Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq new terrorist breeding ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq new terrorist breeding ground
    Posted: 14 January 2005 at 2:46am

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1802& ;ncid=716&e=16&u=/washpost/20050114/ts_washpost/a746 0_2005jan13

Another vicious blow to the "we were right to invade Iraq mindset"....

Some of the highlights:

President Bush (news - web sites) has frequently described the Iraq war as an integral part of U.S. efforts to combat terrorism. But the council's report suggests the conflict has also helped terrorists by creating a haven for them in the chaos of war.

Before the U.S. invasion, the CIA said Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) had only circumstantial ties with several al Qaeda members. Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) rejected the idea of forming an alliance with Hussein and viewed him as an enemy of the jihadist movement because the Iraqi leader rejected radical Islamic ideals and ran a secular government.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 6:26am
  Sigs too big dude. But anyway, about the Iraq being a terrorist breeding ground....well yeah, thank you capitan obvious. I don't really think we should have went there at all like you but there are some major benefits if we can pull this off. A strong hold for democracy in the middle of all that maddness would be a real blow to our enemies in the fundamentalist muslim community. There are already dissident movements growing in Iran and Syria and really all of the major muslim countries and I think if we can show that it will work in Iraq it may just be the push that they need to actually do something and make some changes. Right now though, my major beef with Iraq and the Bosh administration is the handling of the war so far. From underfunding to under-equiping to being to hasty(IMHO) with putting the Iraqis in charge and some other stuff I think we really have stuck ourselves in a jam just because we've been stupid with the way we've executed our "plan" so far.

Oh and about your sig dude......they died for each other. Ask your bro.

Edit: as a side note, if you notice, the islamic terrorist that hate us don't really need much of an excuse so I don't know how many more terrorists we are creating in being there. I mean, Ossama decided he hated us when we went in for the first Gulf War and that one was completely justified.

Edited by .Ryan

goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 8:08am

You're right, my signature was a little too much. I like this better anyhow.

Now back to the discussion. What does it take for you guys to admit that this war is an absolute disaster? We have given up on finding WMD. Now the CIA is saying that we have turned the country we planned to free into a terrorist breeding ground. The whitehouse says that the elections will certainly not be fair due to people being afraid to vote, but we'll have them anyway. What has gone right thus far? We've failed in everything we've attempted to accomplish there.

If the Iraqi people want freedom, let them fight for it themselves. It is time to pull out. March 20th is the second anniversary of the war. I will be in Washington D.C. protesting in hopes there won't be a third anniversary. Hope to see you all there also.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 8:13am
There are no terrorist breeding grounds, because according to one British Journalist the Al-quada network and terrorism is just a figment of George Bush's imagination, all made up to replace the Soviet empire as the Republican parties boogyman.

The holocaust never happened, it was a Isreali conspiricy to legitimize their creation of Isreal.

George Bush and the Isreali's set off a nuclear device to create the earthquake and then the tsuami.

The American servicemen delievering the aid to the tsunami victims are the advance party of an invasion of those peacefull islamic nations.

Dan Rather was right in his reporting, the investigation is only part of the vast right wing conspiricy to degrade the truth in media of the major networks.

There is no left bias in major media, only the rightwing bias of Fox and talk radio jeopardizes americas view of the truth.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 8:20am
Only when a Democratic administration intervenes in world affairs (Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia) is it considered correct and we should never question a Democratic Presidents decesions in world affairs.

And my question still looms, why was our intervention in the unjust war history called World War 2 never questioned. We destroyed two great civilizations and cultures and installed our values on these peacefull people who meant us no harm and were only forced into war with America by our war mongering Presidents foriegn poloicies of the time. The Japanese were tricked into attacking us, and FDR knew, for he wanted us in the war for the economic reasons he and his big bussiness freinds would profit on.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 8:21am
^^^^ partisan hogwash.
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 9:32am
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1802& ;ncid=716&e=16&u=/washpost/20050114/ts_washpost/a746 0_2005jan13

Another vicious blow to the "we were right to invade Iraq mindset"....

Some of the highlights:

President Bush (news - web sites) has frequently described the Iraq war as an integral part of U.S. efforts to combat terrorism. But the council's report suggests the conflict has also helped terrorists by creating a haven for them in the chaos of war.

Before the U.S. invasion, the CIA said Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) had only circumstantial ties with several al Qaeda members. Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) rejected the idea of forming an alliance with Hussein and viewed him as an enemy of the jihadist movement because the Iraqi leader rejected radical Islamic ideals and ran a secular government.

And your thoughts on Afganistan?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 9:56am
^^^^^^^  Interesting question...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 11:44am
And why is a historical referance to a simular event in out history, where only the names of the leader and enemies have changed considered ....partisan hogwash.....

Then as today there is a enemy, who today has in his way declared war on America and our way of life, yet there are many who care to ignore, and pretend that these people were provoked and we can through negotiation come to a world of peace.

The previous administration voiced the same concerns and used the same intelligence to make their statements against Iraq and many terrorist organizations, and only now that a Republican administration actually decided to act on the issue is it considered wrong.

And just remmember, maybe when offered President Clinton took custody of BinLaden, 9/11 would never happened. But we will never know, but the same threat to America that President Clinton, along with many on that side of the aisle voiced concern on well into 2002 on many a well documented statements now consider the war only a "Bush" lie.

Edited by oldsoldier
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 11:58am

Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

I don't really think we should have went there at all like you but there are some major benefits if we can pull this off. A strong hold for democracy in the middle of all that maddness would be a real blow to our enemies in the fundamentalist muslim community.

A democracy in the west as a stronghold? Kind of sounds like the Dominoe Effect on the spread of Communism. So our idea of spreading Democracy is better than the Soviet Union's idea of spreading communism. That's pretty biased.

B_Wet A-5 View Drop Down
im luvin my pecs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Wet A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 12:00pm
didint fell like reading the article but nice sig.
I need smallers sigs.
AVIATOR GANG
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 12:38pm
Wow....this is better than watchin CNN, MSNBC and FOX combined!
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 1:41pm

whoa dude...  like, does anyone know where I can get "Bush sucks" t-shirts? 'cause like I was watchin' this news station on the TV, and they said that like, Bush is bad cause he's killin' terorisists 'n stuff, so its gotta be true dude. like, Ive been watchin' them since they told me about how Bush, like, stole the election and is really Hilter's great-great-grandson an' stuff. But, like, it's totaly got to be true 'cause it was made by news people, right?

Edited by Slimz.357
"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 1:49pm
I don't think the NIC counts as "news people"...
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 2:09pm
Apparently somone thinks it does.
REQUIRED READING
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 2:12pm
Maybe I'm missing your point...
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 2:17pm
I'm just tired of ignorant posts. There seems to be an epidemic of them recently. I will never cease to be amazed that people still beleive this crap. (gtg)

Edited by Slimz.357
REQUIRED READING
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 2:19pm

What's to believe, or not to believe?

The NIC really did come out with a report describing Iraq as a training ground for terrorists.  I don't think the existence of the report is in dispute, is it?

Now, you can disagree with the NIC, but the NIC are not just journalists...   They effectively work for the CIA.

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Wow....this is better than watchin CNN, MSNBC and FOX combined!

It always has been.  It's the best kept secret in the internet. 

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 4:16pm

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Only when a Democratic administration intervenes in world affairs (Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia) is it considered correct and we should never question a Democratic Presidents decesions in world affairs.

And my question still looms, why was our intervention in the unjust war history called World War 2 never questioned. We destroyed two great civilizations and cultures and installed our values on these peacefull people who meant us no harm and were only forced into war with America by our war mongering Presidents foriegn poloicies of the time. The Japanese were tricked into attacking us, and FDR knew, for he wanted us in the war for the economic reasons he and his big bussiness freinds would profit on.

The Iraqi's bombed Pearl Harbor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic