Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freedom of Speech, yea right....

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Joined: 20 December 2004
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 1137
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 10:22am
 I'm getting really tired of religious groups deciding what is moral and right for me. I want my vote on it taken for once. Historically it has always been about power,money, and control with any organized religion.  What is really right and wrong always takes a backseat. RRRRRRRRR!
Back to Top
Ajreaper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Paintballer and United States Marine

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajreaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 11:53am
While there is no doubt there has been some serious over reacting by virtually all involved in this situation some groups must also recognize they invite trouble by showing up where there is a legitimate chance they will not be welcome. I doubt singing songs is going to do anything to change a persons sexual preference and I doubt doing so in any way negatively affected the **edited** pride gathering either.

Edited by Ajreaper
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 12:55pm
There has to be parts of the story that we are not getting, most likely because the story was from a very conservative website; however, like Clark said, we will see as it pans out.
Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 1:26pm
    I'm glad they lost. I hate christians like that with the high and might additudes that think they have a right to tell everyone that they are living wrong. I mean, technically they do because of the first amendment but still, I hate it. I mean, if you are dumb enough to go into a large crowd of people and tell them that their very way of life is wrong and not expect trouble you need to be taken outside and beaten among other things. And personally I could justify every charge against them. Evangelists annoy me more than g.ay people do.

Back to Top
Slimz.357 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 October 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 399
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 1:45pm

^^^ Ummmm, right.   I don't think I'm going to touch that one.

Anyways, what you don't hear from the almighty major news networks is that facts surrounding the actual charges.
Facts like the Federal Justice worker who advised the officers on the scene as to what charges could be brought against the Christians was part of the **edited** parade.

I hate to jump on the "liberal protestors suck" bandwagon, but it explains many of the dumb charges.

"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
Back to Top
rockerdoode View Drop Down
Member
Member

one strike, flaming 7/15

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 76
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 2:48pm
I'd hate to jump on any band wagon...you shouldt have to have the exact same opinons as everyone else, you should be allowed to have your own.  But what theses bible huggers did was just stupid...
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Back to Top
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 05 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

I'd hate to jump on any band wagon...you shouldt have to have the exact same opinons as everyone else, you should be allowed to have your own.  But what theses bible huggers did was just stupid...


Theres been plenty of other things that homosexuals have done, like run in a church throwing condoms.  Were they presecuted for that? No.

And Dune, you say conservative websites?  I remember seeing an article from CNN.........

And every article weve seen so far hasn't said they were doing anything except singing and reciting verses.

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:10pm

Not correct, tippy.  The articles have said that they were interfering with the scheduled event, and failed to obey police orders to relocate.

There is also that charge of ethnic intimidation that I am curious about...

And this story is overwhelmingly reported on conservative/religious sites.  I had to look hard to find a neutral story like the Philly paper.  The one "g ay-side" story I found was just a repeat of a generic story.

The facts are not yet in on this one, but the available facts, IMO, subtly suggest that the hymn-singers were not all that innocent.

Back to Top
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 05 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Not correct, tippy.  The articles have said that they were interfering with the scheduled event, and failed to obey police orders to relocate.

There is also that charge of ethnic intimidation that I am curious about...

And this story is overwhelmingly reported on conservative/religious sites.  I had to look hard to find a neutral story like the Philly paper.  The one "g ay-side" story I found was just a repeat of a generic story.

The facts are not yet in on this one, but the available facts, IMO, subtly suggest that the hymn-singers were not all that innocent.



What makes you think they werent?

Just by reading the charges?  They'll charge you 4 or 5 charges for doing one thing......

I'm not trying to get on your bad side, but what reasons do you believe their not innocent?

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:20pm

My basic reason:  I am not a conspiracy theorist.  While innocent people may get charged, I generally do not believe that the police/prosecutors/judges are out to "get" anybody.

If somebody is charged with a crime, there is usually a reason.  They may later be found not guilty, but it will take a lot for me to believe that there is some political motivation for criminal charges.  Police and prosecutors are just people doing their jobs.

Secondly, the facts as presented appear to imply that the defendants were not merely standing on the curb singing hymns, but activily trying to interfere with the event  - either by physically inserting themselves, or by selecting particularly inflammatory sermon concepts.

The Klan is welcome to think black people are inferior, and to say so - they just can't do it in the middle of an NAACP rally.  Similarly, you can't go on about how evil homosexuality is at a g.ay rally.  They were (apparently) asked to go to a different area and refused.

People were arrested at both the Democratic and Republican conventions last year - not because their opinions were 'invalid,' but because they were being disorderly about it.

The substance of almost any speech is always ok.  The presentation not necessarily so.

 

EDIT - but I haven't read the actual charges - I can't find them.  I don't necessarily believe them guilty yet, I am only having a slight leaning in that direction.



Edited by Clark Kent
Back to Top
rockerdoode View Drop Down
Member
Member

one strike, flaming 7/15

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 76
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

I'd hate to jump on any band wagon...you shouldt have to have the exact same opinons as everyone else, you should be allowed to have your own.  But what theses bible huggers did was just stupid...


Theres been plenty of other things that homosexuals have done, like run in a church throwing condoms.  Were they presecuted for that? No.

And Dune, you say conservative websites?  I remember seeing an article from CNN.........

And every article weve seen so far hasn't said they were doing anything except singing and reciting verses.

hahahahaha...omg, like, i cant believe you guys are still taking this thread serioulsly after reading that...hahahahaha...

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Back to Top
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 05 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:49pm
^^^They really did.

And I agree Clark, There usually is a reason when people are charged.

Back to Top
MROD View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Joined: 07 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1370
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 4:01pm

If I was a homo then I'd probably be pretty pissed if the christians came in and did that. If I was in church and **edited**s threw a condom at me then I'd be pretty pissed as well.

There's got to be a reason for the charges, but overexageration is not out of the picture. Do I think it was right for them to do it? no. But, i do believe, they can as long as they do it peacefully. I'm thinking the inciting a riot charge means they said something that might not have been so peaceful.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 4:08pm
I wonder who is next when **edited**-bashing gets old?  I hope it's not fat people...
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 4:31pm

Clark answered the questions about the legitamacy of the articles. Unfortunately, they aren't very objective. There are many things about the law that citizens do not understand, only what they see on television. Refusing to move to a designated area to practice free speech does violate a few laws. The 47 years is just the possible maximum amount of time that a judge can sentence to those people, but extremely unlikely. Throwing condoms in a church does not constitute a broken law; however, most likely because no charges were made against them by the citizens. There was no law broken, mainly because there is no law on the books saying that people cannot throw condoms in a church, it's just highly inappropriate.

Back to Top
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Weren't the protests against Bush hate crimes then?


Maybe you should ask that question of the mass arrest victims at the time of the republican national convention.

Nice skewed viewpoint on that article.
Back to Top
impulse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 3- prejiduce/hate thread.

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6570
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 6:31pm
Gotta bump this.
6,600 posts. I need a lifE
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Weren't the protests against Bush hate crimes then?


Maybe you should ask that question of the mass arrest victims at the time of the republican national convention.

Nice skewed viewpoint on that article.

They were Anarchists, Enos.  FAUX News said so.  Besides, protesters make Baby Jeebus cry.

Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 6:51pm
wow, nice non biased website.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Quoted F and S bomb.

Joined: 14 August 2004
Location: Lao People’s Dem. Rep.
Status: Offline
Points: 1327
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Maybe this will teach some people that their message isnt always welcome. I know which side I am routing for.


Yea.  Homosexuals message just isn't welcome.

On a more serious note.  If that thing about the homos going into the church is true, and they were not arrested....


Edited by WGP guy
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.