Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann A5 Micro Max Loader Cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blackbetty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Crack is teh Illegal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann A5 Micro Max Loader Cap
    Posted: 19 January 2005 at 12:41am
for those of u looking for a rap4 experience without the cost, get 6-8 of
those Tippmann A5 Micro Max Loader Caps and fill them up,, then cover
them with baking paper and secure with a ruber band just like a jar of
jam/jello. when u wanna reload u just rip it off and put it on.
Buy a corvette and show the world that you know absolutely nothing about cars.
The new VW convertible beatle..... now you can actaully hear people call u and idiot.
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 12:06pm

The loader caps fit too tightly to be used quickly.

Have you tried this?  Please try some of these ideas before you post.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 3:47pm

It also wouldn't provide for a very large capacity magazine.  If you read the text on the websight you would see it allows for an ammo capacity of 30 rounds.  When you look closely at the pictures of it on an A5 it appears to add only about an inch of storage space.  Thus, at least half of that 30 round capacity is in the cyclone feeder itself.  My guess would be that the loader cap would end up being a 10-12 round magazine.

Edited Note:  I got bored and broke out my son's A5 and some paint I had left over from last year.  I filled the cyclone feed without the hopper on, making sure that all of the paint was at or below the level of the rim.  It held 19 rounds.  My guess for the extra capacity provided by the cap was fairly close, but I'm not going out and buying a bunch of makeshift 11 round magazines.

Second Edited Note:  There used to be some 100 round pods available that came with a collar that attached to the VL series hoppers.  Both the pods and the collar had irises that would open for paint transfer when the pod was inserted into the hopper.  I think they were JT speedloaders but I'm not sure.  Anyway, something similar to that modified for the A5 would be interesting.  (Although it would probably look like the marker had a smokestack on it.)

Edited by Mack
A5Gunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 9:28pm
the micro cap does not hold 19rds it holds 27rds thats how much i get into mine
Tippmann A-5
Flatline
ACI 4 stage chamber
Tasco scope mount
Swatforce red dot
CAR stock
Hogue grip sleeve
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 10:33pm
A5Gunner:  I didn't say the microcap only held 19 rounds.  I said the text on the product websight claims it will hold approximately 30 rounds.  I tested my cyclone feed without the hopper on and found it would hold 19 rounds with all the paint below the level of the rim.  That means, if you believe the product claims, the microcap adds additional storage capacity for 11 rounds.  The additional testing you did proves the claims are a little exaggerated, and that the microcap only adds space to store 8 additional rounds beyond what the cyclone feed itself will hold without the hopper.

Edited by Mack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic