Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

If you wish to be a sniper, either join the military to recieve the proper training to become one or join a scenario team and take part in one of those huge scenario type games like D-Day....but, if yer gonna say yer gonna be a sniper fer woodsball...."FERGET IT" theres no such thing as a sniper in woodsball....

A5 or 98c or whatever marker

Flatline Barrel 

Single trigger (double trigger if you feel more comfortable wit it)

There is no such thing as snipers in woodsball huh? Well thats stupid because there is and what you hopefully meant was that there was no snipers in speedball because I doubt anyone goes with a ghillie suit on a speedball course. And that one guy was right, thats stupid to think that there is no such things as snipers in paintball because there is and don't think there is just because some guy with alot of post said so. But don't feel stupid when you go to a scebario game and you got shot by a sniper and get pissed off.

Lasers (dont even bother)

Scopes (jus fer looks and to see further than what yer own beedy lil eyes can see)

Stocks (whatever which one you want)

Camoflauge clothing and gear (ghillie suits are useless)

Above all that....use yer brain, thats what God gave you as a gift, so use it wisely......

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by -PREDATOR- -PREDATOR- wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

Originally posted by -PREDATOR- -PREDATOR- wrote:

Actually there is snipers in paintball...Military words and paintball words have differnt definitions. Maybe some of you that hop on this forum and see someone with a 1,000 post count say there is no such thing as a sniper and instantly beleive them, your pretty dumb.

Anyways, for your 98 this would be a good setup if you like playing the sniper role.

• Flatline Barrel System
  • Red dot sight
  • Stock
  • Expansion Chamber (sniper or not)
  • Electronic hopper, revvy will do fine (sniper or not)
  • And a remote line.

You're pretty dumb. The ability to marginally outshoot other guns, and having a quite useless stock, in no way make you a sniper. try searching for "snipers" on this forum, I believe you will get 90+ results, and in those threads, you will find ex-military snipers who utterly trample and thoughts of paintball snipers.

you're the idiot buddy...go onto any paintball site...you'll find sniper gear...or a tactic site youll find, sniper tactics!!! and do you'll really think i care what a hick in the tippmann forum says about snipers?

So tell me, what makes you a sniper by having a flatline and a stock?
This should be good.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 6:30pm
Here is a bit o logic for ya........if just the fact that there are marketable items and web sites featuring "Santa Clause", "Easter Bunny", etc by the logic of -PREDATOR- each of these also exsist.

Because someone preys on the lack of knowledge of individuals and market "sniper" items, and some non proffesionals "teach" based on a false concept does not mean "paintball snipers" exsist. Still I look and to this day not one of our "sniper" wanna-bes have actually described the tactical application of a "sniper" in the realm of close "paintball" combat, where the weapons are of equal range and or accuracy, and the one overriding tactical aspect of the skill, "to engage the enemy with accurate select fire from outside of immediate visual aquisition range of accurate return direct or suppression fire" is violated, negating the tactical application of the skill and changing the contact by tactical definition to an "ambush".

"Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh MY"

PS...My "Interdiction Rifle" consists of a SL68II (mod) 16in SL-CA barrel, siphon bottle, 5 rd tube(10rd cut down)NATO STANO spotting scope mounted off center

Quiz, What is the differance between the proven paintball application of an "Interdiction Rifleman" and the percieved application of a "paintball sniper"....

This should be good..............................

Edited by oldsoldier
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 6:36pm
guys juust stop talking about snypers i'm sick of these threads the kid asked a ? so just answer it don't argue about wheater there are snipers or not

Edited by VTpaintballer
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by 98c Dude13 98c Dude13 wrote:

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

If you wish to be a sniper, either join the military to recieve the proper training to become one or join a scenario team and take part in one of those huge scenario type games like D-Day....but, if yer gonna say yer gonna be a sniper fer woodsball...."FERGET IT" theres no such thing as a sniper in woodsball....

A5 or 98c or whatever marker

Flatline Barrel 

Single trigger (double trigger if you feel more comfortable wit it)

There is no such thing as snipers in woodsball huh? Well thats stupid because there is and what you hopefully meant was that there was no snipers in speedball because I doubt anyone goes with a ghillie suit on a speedball course. And that one guy was right, thats stupid to think that there is no such things as snipers in paintball because there is and don't think there is just because some guy with alot of post said so. But don't feel stupid when you go to a scebario game and you got shot by a sniper and get pissed off.

Lasers (dont even bother)

Scopes (jus fer looks and to see further than what yer own beedy lil eyes can see)

Stocks (whatever which one you want)

Camoflauge clothing and gear (ghillie suits are useless)

Above all that....use yer brain, thats what God gave you as a gift, so use it wisely......

Were you tryin to quote me on something? And if you were....you need to read it more closely.....snipers only exist in "SCENARIO GAMES" not in "WOODSBALL"....use yer brain there is a difference between the 2 games.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:15pm
man all sniper posts end up to be this way and not even toward to answering the persons ? about what stuff to get
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by VTpaintballer VTpaintballer wrote:

man all sniper posts end up to be this way and not even toward to answering the persons ? about what stuff to get

Why would I answer a question about a figment of someones imagination? I'm not going to say snipers don't exist in paintball, and then go off and tell someone what they need to be a sniper.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:22pm
no just answer his ? about what type of things you need to be a sniper and then state your small opinion on it
WDR-Tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDR-Tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:24pm

This has gotten old.  Lemme see if I can get in before the lock.

People like to feel "special".  If you're part of an exclusive "club", then that makes you better than everyone else in your mind.  It's why people brag about being part of a given "golf club" or they can get into a resturant while you can't.  And so it goes with paintball.  People want to be percieved to be better than the average.  They want to show that they have skills, or status, that others do not.  Some players find this status in being a "Tournament" player, some by being "Sponsored", or a "field team" player and so on.

I feel that the whole "sniper" thing is a case of players wanting to feel special.  There's an air of mystery around the name "sniper", because nobody is 100% sure outside of the service what they really do.  It makes a player sound dangerous, lethal.  It creates a distance between a normal paintball player and themselves in percieved skill level.  "I'm a sniper!  I can sit in the back unseen and shoot you at any time."  It makes a normally mundane player feel more than the average.  They wear the "shaggy suit" and they get noticed, because it's different than everyone else at the field.  They dress the part, and they claim to play the part, and since there's no way to completely disprove the "sniper" player in the woods anyone can call themselves one.

"I didn't see you in the woods that game."  "No kidding!  I'm a sniper, remember!"  Well allrighty then....

So the debate, as it is, lives on partially because players need to feel special.  They need to keep the fantasy going that they are better than the average player.  Now this isn't to say that they have no skills, only that they feel a need to create a label for themsleves that makes them seem higher in ranking than just a "rec-player".  I know  alot of people who call themselves "Snipers" who really can play, but I also know a lot of (for lack of a better term) kids who buy into the term as a way to try and set themselves apart from others.

IMHO, that's the only reason this debate continues on and on.  If there were a ranking system, this wouldn't be a problem.  But, paintball has no way to really tell what skill level you are, so people have to use terms that they can find to describe themselves.  And "sniper" is one of them.

I still don't think that there is such a thing as a "paintball sniper".  There are sharpshooters who can longball you at over 200 feet, there are players who can do incredible things with camo, there are people who can sneak into your shorts and you'd never know it, but because of the definition of the role in military and police settings, I don't see paintball players filling the definition.  So therefore, there are no paintball snipers.

I know this post will stir up trouble, but it's just one player's opinion.

-Tyger

Yeah, "that" Tyger.
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:28pm

no just answer his ? about what type of things you need to be a sniper and then state your small opinion on it

Did you just ignore what I said? How can I say what he needs to be a paintball sniper if there is no such thing as a paintball sniper?

Are you daft?
PB_freak-04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB_freak-04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by WDR-Tyger WDR-Tyger wrote:

This has gotten old.  Lemme see if I
can get in before the lock.

People like to feel "special".  If you're part of an exclusive
"club", then that makes you better than everyone else in your
mind.  It's why people brag about being part of a given "golf
club" or they can get into a resturant while you can't.  And so it
goes with paintball.  People want to be percieved to be better
than the average.  They want to show that they have skills, or
status, that others do not.  Some players find this status in being
a "Tournament" player, some by being "Sponsored", or a "field
team" player and so on.

I feel that the whole "sniper" thing is a case of players
wanting to feel special.  There's an air of mystery around the
name "sniper", because nobody is 100% sure outside of the
service what they really do.  It makes a player sound
dangerous, lethal.  It creates a distance between a normal
paintball player and themselves in percieved skill level.  "I'm a
sniper!  I can sit in the back unseen and shoot you at any time." 
It makes a normally mundane player feel more than the
average.  They wear the "shaggy suit" and they get noticed,
because it's different than everyone else at the field.  They
dress the part, and they claim to play the part, and since there's
no way to completely disprove the "sniper" player in the woods
anyone can call themselves one.

"I didn't see you in the woods that game."  #ff0000>"No kidding!  I'm a sniper, remember!"[/
COLOR>  Well allrighty then....

So the debate, as it is, lives on partially because players
need to feel special.  They need to keep the fantasy going that
they are better than the average player.  Now this isn't to say
that they have no skills, only that they feel a need to create a
label for themsleves that makes them seem higher in ranking
than just a "rec-player".  I know  alot of people who call
themselves "Snipers" who really can play, but I also know a lot
of (for lack of a better term) kids who buy into the term as a way
to try and set themselves apart from others.

IMHO, that's the only reason this debate continues on and
on.  If there were a ranking system, this wouldn't be a problem. 
But, paintball has no way to really tell what skill level you are,
so people have to use terms that they can find to describe
themselves.  And "sniper" is one of them.

I still don't think that there is such a thing as a "paintball
sniper".  There are sharpshooters who can longball you at over
200 feet, there are players who can do incredible things with
camo, there are people who can sneak into your shorts and
you'd never know it, but because of the definition of the role in
military and police settings, I don't see paintball players filling
the definition.  So therefore, there are no paintball snipers.

I know this post will stir up trouble, but it's just one player's
opinion.

-Tyger

well said tyger.

tyger even has a video of this on his site. www.webdogradio.us
Capt.EAST COAST CREW**

www.autocockerhelp.tk
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

Did you just ignore what I said? How can I say what he needs to be a paintball sniper if there is no such thing as a paintball sniper?

Are you daft?

i heard or read what you said but what i said is still answer the ? no matter what your opinion and then give your opinion

sniper44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:23pm
dont listen 2 the people who say there no snipers there jelus cause thev cant reach us when we are shooting them  so u have to get a flat line then a stock [car stock] then remote then adco shure shot laser scope [dragons den] in that order
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:34pm
if you shoot at a far range it will most likely bounce off ya
WDR-Tyger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDR-Tyger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:36pm

Originally posted by sniper44 sniper44 wrote:

dont listen 2 the people who say there no snipers there jelus cause thev cant reach us when we are shooting them  so u have to get a flat line

Umm...

If you're not shooting a flatline, and you're outranging me, then I'm gonna wanna see a chrony on that bad boy, 'k?

And if ya ARE shooting a flatline, don't be shocked when I catch your ball out of the air and shoot it back.  Been there, done that. 

-Tyger

Yeah, "that" Tyger.
PB_freak-04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB_freak-04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:38pm
^^^
Capt.EAST COAST CREW**

www.autocockerhelp.tk
Eyeball98c View Drop Down

Guested - Complete immaturity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eyeball98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 9:39pm

i think their can b snipers but im stayin neutral...but u need a stock but i hear u cant aim better with em. but u need a barrel, and maybe a scope. just to aim better not to see farther. and a remote if u want one. im a newb so just listen to them... lol

i just have to say this so guys plz dont flame me im postin my opinion just like everyone else... u dont nessesarally have to go through years of training to b a sniper. you dont have to shoot someone from 19471946 yards away. and u dont have to have all that camo and crap. and wat if they get close...u see that lil thing ur finger is on...PULL IT. gosh. and like yall that were sayin like 500 yards and stuff and never miss...HELLO, nobodies perfect, im pretty sure a few snipers missed at least once before in their lifetime...and to snipe someone in p.b. u have to get a LIL bit closer, that doesnt mean ur not snipin peeps.

ok thats just my opinion dudez so still PLZ for the love of god dont flame me for this, its just retarted....

Save our planet by helping conserve oxygen......go kill yourself
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 9:52pm
ummmm, im gunna stay neutral on this one...........
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
sportdeamon89 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportdeamon89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:39pm
omg this is so **edited**ing stupid.  Why the hell would u start up another topic on Snipers, I have lost count on how many there have been and EVERY one has led to an argument.  There are NO snipers in paintball.  Don't listen to those rambling morons AKA: -PREDATOR-.  I swear, that stupid kid gets dumber and dumber with every post.  The only reason he is useful is because it is funny as hell when everyone constantly rags on his ass for being such a moron.  If u want to shoot far though, I would suggest the Flatline.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Trigger
Flatline (woodsball only)
14" Ultralite
Car Stock (woodsball only)
R-T (not installed)
Shocktech Gas-thru Grip
Macro-Line
NW Drop Forward
68/4500 Nitro Duck Xstream
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:44pm

Most of those that are percieved as "Snipers " by others are those that have a higher skill set , and use it on the field .

I play speedball with an SL 68-II , I dont shoot but maybe 40 shots a game Tops , usually 3 - 5 kills too , That make me a sniper ?, Nah , that make me a better shot ?, Maybe , that make me a better player ? Sometimes.

Lots of kids call me a sniper, but I dont consider myself one , anybody on that field , that I can reach out and touch , can just as easily touch me back , so there goes the primary definition of what a sniper would be , "someone who can engage and eliminate the target from beyond the range of effective return fire" .

I am wholeheartedly with WDR-Tyger on what he said about flatlines too . flatlines work in very limited situations , such as heavy  overhanging growth , but other than that , they are a Gee-Whiz Product , I'll put my old SL68-II up against ANY Flatline out there , at the same velocity , and if you can hit me, I can hit you !!

Dont get me wrong , when I first got into the sport with my trusty PGP pump pistol , almost 20 years ago , I got my Burlap killing suit on , and guess what I called myself ?? Ya, I'd sit by the trailside, hidden , and Blast the first dude to walk by carrying a paintball gun, Problem was, his buddy right behind him more often than not got me out immediately after that , LOL !!

This whole debate is kinda like arguing about who had the Hottest wet dream .

The game of paintball , whether its speedball ,or woods , is based upon the glorified fantasy of combat . Let those that wish to call themselves "Snipers" have their fantasy (along with being Great targets for the Infantry Ambush types out there ) they will learn soon enough, and gather some valuable bruises along the way (It took me about 4 of those 1/2 day games to realize I wasnt doing my team much good ) .

Rant off , Nite all . Peace Tyger !

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic