FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WAS board for a-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by rave5910 rave5910 wrote:

Whats makes you think you could shoot anywhere close to 30bps in semi auto anyway (thats all that WAS makes), I believe they just put such a high cap on it so people will be all ZOMGZORZ 30BPS and buy it. I plan on buying it just because I can shoot faster than 15 bps in semi auto without thinking and my current e-grip is holding me back a bit. With this board in a vert fed a-5 you'll have the ROF of a high-end gun with the price of a mid-level and the durability of a tippmann... isn't that pretty much what everyone wants in a paintball gun?
on the forum, the WAS admistrator said that they will have all the same firing modes that are already on the egrip, and all of the firing modes are capped at 30bps, except for nxs auto, which is capped at 15.  i can shoot semi at 15bps, if you put it on turbo mode then double that and you get 30, go on the forum right now and ask the moderator yurself.  it will be a waste of gas unless you have vert or center feed.
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 5:49pm

^ yea was said that you will be able to use all of the firing modes that the E-Grip/bolt has. And wuts up with them saying that the E-Grip is caped 13? I argued with them and they were just like "we belive what tippmann tells us" or some stupid crap. I told them that for the A-5 was board it would be a waste of money to fire 2 BPS faster and they said the A-5 E-Grip shot 13 BPS so it would 4 BPS extra....

point is their dodging a lot a questions, look at some of their replys 

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 8:11pm
^ lol yeah man, u were like "well yur payin 99 bucks for 2 extra bps" and their all like "NO its 4" hmmmmm big difference.
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 5:15am
Originally posted by A5 dude15 A5 dude15 wrote:

Originally posted by rave5910 rave5910 wrote:

Whats makes you think you could shoot anywhere close to 30bps in semi auto anyway (thats all that WAS makes), I believe they just put such a high cap on it so people will be all ZOMGZORZ 30BPS and buy it. I plan on buying it just because I can shoot faster than 15 bps in semi auto without thinking and my current e-grip is holding me back a bit. With this board in a vert fed a-5 you'll have the ROF of a high-end gun with the price of a mid-level and the durability of a tippmann... isn't that pretty much what everyone wants in a paintball gun?
on the forum, the WAS admistrator said that they will have all the same firing modes that are already on the egrip, and all of the firing modes are capped at 30bps, except for nxs auto, which is capped at 15.  i can shoot semi at 15bps, if you put it on turbo mode then double that and you get 30, go on the forum right now and ask the moderator yurself.  it will be a waste of gas unless you have vert or center feed.

Originally posted by Wicked Air Sportz Wicked Air Sportz wrote:

We make only tournament legal boards... semi-auto only.
page 12, 4th post from top

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
nschott85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nschott85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 11:55am
Yes, was only makes smei-only. Plus I don't know too many people who can shoot over 15bps with the a5 with many upgrades.  The real practical  point of the new board is for future models by tippmann where a 30bps cap and all of was features (eye etc) are great.
A5
Egrip+RT
Flatline+Sceptor kit
Palmers Stab
R5
CAR stock w/RVA

Impulse
WAS
AA barrel
ND RAM
Rip Valve
Maxflow 4500
Reloader B
Jackhammer LPR
Tapeworm
Sticky grips
ND Low rise
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 12:08pm

isnt 30 bps fast enough where the balls hit in mid air and bust? i dont really think its worth it because if ur in a tourney i dont know many people that can hit 20 bps in semi. so the way most people would be using it is full auto which is pretty much a waste of paint. i think 14 bps is plenty fast for all woods ball, senario, and other players. i also agree with everybody else that if the gun is gaining 2 bps or 4 if you sugar coat it then it definately a quick way to blow 99 bucks.

Edited by Silent Slayer
a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 1:50pm
ok, whatever it takes to prove my point. what you showed us was a couple of months old. this is the latest and most recent topic on the WAS board for the A5:  Wicked Air Sports quotes "you will have all of the same firing modes plus nxs auto which is capped at 15 bps"   a5 board
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by nschott85 nschott85 wrote:

Yes, was only makes smei-only. Plus I don't know too many people who can shoot over 15bps with the a5 with many upgrades.  The real practical  point of the new board is for future models by tippmann where a 30bps cap and all of was features (eye etc) are great.
  i can max out my egrip very easely.
DMCOOK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMCOOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 3:53pm
Italianoguy04 it is quite impossible for your gun to reach speeds of what u are claiming for one the halo can only feed around 22 and 27with the victory board but if u are lucky as a leprechaun u might get 30. I might have missed it but i dont believe u have a upgraded board in your gun and if u were to purchase the XSF kit which i highly recommend with a spyder then u can have unlimited bps and vision but the ROF is restricted by the hopper and in your case your gun is never pulling 30+bps because thats what a angel speed claims and why would i got buy a angel speed if i can mod my crappy spyder imagine to shoot 30+bps?
DMCOOK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMCOOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 4:36pm
Italianoguy04 I appologize for the last post because i went in uninformed and to any one wondering what the zip kit is then heres what it does it converts any double stacked body like a spyder and makes it electropneumatic and the board that comes with it i believe is lcd and comes with firing rates from 8-30 bps it is by far the sweetest mod for a spyder ive yet to come accross soon as i get some cash im going to order it agian sry italianoguy04 for the bash.
DMCOOK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMCOOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 4:40pm
silent slayer ppl gain up to 30bps in a game by ramping mostly because in a tourney full auto is illegal ramping is a way of cheating like if u walk your gun up to 8bps the gun fires 16 in speed ball high rates of fire are needed because the more paint u put at your apponent the better chance of hitting them u have but for woods ball or scenario i agree that u really dont need any more than 14 bps a waste of paint it is there is a semi pro team in my town that run a coarse and i was talking to a guy that said he spent 1000 dollars in paint for one tourney thats the price of competitive paintball
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Silent Slayer Silent Slayer wrote:

isnt 30 bps fast enough where the balls hit in mid air and bust?

I did the calculations for that before and its closer to, if i remember correctly, like 200-300 bps before you need to worry about the space between paintballs.

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 6:52pm
^ i see you didnt make a comment about the newest topic about the board that i posted.
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 9:14pm

will every body plese read this page and read wat was said so u can all stop saying u will only have semi auto?

http://www.wickedairsportz.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=4 1f30a635a67ffff;act=ST;f=41;t=2;st=0

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by A5 dude15 A5 dude15 wrote:

^ i see you didnt make a comment about the newest topic about the board that i posted.

what did you want me to say... OMGZORZ JOO TROCK. I'm sorry I didn't spend like 45 minutes searching all 17 pages to find it and then come into the tippmann forums to complain about the board thats coming out and how its pointless when I'm not going to be forced to use it anyway. I was going by what I already know about WAS and then I just looked for that and thats what I found. If he said two completely different things then I can't be held responsible for him not editing his previous post.

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
Nigelf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 12:34am
I'm sorry, I dont meant to interrupt, but I have some things to say that I feel need saying.

If the possibility of a 2-3 bps increase doesnt seem like its worth the $$$ THEN DONT FREAKIN' BUY IT ALRIGHT!?!?!?!?   ITS NOT A RIP-OFF IF YOU DONT BUY IT OK!?!?!?!?   If you're wondering "then whats the point?"  Its already been stated that this board will work with Tippmann's future projects... If you still think that its pointless because this piece wont help you with your cyclone-fed A-5, then you're a self-centered moron.  If you really want a marker that can shoot 20+ bps than go get a space gun and shut up, or wait and see what Tippmann has in the works.  If you want a fairly priced marker that can keep up, and you can throw down a hill, then by all means keep your Tippmann... I will. 

OK, I'm done ranting... I feel much better.

Nigel

Edited by Nigelf
- .68 Carbine
- Factory F/A (sale pending)
- .68 Special

I dont fire warning shots
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 9:14am
lets leave it at this, because theres no point to go on anymore.  A5 users, dont buy the board, you will be very unsatisgfied. over
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic