FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Important Reminder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
clownshooter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Checking your underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important Reminder
    Posted: 21 January 2005 at 5:05pm
Just a friendly reminder and especially for newer players to remember to chronograph your marker before you play and always after you have made any changes to the marker such as new bolt, new barrel, different paint, polishing the internals, and etc. All those things can alter the velocity of the paintballs shot from your marker. If the velocity is lower than it was before, no problem it can usually be adjusted back up, but if it is higher, you won't be making any friends at your local field, and you could wind up with a potentially dangerous situation. Case in point; I did some work to my Tippmann Pro-Lite (new main drive spring, new barrel, new o-rings). My son took it outside and set up some pop bottles to knock over. Long story short, he came in and told me that he was shooting the bottles at about 30-40 feet away and they were breaking when he hit them (he was using RPS Super Swirls). I chronographed the Pro-Lite and found it was zipping the paint out at 415 feet per second. This is fast enough to possibly break a mask lens at close range, especially with the Super Swirl paint because it has a harder shell than many other brands. I wound up having to shorten the drive spring along with adjusting the RVA (Rear Velocity Adjuster) to drop the velocity down to 280 fps.
If you don't have a chronograph, find someone who does. Believe me your friends will love you for it.

Edited by clownshooter
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 5:08pm
hmm pretty good, maybe if you want put it in faqs
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 5:25pm
Thanks for the reminder, don't forget to add: check your velocity every time you refill your tank, especially with CO2.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 5:27pm

Ya I hate high velocity, I was playing two weekends ago and this guy was shooting across the course and it sounded like a car ran into my bunker.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 5:32pm
^ya its a little shocker when you get hit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic