Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best mainstream computer manufacturer

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Best main stream computer manufacturer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [18.18%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
8 [72.73%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best mainstream computer manufacturer
    Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:38pm
Please dont say Ibuypower or build your own. I just want to see the best overall computer manufacturer for regular use and or gaming. I believe Dell is the best.
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:44pm
Falcon Northwest

"Don't you hate pants?"
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:46pm
Well, the best is building your own, because you usually save a lot more money.  Otherwise, all of those choices for gaming suck.  But I guess dell would be the winner.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
nforcer4 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nforcer4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:46pm

Alienware.

EDIT hands down there best gaming pc they come stock tricked out dell phhhh

Edited by nforcer4
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:47pm

Ive worked with a lot of Dells and all i can say is that they tend to mess themselves up. For example, my sister uses her Dell for Internet/schoolwork/and aim. Thats it. I tell her to run a virus scan and spybot once a week. But 3 times a file has corrupted itself on it and ive had to reinstall xp.

My parents recently bought a VAIO, so far im very impressed with it. The only problem i have with it was that you had to make your own windows boot cd's. But thats not a big deal, they guide you through the process if you dont know how to do it already. And that way its a lot more user friendly. What i found with Dell was that some drivers are painstakingly (sp?) hard to find on the cd. Took me 40 min to find the right internet drivers on my sisters Dell. And i eveninstalled all the ones that were for the Ethrenet port numerous times. With the VAIO all the drivers for the components and the XP install are all on one cd and installed once XP is installed.

I also like Sony's answer to the MAC. Its pretty much built the same way as a mac, except its a PC. Go to Circuit City or something to check it out. Its very noticable.

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:48pm

i have a dell that is about 3 years old, it was THE top of the line when it came out. Still runs great.

-me

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:51pm
If i had 5 grand, I'd blow it on Alienware, ABS, Voodoo, or Falcon Northwest. Please dont say choices that arent on the list. I like Dells because i have an 8300 which is 18 months old, and I put a 6800 into it (really easily) and im putting a new soundcard into it tommorrow. The system has never crashed, its easy to upgrade, and its pretty fast.
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:51pm
hp all the way.
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
nforcer4 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nforcer4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:56pm

then just buy a nice case all the parts you like put those in and get lynix or xp

EDIT i just red that part not to post this

Edited by nforcer4
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:01pm
If you absolutely must get an OEM PC, Dell is the best.

Apples aren't really comparable to PCs. That shouldn't be up there.. they're built for completely different purposes.

Gateway isn't that great (nice boxes though), HP/Compaq are absolute crap, and Sony... well, I Saw a sony desktop with a neat little case that had a panel that slid around. Went to mess with it, and it was flimsy as thick paper. A 2-cent piece of metal would have fixed it... Sony should stick with regular electronics.

If you can't/won't build a PC, get a Dell. I probably would have built a PC myself when I got this one, but I got this 8250 and love it to death. No problems whatsoever with the computer itself, only XP.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:04pm
dude ur getting a dell
Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:09pm
For gaming, well no decent OEM gaming machine can be had for a reasonable price so I will disregard that criterea.  I would go with Dell, for every day use they hold up well if the user isn't a bumbling idiot who clicks on every popup he sees.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:15pm
Ailenwares are EXCELLENT, the problem is they charge about $100 for a toothpick.

If you have the cash, go with them.

Of the ones listed I would say Dell.  Their ads annoy me but their products are good.

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic