FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing the mac mini

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RenegadeGopher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Renegade of Funk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RenegadeGopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by P!NK panther P!NK panther wrote:

macs=not as good as dell. BUT that thing is sweet looking! DELL OWNS!

You should feel special and wanted, I actually logged in and revisted the forum the first time in 5 months, just to insult you and say you suck at life, computers, internet and cheerios.

Dell sucks, its just another OEM PC company, just like Gateway, just like HP, just like Compaq. Macs own PC's, but are hugely expensive.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 7:20pm
ahh, a burn, nice

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 8:12pm
Simple logic time! Ok, here we go.

Custom built>OEM.

Dell=OEM

my computer=custom built

my computer>yours.

Do you follow?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Simple logic time! Ok, here we go.

Custom built>OEM.

Dell=OEM

my computer=custom built

my computer>yours.

Do you follow?

Dell is sort of like custom built... They just assemble it, and u dont have a huge assortment of components to choose from.

2.8Ghz Pentium 4 processor
512mb Dual Channel Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 128mb video card
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Gamer sound card

Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

You can't argue Apples and Pcs. They are completely different. If you want to argue speed, yes the Apple loses. The Dual 2.5gh G5 is very expensive and a much less priced PC could match its performace. THe stability of OSX is a lot better than XP. There's no point in arguing..

Actually, I'd say the macs are just as fast as PCs that have windows. Windows is messed up. I hate it.
X
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

Security Slot??

and 1.2 ghz in mac world is how many in pc world?

I would guess like... 1.6.

I would like one of those. It would save me a ton of space. But I don't know of many games for Macs so I'd rather stick with my PC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:28pm
I went to the Apple store the other day. My friend said Macs have no games. He was completeley wrong. They have all the games that my friend plays. Well, he is the type to lie about everything.
X
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by RenegadeGopher RenegadeGopher wrote:

Dell sucks, its just another OEM PC company, just like Gateway, just
like HP, just like Compaq.

Except that Dell stuff isn't total garbage, and they actually make some good products. Just because they don't cater to the 1337 g@m3rz market doesn't mean they're crap.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

I went to the Apple store the other day. My friend said Macs have no games. He was completeley wrong. They have all the games that my friend plays. Well, he is the type to lie about everything.

He is just mis-informed. Everyone thinks that there are no games for it, since that's what they've always been told by their leet CSer friends.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:39pm
I still prefer gaming on the PC over a mac anyday. It's cheaper, they are MORE games, and its more versatile. I would to have an Imac and keep my Dell. The Imac would be for video editing and my Dell for gaming.

Edited by Sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

He is just mis-informed. Everyone thinks that there are no games for it, since that's what they've always been told by their leet CSer friends.

Funny part is he sucks majorly at CS.
X
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:42pm
Wow.

Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

I still prefer gaming on the PC over a mac anyday. It's cheaper, they are MORE games, and its more versatile. I would to have an Imac and keep my Dell. The Imac would be for video editing and my Dell for gaming.

I think you're very right.
X
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:52pm

Funny part is he sucks majorly at CS.

Does that mean u got game? 1 v 1 if ya ever want to

SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Just because they don't cater to the 1337 g@m3rz market doesn't mean they're crap.

Four words:

Dell XPS Gen. 3

Edited by SeaWolf
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

Security Slot??

]

I'm assuming they mean like on laptops, where you can lock it to a desk or w/e, prevent theft.
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 11:00pm
I have a dell.  Simply becasue my step-dad bought it.  I realy have no need for a high dollar machine becuase I'm more of a console fan, and all I do on the computer is school work and surf the web...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic