FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

merry christmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:03pm
You're the one that was talking about private land. Public land, government land, is what I was talking about.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:03pm
That happy christmas hannakukwanza whatever is stupid. There is no need to mix the religions and their importances. And no happy demonital winter or whatever becasue December the 25th. is CHRISTMAS. The day we celebrate the birth of Christ. You can't change the meaning of a holiday to make some whiners happy.

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:04pm

Man, you act like this season only has one holiday.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:06pm
No, becasue no one complains about Kwanza, which is a reletively new holiday anyway, or Hanaku, they only complain about Christmas. And Hanaku is well over before Christmas.

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:07pm

I agree that it is complained about the most. However, if there was a blatant biased of any religion by the government, regardless of what it is, then it should be removed, or all other religions should be represented.

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

You're the one that was talking about private land. Public land, government land, is what I was talking about.

First of all, i was talking about how the government CANT force people to take down decorations. SECOND i was reiterating all you're stupid posts about how people shouldnt put decorations up that offend people.

And in truth, Fractus, shocker, and myself are defending all holidays from being able to put up decorations.

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

That happy christmas hannakukwanza whatever is stupid. There is no need to mix the religions and their importances. And no happy demonital winter or whatever becasue December the 25th. is CHRISTMAS. The day we celebrate the birth of Christ. You can't change the meaning of a holiday to make some whiners happy.

Fine, sorry I caught you in the middle of your period.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:10pm
Good lord, you have not payed attention. I only stated that people (THE GOVERNMENT) should not be able to put up decorations in bias towards any religion, as they have done recently in my town. I have said in previous posts that people can put whatever they want out on their own property. You need to read first.
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:11pm

Ohh it's ok. (MROD)

Well not putting up Christmas decorations is being biased to the millions of believers. Or is it Billions?

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:12pm

Good lord, you have not payed attention. I only stated that people (THE GOVERNMENT) should not be able to put up decorations in bias towards any religion, as they have done recently in my town. I have said in previous posts that people can put whatever they want out on their own property. You need to read first.

No one puts up biased decorations. If you consider the nativity scene biased thatn you have problems.

And you're complainging about someone putting decorations up on their own property...

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:14pm

No I'm not, what are you reading? Putting up only a nativity scene on the COURTHOUSE (It's government owned land) and refusing to put up any other decorations is definitely biased.

If it was a large decoration for Kwanza, all the Christians would be **edited**ing.

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:15pm

No I'm not, what are you reading? Putting up only a nativity scene on the COURTHOUSE (It's government owned land) and refusing to put up any other decorations is definitely biased.

If it was a large decoration for Kwanza, all the Christians would be **edited**ing.

well good job mentioning that now....What makes you think you can insult others without even giving the extent of your arguement?

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:16pm
I have been stating this the entire time.
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:16pm
No, because Kwanza hasent started yet and Hanaku is over so there is no reason for those decorations. And you can't say it isn't Christmas because it's advent.

Benny go home!
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:17pm
So, in honor of my religion's upcoming holiday, if I hung used condoms and used tampons all over a school or heck, my county owned place of employment, no one should be mad or offended since no one is forcing them to look at it?

I bet the outcry would be great.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:17pm
Well Chirstmas hasn't started yet either, so we should only put it up for one day then. If one goes up, they all go up, or they all come down.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:18pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

So, in honor of my religion's upcoming holiday, if I hung used condoms and used tampons all over a school or heck, my county owned place of employment, no one should be mad or offended since no one is forcing them to look at it?

I bet the outcry would be great.

Condoms and tampons, I think we're the same religion.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:19pm
The nativity also refers to the 4 weeks of advent before Christmas, did you not read my above post?

Benny go home!
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:22pm

Condoms and tampons, I think we're the same religion.

Life, Death, and Fertility all rolled into one.

Edited by Hades

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:22pm
All religions deserve the same treatment, respect, and acknowledgement. Then only a Merry Christmas sign will go up for one day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic