, it doesn't feel like "The Tippmann Forum"

EDIT
And I remember when people would make a topic about how they got a star. Just "I got promoted!" and everyone would be like "Congrats!"

Edited by BLand
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:54pm
Well, we should start reporting posts, and telling people when they are doing wrong. Make them look assinine enough times and they'll quit it.
FFKFASOFAA

Sumo_Monkey22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’m too sexy for my teeth ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumo_Monkey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:54pm
I know not everyone liked his methods but i miss KRL, He was a great mod. He would spend countless hours editing threads and would post 5 page answer to your questions with step to step deriections without leaving anything out. He kept the forum clean and fun. We just need someone to step up and not just say lets change but accually do it. I'm sure others will follow. One things is we need to star system back. Everyone said it means nothing but im sure most of then can remember the exact thread they posted in when they realized it. It gives people something to look forward to when being good.

I'm all in for the "clean-up patrol"..
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:55pm
Yeah me too, KRL was a great Mod. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:02pm
Yeah, clean up patrol would nice, I honestly think we should start one.
Find bad material, Post batsignal as well as quote the text.
FFKFASOFAA

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by SebastianBlack SebastianBlack wrote:

Yeah, clean up patrol would nice, I honestly think we should start one.
Find bad material, Post batsignal as well as quote the text.

Don't forget to <KRL> the bad stuff!
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:13pm
You never realize how muhc you need something till its gone. I didn't like KRL because of his strict language rules, but I would give up that to have him or someone like him back.

If the star system was working, things would be slighly better, we NEED more mods. jason said he would fix the star system in January. I guess that didn't happen.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by SebastianBlack SebastianBlack wrote:

Most of the people that frequent the forum havent been here more then a year.

I've been here more than  a year
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:16pm
I do regret him leaving. Strict rules aside, I never ran into a problem with him, but I try and follow the rules. Its not to hard to watch your language enough to stay within the filters.
FFKFASOFAA

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:18pm
Yea I never once got a strike, warning, etc when we had the strict rules. Since those dropped, I've had 1 near strike, and 1 strike.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

Yea I never once got a strike, warning, etc when we had the strict rules. Since those dropped, I've had 1 near strike, and 1 strike.

I've never been near a strike. As far as I know at least.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:21pm
I do what I can.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:21pm
I never disliked Krl. In fact it think he is the one the promoted me to gold.

This thread has got to go. This crosses even my toe strummed line.

Edited by Hades

AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:58pm
I seem to recall a few people that posted in all the 'zomg teh krl esh bad' who predicted that within a year we'd want him back.

I also have almost entirely stopped posting anywhere but Regs and T&O. When I go into the traditional 'go here to help out' forums, I want to punch some of the idiots in there. Honestly, we need a way to regulate those places. I remember when we made jokes about barrel threads, then they kind of disappeared for a while, then they came back. People are also posting paintball stuff in T&O that really should be somewhere else...

I still think there should be a constant reminder about old topics. Say you want to post a new topic in Ideas, New Players, etc. When you post it, it takes you to a window that reads something like:

IMPORTANT!

Please check here <links to Uber FAQ, etc> before posting. These threads contain the most commonly asked questions, and chances are your question is answered in one of them. If you are posting a topic that has been covered in these topics as 'beaten to death', you will have your post deleted. Second offenses start strikes.

Something like that. Then actually enforce it. Of course there's a lot to be added to that, and it needs to be written in a clear enough way that the younger kids don't get bored and skip through it, but this would remove a huge chunk of stupid from the forums, if it were carried out. Something also attached to the new membership signup page, where you acknowledge that we have rules and that you should follow the rules or you lose your account, etc.

This would hopefully raise the general IQ level of the posts on the forum, and might entice some older members and (even better) mods back, so they can focus on taking care of useless crap like the 'props' thread.

Anyone know how hard that would be, or might be interested in doing it? I'm tired of reminding new people that 99% of the topics have been done before and that they should use the right forums. We need to enforce guidelines for reasonable content.

I don't think I'll ever leave this forum, but it seriously needs to improve before we start getting massive 'I'm leaving' waves again. I miss when our biggest problems were who was running for Forum Dictator, or why somebody got guested and hey! I made a mistake, here's your account back.

What's the status on getting the software fixed? What is Jason doing? Unless he was the Jason who answered my phone call today (sales department), he must be in a coma or something.

Seb, you're right. This forum is going downhill, and the longer it takes to get functional the harder it will be to fix it up.

If it gets much worse, we're going to have waves of 'I'm leaving' threads like we've never seen before.

Edited by AdmiralSenn
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic