FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No, this is ridiculous!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 12:03am
afterreading that it made me think of the people who want to get rid of god from the pledge of alegance.schools shouldnt be teaching kids about god unless thier a catholic school.
metalpunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalpunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 12:25am
Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

afterreading that it made me think of the people who want to get rid of god from the pledge of alegance.schools shouldnt be teaching kids about god unless thier a catholic school.

Oh the ignorance in that statement. This is why the public school system needs to be thrown out.
I'm sorry your opinion is WRONG! Every one who is not me is wrong!
metalpunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalpunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 1:03am
Yeha but if you flip the frog will the dog runinto the bog?
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Actually, yes. I am offended, irritated, and embarassed every time I hear the Pledge. It bothers me absolutely to no end.

I tell people in other countries about the sticker case, and they (rightfully) laugh at the silly Americans.

It really really bothers me. Seriously. I get a headache just thinking about it.

wow, you must have a hard time getting through life being so easily offended :)

Hey metalpunx, been a while, good to see you around again.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 2:10am

Actually, yes.  I am offended, irritated, and embarassed every time I hear the Pledge.  It bothers me absolutely to no end.

I tell people in other countries about the sticker case, and they (rightfully) laugh at the silly Americans.

It really really bothers me.  Seriously.  I get a headache just thinking about it.

You know what really offends me?

One of the local Politicians really irks me for his stance on the pledge.

Because he thinks the word "God" reffers to the Christian god he point blank refuses to say the plege of allegience at meetings.

No one else has a problem with it there, only him.

But thats just me.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 10:34am
Darur... That's his right to do so (or not do so, more accurately). And that's exactly the reason why "under God" is not allowed in the pledge: people who would pressure others into saying it against their will.

What irritates me is the fact that it seems like AdmiralSenn is the only person who has read my last post in this thread (way back on page 3).
slipknot 555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slipknot 555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 11:22am
sometimes america can be so **edited**.
We wont Die

metalpunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalpunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by slipknot 555 slipknot 555 wrote:

sometimes america can be so **edited**.

no one cares
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Darur... That's his right to do so (or not do so, more accurately). And that's exactly the reason why "under God" is not allowed in the pledge: people who would pressure others into saying it against their will.

What irritates me is the fact that it seems like AdmiralSenn is the only person who has read my last post in this thread (way back on page 3).

Yes, it's his right, but I think Darur was saying that he's offended because he assumes that 'God' refers to God as in the Christian God. Maybe he's Muslim and just refuses to believe that he can say 'god' without committing sacrilege or something..

I also noticed that a lot of posts are not getting replied to. Either all of us are so brilliant that we've stunned our opponents into silence, or some people are being deliberately ignored. Which is also fine, because I can use a break from typing hugely long posts in debates.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
metalpunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalpunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:42am
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

I also noticed that a lot of posts are not getting replied to. Some of us are so brilliant that we've stunned our opponents into silence,

Its my rxperince that people will ignore what they dont have an answer for.

Edited by metalpunx
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:46am
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Yes, it's his right, but I think Darur was saying that he's offended because he assumes that 'God' refers to God as in the Christian God. Maybe he's Muslim and just refuses to believe that he can say 'god' without committing sacrilege or something..

I also noticed that a lot of posts are not getting replied to. Either all of us are so brilliant that we've stunned our opponents into silence, or some people are being deliberately ignored. Which is also fine, because I can use a break from typing hugely long posts in debates.

Dang, I forgot about this thread.

The reason I am offended is because he is an elected offical and if he cant handle saying the pledge he shouldnt be there.

I know people are going to dissagree very stongly with me on this, but I think if they are going to run for office they should be able to say the Pledge.

P.S - I agree with the unanswered post part you mentioned, I am still waiting for Kent to respond to my second post in this thread.

EDIT :  An addition to my previous statement :  Its not like this is the only thing he has a problem with, this is a guy thats always stirring up trouble

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 9:08am

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

I am still waiting for Kent to respond to my second post in this thread.

Unless my counting is off, your second post doesn't contain any questions.

metalpunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalpunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 12:37pm
Clark you and i both know he doesnt have any questions he wants you to respond to he wants you to respond to his comments.

In this type of discusion even when you make it look like a question its still a comment.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 12:44pm
Maybe you and I are reading different posts?
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:23pm
Well, I don't know about Darur, but the post I was referring to as having been ignored was mine that said that evolution and creationism aren't necessarily opposed.
It is highly possible that evolution occured with "intelligent design."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:26pm

^^^^^^   Certainly very possible.

But I am not aware of any evidence for intelligent design, either...  Seems a little too much like the proverbial/literal deus ex machina...

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:32pm
Well, I'm not necessarily saying there's a lot of evidence for it.
All I'm saying is that people who believe in Evolution should be able to peacefully coexist with people who believe in Creationism.

I don't like seeing these threads diminish to personal attacks based on faith or lack thereof. (Not saying this one has --not completely anyways-- but many have in the past.)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:45pm

All I'm saying is that people who believe in Evolution should be able to peacefully coexist with people who believe in Creationism.

Agree 100%.

Quote I don't like seeing these threads diminish to personal attacks based on faith or lack thereof.

Agree there also.  It is easy to get carried away (me included), but it is always better when we all get along...   :)

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:48pm

Agree 100%.

Quote I don't like seeing these threads diminish to personal attacks based on faith or lack thereof.

Agree there also.  It is easy to get carried away (me included), but it is always better when we all get along...   :)

Glad to see we agree.

I was just concerned because I sensed this moving towards, "I'm right, and if you don't agree you're an idiot," rather quickly (from both sides of the argument).
metalpunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalpunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 11:32pm
Aww man you guys arnt going to hug now are you? I hate when these things turn into legitmant discussions and people act all open minded and stuff.

Back to the maintopic of the thread has anyone changed there mind about if the stickers are right or wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic