FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5og ??????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:15am
Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

This whole thread has make me physically ill, and there are loads of peopl who should be ashamed of themselves (though I am sure it will never occur to them to actually BE ashamed).

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to leave this forum and never return. What stops me is that there are still a handful of people worth associating with, and they need all the backup they can get.
Hway, keep the faith.  You need to get you some quality moderators and start booting people.  Once everyone sees that they don't run the show anymore, then it eventually stops...  Someone needs to talk to the Tippmann people and tell them that More traffic doesn't mean "better forum."  Of course, you're always welcome to Moderate on the OG when we get it running again...
Take the Power back! It's time to Take this forum Back from the 1337 flamers, immature idiots and know-it-alls.

Founding Member: A-5 Owners Group and Special Forces Unit SAW Support Gunner
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:17am
I wonder if my account on A5OG still works? I signed up a few years back and have forgotten to log in since. I need to hang out there more often. I am sure I would be of more help and get more info specific to my markers.

I also wonder if Layman's forum is still up and running....

Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:37am
Try it out when we get the server switch complete.  If not, sign back up.  We accept anyone into our forum so long as the rules are followed.
Take the Power back! It's time to Take this forum Back from the 1337 flamers, immature idiots and know-it-alls.

pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Kreeper-X Kreeper-X wrote:

But the application of the rules of the forum should never change.  As soon as it becomes slacked, members take up a much slack as they can and reach for more.  I was one of the few people that spoke up for KRL when he was a Mod.  At one point I said that this forum needed more people like KRL when others were complaining about his constant mods of sigs, posts, etc.  Now he's gone and the inmates run the asylum.  And thus we are where we are today.

So now Sandman, Enos, Hway, Reb, and a few others are "Inmates"?

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:32am
[QUOTE=SebastianBlack] "If mother went down and I went over to A5OG, signed on with an acct I've had there since before I've even had this acct here, and posted a comment looking for people from here, I know I'd get a similar comment, if not worse one, then was made here. Its the nature of online forums lately, people acting xenophobic".....Zesty: this is where you are completely wrong! I have honestly never seen bahavior like you displayed on the A5OG, but attitudes like yours are an everyday thing here.

Zesty, you think I lack class?
Please explain that one. I didnt bash the guy, and I told him if perhaps he thinks he'd be better off posting at PBN maybe he should(He was the one that brought up the PBN comment)
I'm not telling him to leave, I'm simply saying that if he started, or responded to an insult with a flame, then its something he's going to have to deal with. Simply put, and I stated before, he had a choice to make. You could ignore the comments and not respond a heck of alot faster then typing in a response and hitting post reply.
If you dont see my point of view, I'm sorry, I just think its alot easier to ignore someone then perpetuate an arguement.....quite simply, I think youlack class because you are a Platinum memeber getting into a pissing match with a few dudes that have less than 100 posts between them, and from their typing they sound like they have more class and respect than you do.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:34am
^Well, I obviously don't know how to quote worth a poop!

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:54am
One thing I want to make clear after re-reading this thread which Sebastion and the others here don't seem to recognize.

The fellow starting this thread was flamed first! He was accused of being a noobish advertiser, and then you all want to cry because he calls the whole forum immature....can you blame him? I mean, this forum IS IMMATURE!

I think it's funny how HwayHzrd can say his opinion and you guys don't dare to flame his greatness when he says even worse, yet you guys jump all over some newbie because you think he's fresh meat and an easy kill....you guys are like hyenas. Only attacking when you think you'll win.

And ChettaCheez, where exactly do you stand? Because I've seen you copeout and say you actually like the A5OG, but then you post this, "Since August my arse...You A5OG guys are all the same, Someone states thier opinion and you all jump on thier asses. You all have the same mentality, that you guys are the best and our forum is the craphole. Its happened to me and Ive seen it happen to others, thats why I mostly lurk there."

IMHO, you guys flamed this poor guy asking for help, and then when he gives his opinion back, you flame him relentlessly like he killed your family dog. I've never seen someone get their ass jumped on like in this forum....except maybe at PBR. LOL

But not to worry, that's the whole reason I've been posting again lately. I see all these golds and platinums that have basically gotten their status by spending a lot of time on the internet, and I'm back to bring some much needed charisma to this forum.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

And for those that said,"If you don'tlike it, you can click that little x and leave.".....well I have a different option, but it's clicking on the reply button and owning your sorry-selves.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 10:43am
Seriously, this used to be a forum with a higher standard. If some kids asked about PBN or some other P-ball site, most people would have respect for them. Hey, why be jealous when we have something better anyhow?

Now, we can't even ask about our very own A5OG without a flaming from our fellow Tippmann bretheren.

This isn't me preaching, it's me saying that this forum has gone as low as it's gonna go and we should all strive to make it what it used to be....a community with respect for itself and others, and one that's based on knowledge and sharing it.
Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by pballa j.r. pballa j.r. wrote:

But the application of the rules of the forum should never change.  As soon as it becomes slacked, members take up a much slack as they can and reach for more.  I was one of the few people that spoke up for KRL when he was a Mod.  At one point I said that this forum needed more people like KRL when others were complaining about his constant mods of sigs, posts, etc.  Now he's gone and the inmates run the asylum.  And thus we are where we are today.

Not at all.  I'm refereing to the 12-year-old-know-it-all-1337-smart-arsed-flamers.  Sandman and Enos and Hway and the others aren't the inmates...  they are the cell guards tasked with patroling the forum.  The inmates are the people using the forum.

Kreeper-X View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The A-5 God of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreeper-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

Seriously, this used to be a forum with a higher standard. If some kids asked about PBN or some other P-ball site, most people would have respect for them. Hey, why be jealous when we have something better anyhow?

Now, we can't even ask about our very own A5OG without a flaming from our fellow Tippmann bretheren.

This isn't me preaching, it's me saying that this forum has gone as low as it's gonna go and we should all strive to make it what it used to be....a community with respect for itself and others, and one that's based on knowledge and sharing it.
Hammer down Zesty!  Time for the old-timers to take this forum back from the dregs.  I'm gonna stand here with you as well!  Viva La Resistance!

SebastianBlack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master & Commander of the T*W*A*T

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 4:39pm
I dont know what exactly you read, but not once did I flame or attack him. Get that straight. I dont go around flaming people for no reason. I posted my opinion. I didnt try and force it on anyone, I didnt insult the person it was directed to, and infact I even pointed out the person attacking him was trolling for an arguement.
You on the other hand busted in here and insulted me directly, hopped right in with everyone else and started flaming blindly.

One thing I want to make clear after re-reading this thread which Sebastion and the others here don't seem to recognize.

The fellow starting this thread was flamed first! He was accused of being a noobish advertiser, and then you all want to cry because he calls the whole forum immature....can you blame him? I mean, this forum IS IMMATURE!

I think it's funny how HwayHzrd can say his opinion and you guys don't dare to flame his greatness when he says even worse, yet you guys jump all over some newbie because you think he's fresh meat and an easy kill....you guys are like hyenas. Only attacking when you think you'll win.

And ChettaCheez, where exactly do you stand? Because I've seen you copeout and say you actually like the A5OG, but then you post this, "Since August my arse...You A5OG guys are all the same, Someone states thier opinion and you all jump on thier asses. You all have the same mentality, that you guys are the best and our forum is the craphole. Its happened to me and Ive seen it happen to others, thats why I mostly lurk there."

IMHO, you guys flamed this poor guy asking for help, and then when he gives his opinion back, you flame him relentlessly like he killed your family dog. I've never seen someone get their ass jumped on like in this forum....except maybe at PBR. LOL

But not to worry, that's the whole reason I've been posting again lately. I see all these golds and platinums that have basically gotten their status by spending a lot of time on the internet, and I'm back to bring some much needed charisma to this forum.

And for those that said,"If you don'tlike it, you can click that little x and leave.".....well I have a different option, but it's clicking on the reply button and owning your sorry-selves.

FFKFASOFAA
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
kann man uns am Himmel sehn
wir haben Angst und sind allein

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by pballa j.r. pballa j.r. wrote:

Not at all.  I'm refereing to the 12-year-old-know-it-all-1337-smart-arsed-flamers.  Sandman and Enos and Hway and the others aren't the inmates...  they are the cell guards tasked with patroling the forum.  The inmates are the people using the forum.

Heh, I knew what you ment... I was just giving you a hard time.
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by SebastianBlack SebastianBlack wrote:

I dont know what exactly you read, but not once did I flame or attack him. Get that straight. I dont go around flaming people for no reason. I posted my opinion. I didnt try and force it on anyone, I didnt insult the person it was directed to, and infact I even pointed out the person attacking him was trolling for an arguement.
You on the other hand busted in here and insulted me directly, hopped right in with everyone else and started flaming blindly.

Exactly Seb.

Where I stand you ask? I used to have alot of respect for the A5OG, Until one day a thread popped up on the OG asking about an IRC channel. I posted that they were welcome to PBC and that we are always looking for new people to come in. Needless to say I was flamed, flamed again, and flamed somemore. Thats when I started to lose faith.

A week later I saw a Tippmann Forum sucks thread over there. I lost more faith, enough to the point that I decieded to just lurk there.

Then this starts, I make a harmless comment that anybody with a sence of humor would of known were I was coming from, But then I was flamed again by an OG forumer.

Now where do I stand? Lets just say the A5OG is coming off my favorites list.

Even when I was a noob hanging out here on Old Red, I was never flamed as much as I was over there. Since the first day I joined here I felt welcome, however at the A5OG I felt somehow out of place. That I was the odd one out for calling this place home. I now know that I was at the wrong place, that I should stay here...The place I always felt welcome...Mother...The Tippmann Forum.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 7:37pm
^That's cool, you have the right to stay wherever you want. If the A5OG offended you that deeply, all I can say is I find it hard to believe you feel welcome here. But that's your business.

I can honestly say that I did not "get" your sarcasm and apologize for offending you. I had seen your posts and just thought you were "riding the fence" for the sake of argument and stirring up crap. Again, my bad....I'm sorry.

I can also say that you should give the A5OG another shot. I don't go there all the time, but I woulddefinitely feel safe in saying that there is nowhere near half the flaming there is here. But different strokes for different folks. If you feel that out of place there and that at home here, maybe you should just lurk there. Your decision. All I can say is I feel bad that youwere flamed, but I feel you gave up on the A5OG too quickly. Either way, my mistake for not getting your jokes.

Sebastion, I can only speak for myself, but I was responding because I felt an overwhelming crappy attitude coming from a lot of the regulars in that thread...you included.

I get annoyed when a regular member responds with a pissy attitude, let alone a Gold or Platinum.

I have nothing against you personally, I just didn't like the combative tone that everyone was taking, so I had to chime in and give my opinions as well.

You suggested that an A5OG member go away instead of helping him solve his problem.

But it seems like everyone sees the error in their ways, myself included.

Replies appreciated.

Edited by Zesty
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 7:45pm
Let me clear one thing up: I know Sebastion and the other regulars didn't flame the original poster first. It was some troll. That's besides the point.

I got upset because instead of realizing that and backing up this poor new poster, you guys give them a hard time for standing up for themselves.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 7:54pm
ok, are all the cuts, and bruises Healed? 

If So, I Welcome All of our A5 Breathern To this Site....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 8:28pm
I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time. I am trying to express there are plenty of other ways to deal with trouble makers. Ignoring works good, and if you complain about how bad this place sucks and how much they suck, I'd assume you would be better off, either trying to do something about it, or going somewhere more compatible

Let me clear one thing up: I know Sebastion and the other regulars didn't flame the original poster first. It was some troll. That's besides the point.

I got upset because instead of realizing that and backing up this poor new poster, you guys give them a hard time for standing up for themselves.

FFKFASOFAA

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:07pm
^Dude, You are the one that says you are striving to make the forum better...don't you think helping someone out is better than arguing with them?

Because that's basically what happened, a simple help thread was degraded into garbage because people would rather waste their time being negative and smart-assed than just either help or not reply.

I don't think it's asking too much to be respected when you post a perfectly good question.

Besides, we are supposed to be the best forum on the 'net(except for the A5OG of course ).

Here's a serious question to you Sebastion: If you were wondering why the A5OG was down, which would be the first forum you would post on asking for help?

I don't know about you, but the Tippmann Forum seems like the next logical step. Yet instead of accepting this dude with open arms, a simple request turns into a big pissing match.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:23pm
Please don't take the above post wrong....I could see how I kinda worded it wrong and the tone is somewhat "off".

My whole pointbeing that we should hold the forum to a higher standar rather than tell people to go to another forum if they don't like it.

And for anyone interested, the

A5 Owner's Group seems to be back ip at the moment.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebastianBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:44pm
I'm not saying that doesnt make sense for people from A5-OG to post here. My comments were directed to, and only to, one person.
I'd truthfully like to see people from M98.net and A5-OG posting here more. Most of them have better tech advice then a good deal of the people here.

^Dude, You are the one that says you are striving to make the forum better...don't you think helping someone out is better than arguing with them?

Because that's basically what happened, a simple help thread was degraded into garbage because people would rather waste their time being negative and smart-assed than just either help or not reply.

I don't think it's asking too much to be respected when you post a perfectly good question.

Besides, we are supposed to be the best forum on the 'net(except for the A5OG of course ).

Here's a serious question to you Sebastion: If you were wondering why the A5OG was down, which would be the first forum you would post on asking for help?

I don't know about you, but the Tippmann Forum seems like the next logical step. Yet instead of accepting this dude with open arms, a simple request turns into a big pissing match.
FFKFASOFAA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic