Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On Tippmann barrels nonFlatline questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On Tippmann barrels nonFlatline questions
    Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:27am
Sorry to make another thread.... but after reading may searches and pages of posts, it got me thinking on the nonflatling Tippmann barrels

GTA 12" sniper barrel
Werks Barrel

Everyone says they arent good.... but never stated the reason, and most people just heard it from someone who said it sucks.

So really... why does it suck? (please if you didnt use it or someone you know use it please dont just say it sucks posts)

PS. Yes i searched on this topic im asking too... couldnt find it... either it was buried with people saying it sucks or i just plain out right missed it.

Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 10:05am

GTA barrels are comparable in quality and performance to the stock barrels. You can get a much better barrel for the same money. The way you are asking the questions leads me to believe you really want a GTA barrel. Go for it, It's your choice. 

Paint_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 10:57am
^^^^ like he said ur better off with your stock barrel or buying a better barrel for the same money. try dye, j&j, smart parts, or if your into kits, freak. if u want a "sniper" barrel from tippmann just get a flatline. just make sure u get a proshop to install it for u so its lined up right.

Edited by Paint_man
Tippmann for life

~98c
~16in Dye Boomstick
~Pen Spring Mod
~Remote Coil
~6 in 1 belt
~14oz and 20oz Tanks
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 4:14pm
 The reason why people say they suck is because they aren't that accurate.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:40pm
^ exactly, thats the only reason a barrel would suck, accuracy.<tippmanns barrels=bad
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:48pm
If you want a review go to pbreview.com
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Paint_man Paint_man wrote:

^^^^ like he said ur better off with your stock barrel or buying a better barrel for the same money. try dye, j&j, smart parts, or if your into kits, freak. if u want a "sniper" barrel from tippmann just get a flatline. just make sure u get a proshop to install it for u so its lined up right.
If you can't install the flatline you need to quit life.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 7:15pm
the reason GTA barrels arent so good are, interior quality (which may cause accuracy reducing friction and interior size which may not be consistant or fit most balls. but i heard if you polish the inside of the stock barrel, it can be as accurate as any barrel. its all about iterior quality.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

If you want a review go to pbreview.com
Eiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 3:19am
... the majorty from the pbreview site are positive.

-mainly 7-10 (with the lowest 1)
-alot of entries just dont like it for the looks :\
-in accurate compared to other barrels (not tested with polishing the inside like triggerhappy1 said
-some entries from the gta sniper says that it adds distance compared to a regular barrel (only reason why i can think is possible is that it has no porting)

-the werks has mainly possitive reviews.... (with the lowest 8)

i guess i can wait for someone that has one :P

Another question... is there any other barrels that has no porting?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic