Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I leave my tank on my gun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
medoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I leave my tank on my gun?
    Posted: 24 January 2005 at 5:54pm

Does it hurt anything (marker, tank, seals, etc.) to leave my CO2 tank on my Tippmann 98 custom marker for a long period of time (about 1 week or more)?  (I'm asking this because a friend wants to borrow mine and I really don't want to have to bother explaining the whole tank attach/removal procedure to him.  He also wants to have it ready to fire in a moment's notice.)

Thanks,

medoug.

triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 7:15pm

i wouldnt do it. it might not hurt anything, but theres a huge chance it wil. your drive spring will become weak, your sear spring will be stretched and weak. and from the valve being stuck closed, the internals could stick and o-ring could mold causeing lots of problems, and safety may also be an issue. its just not a good idea.

its very easy to put on a tank.

1. Cock the gun, make sure safety is on
  2. line up tank with ASA
  3. start slowly turning, untill it starts to easily turn in
  4. wait for the sound of the pin valve opening, anf slowly turn untill tight

be carefull not to overtighten, or crossthread. if theres leaking, put some oil on the o-ring, and try again, or replace the o-ring.

brokenclaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 8:41pm
NO donot keep your tank on ur gun u will wast c02 because of the valve being open....it may not hurt ur gun but it wiil hurt ur wallet

98 custom
J&J Ceramics (14in)
Rocket cock II
custom drop forwared
Brainless_Fool View Drop Down

Guested "hacking" passwords

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainless_Fool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2005 at 2:55pm

I wouldn't do it because it may, over time, weaken the sealant around the fittings/hose connected to the valve, causing it to leak. A temporary problem, easily fixed with adding more sealant like Teflon glue, but your friend may not know that when he receives the gun.

Just explain to him how to take off the tank properly, and maybe in the future invest in an on/off valve that installs on the tank (make sure that a professional does it if you do decide to do it, though).

Who loves the chocolate?
Everyone loves the chocolate.
Nobody hates the chocolate.
'Cos everyone loves the chocolate.
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 8:43pm
I wouldnt do it 
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
the a-5 RIPPER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the a-5 RIPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 6:27pm
unless u have a drop with on and off dont do it and no offence but id tell him to get his own gun or chage him 15$ a day

Edited by the a-5 RIPPER
E-98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 9:35pm
Out of curiousity.  Why does he need it to be ready to go at a moment's notice?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 2:14pm
I'm guessing to shoot someone, not in a paintball game.
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 3:39pm

oh yea thats a great way to promote paintball...

brikar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brikar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 3:51pm

I agree with everyone else, take the tank off.

On a side note: If you don't think your friend can install/remove the tank safely he certainly doesn't need to be shooting it. !especially at a moments notice outside a game

I caught some kids who were driving around my neighborhood shooting their marker-one shot was on my motorhome-they were a little scared when I caught them.

twistedkev1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twistedkev1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 8:30pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

I'm guessing to shoot someone, not in a paintball game.

Possibly some TPers?

General_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 11:49am

your friend has never been shot with a paintball gun at close range I'm guessing...   shoot him  first so he will know how it feels before he shoots some else.... tell him to get his own gun.     shoot  him anyway... 

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 12:08pm

/bangs head against desk

DO NOT BUMP OLD THREADS!

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 12:53pm
good lord...

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 4:54pm

Screw in the tank just until the point where air starts shooting out, so just about 3/4 of a turn and the marker is ready to fire.

Hey, the thread is at the top of the page anyway....

evil_gusgus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_gusgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 5:22pm
#1 ask what the heck hes needs it for at a moments notice
#2 leaks co2

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 5:43pm
Can this die now?
skipperson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 9:25pm
If you leave it screwed in it will drain the tank, so if he needs it again he has to unscrew it, fill it, then put it on again anyways.
98 Custom
Cyclone Feed
16 Linear Barrel
Folding Stock
Double Trigger
shooteronur6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooteronur6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 9:29pm

I leave mine on, because I have alot of stray dogs harrassing my dog (a 96lb Pitt), thru the fence; and I don't want him to tear his mouth up on the fence.

But I UNCOCK IT [and] TURN my AIR OFF at the Drop Forward, and I've never had any problems. But, I keep on-top of my maintenance too. As far as leaking air goes, haven't experienced that ...yet, knock on wood. lol

At any r8, it's usually best to keep any kind of firearm unloaded and uncocked at all times. Mine is 7' off the ground, and we have no children. But if we did, I'd totally break it down...for their sake!

CHRIST KREW
Got God?
Got Game?
Got me!
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

/bangs head against desk

DO NOT BUMP OLD THREADS!

/ANGER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic