Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq new terrorist breeding ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Banshee11B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banshee11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

He has already defended his military record from The Swift Clone Non-Veterans for O.S. He laid it out for you.

I assume you are referring to me. Apparently since the "Heat-round" was for me "pissing" on a military career, this to, is directed at me.

I asked for clarification. That is all I wanted since I firmly believing in backing a discussion with fact. The statements seemed a little confused and contrived and I really did appreciate the clarification. I apparently overanalyzed and am glad that point is resolved.

Apparently anyone that can validate his positions with fact and experience is just a "clone". I am quite courious since, I assume you read my postings, why you think I am a non-veteran. If I was vague in any way and somehow misled you on any of my reasonings, I hope you would be kind enough to point these out for me. I would like to resolve any misunderstanding so we can do away with name-calling and resume a serious discussion. .†

Edited by Banshee11B
-Chairborne Ranger-
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other human invention in history...
...with the possible exception of handguns and tequila.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 1:01pm
Don't let this or that bother you, this is for all intents and puposes just entertainment, well for most of us anyway. They are still torqued that their man and party lost, and the tantrums will be focused elsewhere soon enough. Remmember trooper, "It don't mean nothin, it don't mean nothin."

Unfortuanately that is Badsmitty's claim to fame here, the resident "forum troublemaker", "name caller"," charactor assasin" and over all general pain in the fourth point of contact.

The witty little signatures, and sometimes derogatory referances to others here are just as tiresome to us, as our referances to our conservative beliefs are to him, but the differance is pretty evident, we try to keep the personal side of others here out of the mix, he may believe that we call those we disagree with "pinkos" or whatever but seldom if ever do we ever resort actual printed referance or direct attacks on people with remarks such as "The Swift Clone Non-Veterans for O.S.".

If you can not attack the message, attack the messenger...

And as we stand by for the rebuttal...............

Edited by oldsoldier
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 4:20pm
Character Assassin.  I like.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by Banshee11B Banshee11B wrote:

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

He has already defended his military record from The Swift Clone Non-Veterans for O.S. He laid it out for you.

I assume you are referring to me. Apparently since the "Heat-round" was for me "pissing" on a military career, this to, is directed at me.

I asked for clarification. That is all I wanted since I firmly believing in backing a discussion with fact. The statements seemed a little confused and contrived and I really did appreciate the clarification. I apparently overanalyzed and am glad that point is resolved.

Apparently anyone that can validate his positions with fact and experience is just a "clone". I am quite courious since, I assume you read my postings, why you think I am a non-veteran. If I was vague in any way and somehow misled you on any of my reasonings, I hope you would be kind enough to point these out for me. I would like to resolve any misunderstanding so we can do away with name-calling and resume a serious discussion. . 

You misunderstand.  Many times that gsmitty has butted heads with O.S., his expertise at chemical warfare, military experience, etc., gets questioned (not by O.S.).  It's one of the more popular games on the forum.  Didn't mean you, sorry if I offended you.

Edited by Badsmitty
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Don't let this or that bother you, this is for all intents and puposes just entertainment, well for most of us anyway. They are still torqued that their man and party lost, and the tantrums will be focused elsewhere soon enough. Remmember trooper, "It don't mean nothin, it don't mean nothin."

Unfortuanately that is Badsmitty's claim to fame here, the resident "forum troublemaker", "name caller"," charactor assasin" and over all general pain in the fourth point of contact.

The witty little signatures, and sometimes derogatory referances to others here are just as tiresome to us, as our referances to our conservative beliefs are to him, but the differance is pretty evident, we try to keep the personal side of others here out of the mix, he may believe that we call those we disagree with "pinkos" or whatever but seldom if ever do we ever resort actual printed referance or direct attacks on people with remarks such as "The Swift Clone Non-Veterans for O.S.".

If you can not attack the message, attack the messenger...

And as we stand by for the rebuttal...............

Isn't this... entire post a personal attack?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:02pm
Forget it kid, thread is done, we know what we are doing.......If it was an "attack" you along with the target would have no doubt in your civilian and or military mind.

Long practiced under the "hat" and have one of the most colorfull descriptive languages on the forum if required. Ask any OMHW or individuals here that have seen the art up close and personal at games.

And if you can not determine what "poking fun" at each other is, you need to get your "paranoid" helmet on.

Edited by oldsoldier
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:08pm

Forget it kid, thread is done, we know what we are doing.......If it was an "attack" you along with the target would have no doubt in your civilian and or military mind.

That's lame, OS.  Not only did you completely ignore the very valid point EJP made (that you casually and consistently insult everybody in your path, and the then complain about how people are "attacking the messenger", i.e. you), but you had to throw in the the gratuitous "kid" to attempt to discredit this particular messenger.

You have made some valid points in this thread, OS, but your apparent inability to lay off the personal jabs and unnecessary partisan rhetoric makes it very difficult to take you seriously.

You would be much more effective and persuasive if you could just make your point without the arrogant snide commentary.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

That's lame, OS.  Not only did you completely ignore the very valid point EJP made (that you casually and consistently insult everybody in your path, and the then complain about how people are "attacking the messenger", i.e. you), but you had to throw in the the gratuitous "kid" to attempt to discredit this particular messenger.

You have made some valid points in this thread, OS, but your apparent inability to lay off the personal jabs and unnecessary partisan rhetoric makes it very difficult to take you seriously.

You would be much more effective and persuasive if you could just make your point without the arrogant snide commentary.

Oh, no, it's okay. I really am a kid, just sixteen-years-old. Whenever I'm older and more conservative I'll realize how forum insults work in the real world.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:12pm
Never mind.....zooom right over the head

Say Goodnight......We can lock this puppy up

Edited by oldsoldier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:14pm

Never mind.....zooom right over the head

Indeed, OS - yours.

This point has been made to you countless times over the years, with no apparent effect.

Very sad.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:17pm
You still don't get it, as with most here....that is the sad part.....

ENTERTAINMENT......................Do you actually in your heart and mind truely believe the hardarse personna.....it works both ways, ask BS/GS it is the fun of the game. I am the oldsoldier, old veteran of many years, but this is ENTERTAINMENT.....

These debates are the "fun", no one gets hurt, the few with soft skins may now and then get offended, but we exchange ideas, views, opinions in a very entertaining format. And up till now it has been fun for 99% of us.

Edited by oldsoldier
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:17pm

Never mind[sic].....[sic]zooom right over the head

Say Goodnight......[sic]We can lock this puppy up

Why in God's name would this thread get locked, OldSoldier? Just because GoodSmitty said that we shouldn't leave Iraq immediately doesn't mean that any discussion of the article is done with.

EDIT: I have no doubt in my mind that Clark Kent is just poking fun at you. Don't worry about it.

Edited by Ejp414

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:23pm
See it works...

PS points have been made, debatted, trashed....time to move on to the next forum tyrade.

Break is over gotta drive on.......keep up the fire folks.....will check back in 2morrow if I find a wifi hotspot along my way.....

Edited by oldsoldier
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Slimz.357 Slimz.357 wrote:

Smitty's Service record is one of the reasons I hold him in highest respect. But I do find his philosophy to be extrememly idealistic at times.  My point was simply that because a job looks hard or even impossible, you can't write it off and not try. Pulling out of Iraq now would simply be quiting. I was criticizing his perspective, not his age or record; But you're right, I could have worded that a bit better.

Irreguardless, I think this debate ended a few posts ago.

Ps.

Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

I hope you see that I can be convinced to re-think my position with the proper information. Conservative, patriotic rhetoric does nothing for me, facts and sound arguments do.

Good man! It's nice to see there's someone here who isn't as boneheaded as I am, and that's not sarcasm.

Thank-you. Most of my beliefs are conservative, but since I do not agree with the war in Iraq, I am labeled "liberal" here, work, and church. I believe what the data proves, and when the facts show that my thinking is wrong, I change my thinking or at least do more research. I do not understand why people cannot be open minded and entertain the idea that they may be wrong in their thinking [generalized statement about humanity-no finger pointing intended]. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to lose by saying you are wrong. It is a sign of maturity.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:25pm

ENTERTAINMENT......................Do you actually in your heart and mind truely believe the personna.....it works both ways, ask BS/GS it is the fun of the game.

Irrelevant, OS.

You = the sum of your posts.

Whatever else you are is completely irrelevant to me, as I only know your posts.  Doesn't matter if it is "pretend" or not.  It is what it is. 

It is not a defense or an excuse to rude behavior online that "I am not like this in real life."  It doesn't matter whether or not you are snickering the whole time you are posting.  For all I know you are 13 years old and a lesbian.  It doesn't matter, as you are judged only and solely upon the content of your posts.

Common code of courtesy and moral behavior applies even on the internet. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:30pm

You still don't get it, as with most here....that is the sad part.....

ENTERTAINMENT......................Do you actually in your heart and mind truely believe the hardarse personna.....it works both ways, ask BS/GS it is the fun of the game. I am the oldsoldier, old veteran of many years, but this is ENTERTAINMENT.....

These debates are the "fun", no one gets hurt, the few with soft skins may now and then get offended, but we exchange ideas, views, opinions in a very entertaining format. And up till now it has been fun for 99% of us.

Amen, I live break to break to get on here and duck and jab with O.S.

It's all in fun and I am just as guilty at making personal attacks (i.e. calling O.S. the "old embellisher" and anyone who agrees with him "automaton clones".

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:37pm
As we can well see by many of the posters and threads here.

From the start of this forum, my personna has been of the conservative, right-wing, ultra-conservative. And to many it has become the expected norm. There are times I have been serious, there have been times I have made people mad, there are times I have been informative, there are times I have been reflective, all part of the Tippmann Forum expierience.

Those who know me, know who and what I am, those who do not know me only judge by what they care to believe of me from what they see here. Ask any OMHW who I am, and ask many here who have seen me and talked to me, and take the time yourself someday, then judge. If it truely offends sorry, and if we can not see it for what it is, again sorry. There are few things I enjoy in life anymore, and thses moments of debate, exchange and such are one of them.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:38pm
Who wants Waffles! 
Banshee11B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banshee11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:59pm

There are few things I enjoy in life anymore, and thses moments of debate, exchange and such are one of them.

This current debate had made me analyze certain aspects of the current situation that I had not done before. I have to admit that I really enjoyed this one. Thanks to all involved parties for helping me exercise something that I haven't in a seemingly long time. Except for, apparently, paragraph breaks....
-Chairborne Ranger-
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other human invention in history...
...with the possible exception of handguns and tequila.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 6:16pm

I feel all warm inside when we can all be so rude to one another, and yet, skip off down the lane arm-in-arm to grandma's house

-Zesty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic