FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Canadians give opinion please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadians give opinion please
    Posted: 27 December 2004 at 9:54pm

Since Canada is used as the example, I want to get the Canadian viewpoint here please...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140742,00.html

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 9:57pm
I'm not too knowledgable about stuff like this, but that article seems biased against the things that have changed in Canada, in a very subtle way.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 9:59pm
I say screw that noise. I dont think that people not beleiving in christianity caused any of those problems they were talking about. I know that yeah, we're more open to some things, and it's not because of lack of religion, that is just another thing we're open to, not being a particular religion (if any).

Others?

(I'll think about this more, and might add things)
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:09pm
Cristmass as a holiday IS a religious holiday and there for IS EVRYTHING to DO with religion.  Regulating the religious symbols and words for the  holiday  traditions for a holiday derived around a religion is STUPID politically correct BULLPOOP.

As for the rest of that thing i have no clue but i can say our military is poor (IS definatly "exsitant" though).  **edited**s shuld be imprisond in mental hospitals as they are INDEFINATLY WRONG and in other word mentally sick screw giving them ANY more rights they got too many as is if i had my way theyg all be SHOT.  Drug decriminalization is eqaully stupid.  If all this stuff hit the fan ill be looking for a new QUIETER provence (For you us guy Provence=state).  I wish i had the $$$ to move to BC i am really starting to HATE Ontario.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:14pm
Yeah, we did have a great army, second strongest in the world, as I recall, but we sold it all off due to lack of need, and since then it's been poorly underfunded, and never recovered.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:16pm
Christmas is a holiday, yes a Christian holidy, but most non Christians still celebrate it. ALl of my Buddhuist friends celebrate it, and most of them dont even know what it means. If atheism is a religion, then isnt not having any Christian floats favoring their religion? I believe people are starting to take their freedom to the max, this didnt use to happen, people just abided by the rules.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:19pm
"The age of consent for sex is 14 years. That means if you're an adult and you have sex with a 15-year-old, that's fine."

omg i just learned that. i gota run to my friends place and visit his mom!

thats also more proof that canada has lots of freedom

Edited by 636andy636
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

paintballer2584 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:20pm
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:21pm
^^^^ But the holiday ORIGINATED from the christans there for if another religon wishs to adopt his holiday they can Stick it in there behinds and deal with the christians words and decorations. 
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

"The age of consent for sex is 14 years. That means if you're an adult and you have sex with a 15-year-old, that's fine."

omg i just learned that. i gota run to my friends place and visit his mom!

thats also more proof that canada has lots of freedom

I beleive its 14 in some parts of the US too.

You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:43pm
I really hate it when they insinuate that you can't have morals without being religious.....I mean, I do not believe in God but I'm against abortion, legal drugs, "redistrubution", and all that stuff he said except **edited** marriage and I still think thats yucky but constitutionally protected. It really erks me also when christians blame all of the crap thats wrong with the world on non-christians.....they are just as much to blame as any group on this planet. But whatever, we all knew that Bill O'Rielly was an idiot....He and Bill Mahar(sp?) should be taken off the air.

Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 11:48pm
Everyone freaks when things change. That's just human nature. But stop and think about it. Even the Christmas traditions have changed thoughout history. The Christians didn't even invent it. They have just repackaged it to thier liking and sold it to the masses. Why do we have to always be so certain that "THEY" are always wrong. No matter who or what the "THEY" are. We are only having a backlash at organized religion because of the percieved new acceptance by our goverment to use it to justify what they are doing or not doing. That scares everyone who isn't religious,and doesn't want it thrust upon them.The pendulum will swing the other way in a while, so we have something different to freak out about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic