Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
tipman_drew View Drop Down
how du u get a tilte?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipman_drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:22pm
i guess he does "bullet" i just like the kids like ur brothe that think there snipers and then u flank there ass that they have no clue where u r and the pop pop pop pop pop hit hit hit hit u shoot them right in the ass and prove to them there are no snipers in paintball just campers **edited** and newbs like ur bro and my cuz
tippmann 98c
drop foward
response trigger
expansion chamber
viewloader revelution
rocket cock 2
14" jandj barrel kit
polished internals
no hopper wabble
pen spring mod
24oz tank

MoNTYandTIMMoN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNTYandTIMMoN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 4:32pm
sniper........jees.  I remember when i was a newb too.  U cant snipe.  AT ALL!!!!!!!   First of all pb guns are innaccurate and second of all they dont shoot that far.  If ur "sniping" someone  ur probably within 150 feet and they could easily just shoot right back at you.

Do not tempt the lord!

MoNTYtheLoRD
Menohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:01pm
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by Menohl Menohl wrote:

Click here for the official end to the Sniper Argument

Why even bump this back up...its been 10 days since someone responded wit a comment.....GOD people will never learn!

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Menohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:22pm
Sorry, i didn't realize that someone can't have an opinion on a thread if its over 2 days old...

It was either this, or start a new thread, i just thought this was the lesser of two evils... i guess i was wrong.

In the future if a topic has a thread over 2 days old, i'll just start a new thread so we can flood this forum with dozens of threads about the same thing!

Edited by Menohl
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:43pm
Well why dont you make a sticky on it to end the BS.
Menohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:50pm
because i'm not a mod, and last time i looked, neither were you.

I wish the mods would sticky this, then we would not be having this argument.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:57pm
You see the FAQ up above....post it in there.
cornflakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornflakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by -PREDATOR- -PREDATOR- wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

Originally posted by -PREDATOR- -PREDATOR- wrote:

Actually there is snipers in paintball...Military words and paintball words have differnt definitions. Maybe some of you that hop on this forum and see someone with a 1,000 post count say there is no such thing as a sniper and instantly beleive them, your pretty dumb.

Anyways, for your 98 this would be a good setup if you like playing the sniper role.

• Flatline Barrel System
  • Red dot sight
  • Stock
  • Expansion Chamber (sniper or not)
  • Electronic hopper, revvy will do fine (sniper or not)
  • And a remote line.

You're pretty dumb. The ability to marginally outshoot other guns, and having a quite useless stock, in no way make you a sniper. try searching for "snipers" on this forum, I believe you will get 90+ results, and in those threads, you will find ex-military snipers who utterly trample and thoughts of paintball snipers.

you're the idiot buddy...go onto any paintball site...you'll find sniper gear...or a tactic site youll find, sniper tactics!!! and do you'll really think i care what a hick in the tippmann forum says about snipers?

sry i just wanted to qoute a qoute of a qoute, hahaha

spike-a-5
WDR-Tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDR-Tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 9:38pm

**looks left, then right**

Look, nobody will resolve anything by petty bickering over it.  Give it a rest, a little while anyway.  I mean, call yourself what you want.  The opinions already expressed have been.  Just, let it go.  Zen with me here.  Ooooohhhhmmmmmmm.....

-Tyger

Edited by WDR-Tyger
Yeah, "that" Tyger.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 9:41pm

I think if someone wants to be a sniper let them.  While I don't buy into Old Soldier's position on sniper's, his definition of the requirements is right on target.  I think there could be paintball snipers, but I am not one and have never met one.  I know a few people who come close, but they either do not meet all the requirements as listed or due to their style of play choose not to exercise all the skills required.  I think paintball snipers are probably much more rare than their real world counterparts due to technological limitations and a lack of discipline.  (The lack of discipline statement is not a slam; it's just that paintball is no where near as serious as military/police service is and that seriousness is a great motivator for the professionals in those career fields.)

WDR-Tyger said that potential paintball snipers (PPS) just want to feel "special".  So why don't we just tell them they are special and let them play how they want.  Some will do well and the rest will "camp" or "stalk" slowly (because that's what "snipers" do ) around the field and I will have a chance to catch up to the PPS and shoot them in the back.  I have a bad back and don't move very fast anymore so I like slow moving targets. 

Now for a curiosity question:  Why does almost everyone suggest mating a stock with the flatline barrel?  I have a flatline and love it.  At long ranges it is an outstanding tool for suppressive fire and at shorter ranges the flat trajectory is an advantage on the terrain I mostly play in.  I have a 68 cu. in./3000 psi tank screwed into the bottom line.  It has a neoprene cover on it.  I shove the tank against my shoulder and it seems to work fine.

Edited by Mack
Dawrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 8:47am

Ok... To the person who said "there are no snipers in paintball"   

I AM ONE!!!  And I never miss either.  

The last game I played, I layed under the snow.  Then, as three guys walked by, I shot each of them before they even knew what hit them.  So there ARE snipers in paintball.  First, buy yourself a Flatline.  They put backspin on the ball and will make your shots accurate.  As gravity pulls down on the ball, it will lift itself up due to backspin, creating a perfectly level shot.  They DONT lower the speed of the ball like some people say.  They are very good if you install them correctly. 

Then, buy some stock..  No not the kind from a company.  Buy some collapsable pro team f/x stock.  It is light and very durable.  Then, you can mount the gun on your shoulder and shoot level.  Buy a sight, and mount it on the end of the gun.  I found that buying the ADCO Hotshot sight comes with a great little mount.  I made a bracket for the mount.  It holds my 9x scope on the side of my 98 and it takes mere seconds to snap it off.

Then, take the reflector mount off of a bicycle, and snap it on the barrel.  Then, feed a keyring through it.  The stock will have a place for a strap to go, so put a keyring there too.  Then, go to Wal-Mart and buy a camera-case-sling.  Connect each end to the keyrings.  You now have a foolproof and cheap sling. 

Now, here is the fun part.  Every sniper needs a pack.  Buy the Wenger SOHO backpack.  Buy either the green or black one.  it has slots for anything paintball.  (its intended to be a laptop backpack, but it is GREAT for paintball) its vinyl is super easy to clean.  I strap the gun to the side of the backpack and annihilate with my A-5 when close combat is the game.  Otherwise, I lay back and shoot people in the butt from hundreds of feet away with the Flaltine. 

Good luck sniping...

Smart Parts Shocker SFT Vision
PE 48/3k
All-Am. 14" Barrel
Q-loader kit
Eggy2 Z-boarded
NDZ V3 He Bolt
34 bps

A-5, E-gripped
WAS board to come
16" Werks
JC F/X Stock
Q-loader
30 bps
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 9:19am
that was the funniest thing i have ever read
Saskimo04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saskimo04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 9:36am

In my mind the term sniper in the paintball world is someone with powerful gun with the ability to shoot accurately at longre ranges

And why is it such a big deal if someone says that they are a sniper? U guys make it sound like a freakin sin

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Dawrr Dawrr wrote:

The last game I played, I layed under the snow.  Then, as three guys walked by, I shot each of them before they even knew what hit them.  So there ARE snipers in paintball.  First, buy yourself a Flatline.  They put backspin on the ball and will make your shots accurate.  As gravity pulls down on the ball, it will lift itself up due to backspin, creating a perfectly level shot.  They DONT lower the speed of the ball like some people say.  They are very good if you install them correctly. 

Then, buy some stock..  No not the kind from a company.  Buy some collapsable pro team f/x stock.  It is light and very durable.  Then, you can mount the gun on your shoulder and shoot level.  Buy a sight, and mount it on the end of the gun.  I found that buying the ADCO Hotshot sight comes with a great little mount.  I made a bracket for the mount.  It holds my 9x scope on the side of my 98 and it takes mere seconds to snap it off.

Then, take the reflector mount off of a bicycle, and snap it on the barrel.  Then, feed a keyring through it.  The stock will have a place for a strap to go, so put a keyring there too.  Then, go to Wal-Mart and buy a camera-case-sling.  Connect each end to the keyrings.  You now have a foolproof and cheap sling. 

Now, here is the fun part.  Every sniper needs a pack.  Buy the Wenger SOHO backpack.  Buy either the green or black one.  it has slots for anything paintball.  (its intended to be a laptop backpack, but it is GREAT for paintball) its vinyl is super easy to clean.  I strap the gun to the side of the backpack and annihilate with my A-5 when close combat is the game.  Otherwise, I lay back and shoot people in the butt from hundreds of feet away with the Flaltine. 

Good luck sniping...

Make yer post alot clearer, yer a sniper in any scenario games (where they do exist) not in any woodsball games (where they dont exist)...

Menohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Dawrr Dawrr wrote:

The last game I played, I layed under the snow.  Then, as three guys walked by, I shot each of them before they even knew what hit them.  So there ARE snipers in paintball. 

Good luck sniping...

Just because you use cover to hide, then take out your opponents at close range from behind does not make you a sniper, by that reason you are saying that everyone who plays woodsball is a sniper.

Granted the flatline give you an extra 100 or so feet, but it by no means gives you a distance advantage that would be worth of the term sniping... Your accuracy at that extra 100 feet is going to be less than decent, and I seriously doubt that you would be able to hit someone at 220 feet firing only one shot, consistantly every time.

No one is saying that you are not stealthy, or a sneaky bugger, but we are saying that your not a sniper.

Edited by Menohl
Fatman Lash View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 1:13pm
Lets all put it at this and leave it at this. In Scenerio games, Rec games and woodsball there is a role that is based off a military sniper. Now while they may not be a military sniper, because of the close proximity of the two we can safely assume there is something like a sniper in paintball. I think the reason most people get edgy about this is because all the newbs think they are a sniper because they try to shoot from long distances. Now, if you have read the December 2004 issue of APG then you know there is a whole section about sniping in paintball, there are even pictures of people who are considered snipers and those who think there snipers. So what I am saying is that we agree on this, yes there is something very similar but different from snipers, but just because you try to shoot from a distance doesnt make you a sniper...... Do you understand what im saying? Im saying that the only kind of person who can truly say there a "paintball sniper" are those who shoot maybe 3 times in 5 minutes and shoot from the furthest distance possible. Im also saying that just because you think your shooting from a distance doesnt make put you into the role of a sniper.

Click banner to see my marker
jimbob07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 12:44pm
I wanted to be a sniper once ,but now i kill the competition that i realize THERE ARE NO SNIPERS IN PAINTBALL!!!!!!!!  gOSH
jimbob07
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 12:47pm

Damn MODS are like the cops....when you need one, theyre never around, but when you dont need one, theyre around....in this forums case....THEYRE NEVER AROUND!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 1:22pm

Having re-read a few of the arguments on here, I don't understand why some folks rush to close these threads.  I enjoy reading the well thought out/supported positions of OS and others.  I will admit to being annoyed by the folks (on either side of the argument) who have the arrogance to just proclaim their opinion as if their saying it makes it gospel truth. 

These threads will always be here, because new folks will always come in and post without searching.  Someone will always tell them to search and some of them will always be offended.  Some people who can spell and argue will provide very well supported positions while others who can't spell will resort to name-calling and proclamations.  Eventually it will end up in flames.  Maybe the mods (who I am sure are busy with real lives outside this forum-unlike me) are watching this and have decided to let it ride because mostly everyone is behaving and there are some good points being made for all the new players who might be reading this.  Additionally, having this here gives both the sniper and anti-sniper crowds a single place to post as opposed to having topics pop up all over the forum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic