Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Opinion on Same Sex Marriages?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by duckncover21 duckncover21 wrote:

All you have to say is do they have the ability to make a child. No they dont. Disregarding religion this reason alone should tell them that they shouldnt be together! If you cant reproduce together and you're not A-sexual then you arent supposed to be screwing each other!

Not all men and not all women can have children. Nor do some heterosexual couples want to have children. What does having children naturally have to do with marriage. Many unwed couples have children.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:35pm
So should it be a law for married couples that they must have children if they are to marry? No. Should couples that use condoms be jailed? No. Does it even remotely matter that a straight couple can have kids and a homosexual couple can't? No. Love is love, regardless of the gender. How about a brother and sister that can have a child, does it mean they can get married and a homosexual couple can't? No.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:36pm

Wow - poor guy.  I somehow think we were all waiting to pounce on the first poster...

:)

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:36pm
Haha, we all pounced at once.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:39pm
wow, I got all hot and botherd over my flame post... wew... i got nothing left in me to flame the next guy... 
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:53pm
All the arguments against homosexual topics coming up in the media, especially around kids, shows that the people making the arguments feel that homosexuality is a choice (fearing that children might be influenced) and not simply the way you are. I'd like to know the reasoning behind this because I think resolving that would clear up a lot of the misunderstandings and make people a lot more tolerant.

If homosexuality is a choice, then you or I can choose to come in to work/school/wherever tomorrow and decide to be homosexual. We could choose to find a nice looking man (depending on taste) attractive. We could choose for this person to arouse us with no thought of the opposite sex at all. We could feel an intimacy that we had previously only known for the opposite sex for this person. If this is the case, then we can reasonably expect a homosexual person to do the same and choose to care for and be attracted to the opposite sex.

Can you not make that choice? Is it really up to you what you find attractive and the person that you love. If not, if you can't make that choice and can't see yourself choosing another man, then how can you expect a homosexual person to make the same type of decision and change who they are attracted to.

Edited by reifidom

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:00pm
^ Good point.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:01pm

This thread is boring...

:/

P!NK panther View Drop Down
Strike 2 - vulgar material (2/2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P!NK panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:22pm

As long as they dont have kids. PERIOD!

(like adopt them)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:23pm
Because...?
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:27pm
My second post in this thread address that very thing. The only difference in that type of environment for a child growing up is the tolerance and open-mindedness that comes with being raised in an alternate setting. It was not long ago that mixed-race marriages were thought of in the same way, and look how far we've come there.

And what is the matter with homosexuals having children? Will the child catch it? Will the child be influenced into becoming that way? My last post has some questions on that subject.

DarkMachine5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkMachine5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:28pm
Pink you might want to know being around homosexual people wont make you homosexual. So it both your parents are homosexual means that you wont be unless you are born that way.

Edited by DarkMachine5

Clark Kent wrote:
Real men make fun of Muslims.
THE QWERTY
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:29pm
hahahaha, will the child "catch it"  lol sounds like a sickness or a dieseas... 
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

hahahaha, will the child "catch it"† lol sounds like a sickness or a dieseas...†

Well, it is about the soundest argument I've gotten to why this shouldn't be allowed. I can easily throw out the whole "sanctity of marriage" argument when straight couples have a divorce rate of over 50% anyway. And even if your sanctity argument holds in your mind then just don't include same-sex marriage in your religion and leave them be.

I find it awful that same-sex couples can't have the same protections afforded the straight community when it comes to marriage. I don't care what you call it (civil union, marriage, blah blah), they need some protection. A couple that is together for decades should recognize and protect that union, and allow the surviving partner to be provided for in the event of the other's death. How can there be such apathy to a situation like that simply because it is not the life you yourself lead?

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:50pm
I don't agree with homosexuality, but I say let them marry just for the sake of them shutting up.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:50pm

EDIT - following up on reifi

But even so - even if homosexuality were somehow contageous - so what?

1.  That's only an argument against homosexual children if you already accept that homosexuality is "bad" to begin with.  If I don't think homosexuality is bad, why do I care if it spreads?

2.  Ignorance IS contageous, but dumb people can still breed - why treat homos differently?

3.  Most of all, homosexuals CAN have children - it's not like they are all sterile or anything...

Edited by Clark Kent
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:56pm
Excellent point on the assumption that homosexuality is bad.

phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:57pm
Everybody remember this thread.   It is the first and probably last time that I will take a more liberal view on an issue.

Same sex mairrages should be allowed. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but I don't think it is the government's place to base their judgement on any one religion. There is simly no legal basis for allowing straight couples to marry and not allowing homosexual couples to marry, it is simply equal rights.

That said, I am opposed to homosexual behavior, but that is not for this thread.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:59pm

^^^^^^   wow - well said.

*applauds*

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by phillll227 phillll227 wrote:

Everybody remember this thread.   It is the first and probably last time that I will take a more liberal view on an issue.

Same sex mairrages should be allowed. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but I don't think it is the government's place to base their judgement on any one religion. There is simly no legal basis for allowing straight couples to marry and not allowing homosexual couples to marry, it is simply equal rights.

That said, I am opposed to homosexual behavior, but that is not for this thread.

Exactly what my view is.

My grounds of belief are no reason to penalize anyone else.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic