FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WAS board for a-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 10:37am
Originally posted by FyreFly FyreFly wrote:

Originally posted by TIPPMANN TIPPMANN wrote:

The Cyclone Feed System comes stock on the
Tippmann A-5. This Patented Technology increases the A-5s rate of fire
beyond 15 balls per second.

I think the word "beyond" means 15+bps.

Tippmann has ofically stated it will RELIABLY feed 16.7 bps.

And go the people how said that about the electronic cyclone, don't hold your breath, to get the timing on it right it would need some sort of eye system.

"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:25am
yeah i dont think this new board will be a success with the A5, sorry everyone.
kissXtheXbarrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kissXtheXbarrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 8:24pm
very true, but still. lets all cross our fingers and hope for the best.
A5, egrip, cp barrel kit, check it asa, etc
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 8:34pm
^ i agree
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:18pm

wait im a little confused what does the term needing eyes mean? what do "eyes" do for the gun?

and also it really would not make sense for them to make one board that fits both the A-5 and the E-Bolt and have it cap 30BPS. What would the extra 13 BPS be for for the A-5, just to taunt owners? That would mean you would be spending $100 to be able to fire 2 BPS faster on the A-5 e grip and at the same time not be able to use all of your other fireing modes.

that right their would be spending money and losing quality, their has to be something bigger that their not showing us, unless it is all just a scandel.

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:23pm
the reason that WAS gave me was that WAS capped it so high is just incase tippmann made some modifications to the cyclone.  but i have a hunch that it also has something to do with the future tippmann markers because this new grip is also compatible with the future tippmann models.  i have recieved all of this information from WAS themeselves.

the board is no scandel, it will officially start selling on March 1rst at $99. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:27pm

yea ^ but unless their is proof that cyclone improvments will be made, for the A-5, the whole thing would be cheating you out for your money. wel for A-5 owners at least.

and at the descussion on the was forum about the board i am named -=A-5=-

Anyone else want to voluntere their names so we can all no each other their?

Edited by A-5 Command
A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:57pm
yes if there are no new or upgrades for the cyclone, it will just be cheating you out of yur money.  but this makes you think, they know this, so why would they make it compatible with the A5 in the first place.

on the WAS forum i am A5 dude15 ( hey thats the same here!) i also have my own topic which asks questions about the new board and possibly about the future markers from tippmann. 

go to www.wickedairsports.com then go to the forum, click on equilizer, then click on 98/A5, the click on the top topic that was started by funky fresh, not the one started by me.  you will find out some information on the new board, and wicked air sports would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:26pm

yea i no i have been in the discussion for the last two pages of it, really interesting stuff. Wut you said was the reason why i think that they are gonna make improvements to the cyclone. they are smarter (or should be) than to charge that high for something that will really make no difference 

and look wut i got from was "Tippmann has several existing markers and several new markers being released.  Our board was designed to fit in everything."

if the bold and underline diddn't pint it out, they said tippmann was comeing out with several new markers... A typo, or something else???

Edited by A-5 Command
A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 7:22pm
^ awsome, this will be really interesting. what if they come out with like three of them??? which one will i know to buy??? ..... i dunno!!!!  we'll see

pbmasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbmasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 8:57pm
well i have heard there was a reca on the cylcone feed so i dont think it support faster firing
Olive PM6 with virtue
surfnbrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfnbrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 9:23pm
im just gonna wait  then see what they come out with    better safe than sorry   if its not to exciting im just gonna buy an Evil Omen for speedball and my a-5 for everything else   i love my a-5
Tippmann A-5: $230/ E-grip: $120/ JCS trigger: $32/ Tear drop Barrel: $35/   Bunkering you while using it: Priceless
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 11:02pm
....ok....
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 12:07am
If you don't know what you're talking about, stop spreading hype. I've got video's of a-5's shooting faster than 15bps and they weren't paint blenders. What it means when you hear people say it will shoot XXbps reliably is that there will be a paintball fired everytime the internals cycle at that ROF. Sometimes at higher ROF's like 18-19 the cyclone will miss a shot and you will dryfire, that is all. The eye's are just for the vert feeders and can't be used in conjunction with the cyclone because of the whole skipping a shot sometimes. I would be willing to bet that aside from the slightly higher ROF and option for eyes, you might also see a lighter trigger switch and possibly a longer battery life and I do believe that theres going to be programming via trigger. If there weren't some obvious advantages to this board over the stock then there would have never been talks of making this board stock in e-grips.

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 4:18pm
^thank you. I have been trying to say that forever. And the trigger programing u mentioned is definately a very interesting possibility. I never thought of that.
A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 6:42pm
yes, tippmann has even told me that A5's can fire up to 17 bps reliably, they emailed me and thats what they said.  and noone ever said anything about breaking paint.  i also have a video of a guy from A5 og with his r/t doing about 17-mabye 18.  but if the blades in the cyclone get to rate that they spin at 30CPS, which is the max capabilities of the WAS board, then i highly doubt that you will not break a ball.  the force of the cyclone blade hitting the paintballs at this constant rate would be sure to break one.  and i dont want to be shootin 25 bps and shooting a blank every other almost every other shot, it adds up in the long run to be a big waste of air.  suppose yur using a 16 ounce C02 tank. you shoot 300 times in one game, but only 200 paintballs came out (shooting almost every other time), play another game like that and you just lost a full 200 shots out of yur 16 ounce tank.  200 shots is enough gas for another game, thats a waste, so i wouldnt want to be shooting at high rates of fire if im gonna waste gas.
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 8:11pm
Whats makes you think you could shoot anywhere close to 30bps in semi auto anyway (thats all that WAS makes), I believe they just put such a high cap on it so people will be all ZOMGZORZ 30BPS and buy it. I plan on buying it just because I can shoot faster than 15 bps in semi auto without thinking and my current e-grip is holding me back a bit. With this board in a vert fed a-5 you'll have the ROF of a high-end gun with the price of a mid-level and the durability of a tippmann... isn't that pretty much what everyone wants in a paintball gun?

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 11:32pm
^^^Yeah. There's only one downside to vert feeding the A-5, a Halo makes the gun really really heavy. It's not a light gun to start with, and with a full Halo you can really feel the weight. Just another thing to consider.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 3:49am
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

^^^Yeah. There's only one downside to vert feeding the A-5, a Halo makes the gun really really heavy. It's not a light gun to start with, and with a full Halo you can really feel the weight. Just another thing to consider.

That could effect some people I guess but I've never really been bothered by the a-5's weight. I would much rather have a slightly heavier gun that doesnt have all the problems of higher end guns.

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 10:20am
^^^What do you mean by "all the problems of higher end guns"? If high ends guns had so many problems, people wouldn't use them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic