FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

merry christmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:45pm
That's still not a good enough reason for schools and courthouses (like the one in my town) to place nativity scenes or things of that nature up.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:47pm
Yes it is. Get over it. Freedom OF Religion not freedom FROM religion.

Benny go home!
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:48pm

Its not only atheists that do this, most religions do to.

I saw this one thing on the news where they kids couldnt sing religious xmas songs in their play because it could offend non christians/catholics.

This country is full of stupid people. We just lock this people up, keep them beatings, then ask them which would they rather have, beatings or xmas carols? 

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:48pm

No it's not, what part of government not showing prejudice to one religion do you not understand. There is no freedom if the government shows bias.

So what should be allow, everything to do with Christianity?

Edited by Dune
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:52pm
It's not biased. During Christmas theres Nativities. Hannaku (sp) manuras (sp) Kwanza, ummm whatever their symbol is. I don't complain about Happy Hannaku signs during that week and you shouldnt complain about Nativities. And what should the government do everything atheists want becasue maybe that offends me and the millions of Christians who live here?

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

No right should be taken away, just like everyone can display what they want infront of their home. However, no religion should be given more acknowledegment in public, government owned areas.

and why not? it's just people getting in the holiday spirit and expressing their religion...what's wrong with having christmas, hannukah, kwanza whatever the hell you celebrate, decorations out in the park or in front of a building...those people have rights...it's not hurting anyone or causing problems...they're celebrating their religiion during one of their biggest holidays...man everytime one of these jerks makes these whole ban everything religiously related during the holidays reminds me of hte south park mr. hankey the christmas  poo episode...just get rid of everything...even mistletoe...

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:52pm

No it's not, what part of government not showing prejudice to one religion do you not understand. There is no freedom if the government shows bias.

If you put a buddah statue out, someone may complain, but noones going to do anything about it.

Just as shocker said, I believe the views of other religions are wrong.  I dont hate their temple, church, etc....  or the people in them.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:53pm
If they are placed on governmental property they should not be there. Are you even reading or just ignorantly posting? If a Happy Kwanzaa sign is posted on a courthouse lawn, with no other recognitions, it should be removed as well.
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:55pm

It shouldnt be removed they should just place a nativity and manura.

Benny go home!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:55pm

where the heck are you getting these arguments from? just because someone is christian and puts out a nativity scene doesn't make them religously biased...by all means someone can stick a huge manora(sp?) out in the front of a school if their very religious in judiasm(sp?) i don't mind they have the right to do their thing...i'm not taking it as "we're jewish all the other religions suck"...i'm happy for them...it's nice to see people with some holiday cheer...not like the assholes that just try to get rid of all religous holidaysand decorations from being publicized

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

It shouldnt be removed they should just place a nativity and manura.

no they shouldn't have to do that...but if anyone feels like putting one up then by all means go ahead...they have the right to celebrate their religion and not have to keep it equal with the other holidays

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:57pm
Thank you shacker, couldnt have said it better myself. Those people really annoy me.

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:57pm

The point is, that if a municipal government, such as my own, refuses to place any other religion's festivities out other than a nativity scene, then it should be removed.

You guys act like I'm talking about people's homes, for the last time, this refers to public property, where citizens cannot just go place what they want wherever they want.

Edited by Dune
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:58pm

A happy kwanza sign CANT be put on a court house law. Seperation of church and state. And thats not even the point. The point is people can put holiday/religious decorations out on their lawn, office, church, whatever the hell they want because they government shouldnt not and really cant interfere with it.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. IGNORE IT. No one is forcing you to stare at the nativity scene because you dont like it. Morons in this world today.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:59pm
Very sorry to double post, slow computer, I agree, there is no need to be "Equal" If they want to put up a manura then fine, Nativity great, this whole :political correctness" is stupid.

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:00pm
I actually think you aren't reading the posts Vision. I was not talking about private property.
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:00pm
either am i tard. go re read the post.
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:01pm

They should a big sign up sying Happy Chrismahanukwanzica, but even that would angry the atheists. The best bet is Happy Non-Denominational Winter Season

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

The point is people can put holiday/religious decorations out on their lawn, office, church, whatever the hell they want because they government shouldnt not and really cant interfere with it.

Not talking about private land? I'm the tard?

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:02pm

are you really that stupid?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic