Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x-chamber in cold weather???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dirknar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x-chamber in cold weather???
    Posted: 09 January 2005 at 3:40am

I was told that an X-chamber in cold wether(0-40) is a No-No?

that it actually deacreses pressure even less???

rtjrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtjrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 10:45am

No an X-chamber will help you from freezing up by not letting liquid CO2 into your gun.

NascarKevin24 View Drop Down
Can’t Stop Swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NascarKevin24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 1:16pm
Sorry you heard wrong it will help you alot however you will want to wear gloves or your hand might stick to the x chamber if it is cold enough

P!NK panther View Drop Down
Strike 2 - vulgar material (2/2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P!NK panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 1:49pm
ya that happened to me once
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:16pm
YEah expansion or X chambers help
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:23pm
Whoever told you that was mistaken, X-chambers are made FOR cold weather, they will help your co2 from freezing over. So if you're playing in the cold, you want one.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:58pm
For really cold weather you want to use an x-chamber or Palmer's Stabilizer(Palmer's is much better). Also use anti-syphon tubes on your tanks with a tank cover (they do make co2 tank covers). If you still have problems you can try to use a remote system, it will give the c02 liquid more time to convert to a gas.

Edited by BobbyG
My A-5 :

TheHoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 4:20pm
playing in 0-40* weather with co2 is not a good idea
Dirknar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:14pm

what about both an xchmbr and a remote coil.?

ya i ws messin around with it today outside..its about 25' degrees F and it was shootin pretty inconsistent.. if i would shoot a bnch of shots it would lose pressure fast.. thats also on a 20 oz tank..

i just got the gun yesterday thats why im messin with it..

and i have on order from www.actionvillage.com a remote.. a dead on xchamber and  a 12 oz bottle..

so you guys tell me is upgradeing to the xchmber really worth the money ? its only 25 bucks . becuase  i was thinking about calling them tommarrow to cancel the xchmbr??????

and the guy that told me that a xchamber doesnt work in the cold is a local shop "pro"????????

Edited by Dirknar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic