Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skill or Gun

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Is it the gun or the skill that wins you a game?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
120 [88.89%]
15 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

Its all about the gun. Why else would they be $1400?

The answer is simple, because some people are too dumb to question the price tag and will pay outrageous amounts of money for a gun. A high price tag doesn't mean a thing. I could buy a stingray II and try to sell it for $1000, that doesn't make it a good gun at all. My friend bought a dragon timmy for about $1400 and he has so many problems with that thing. My $400 98 is more reliable than his timmy and the only advantage he has is ROF which I couldn't care less about. I can hit like 10 bps and that's plenty for me, I rarely even need to shoot that fast, let alone faster. People love to buy things just because they're expensive and assume that they're paying for what they get, which tends to be wrong in most cases, and these companies love it because they're making tons of cash off of the ignorance of their customers. A lot of guns being sold at high price tags should really go for hundreds cheaper but they keep their high price because people will pay it.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Back to Top
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1624
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 6:12pm

Without the skill, I let you have a 2500 dollar gun, My pump owns JOO !!

Edit : That'd be my Cheap Pump,,



Edited by Shadowminion
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 11:52am
Originally posted by A5player A5player wrote:

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

Its all about the gun. Why else would they be $1400?

probably because your buying a name. For example, why does a harley davidson cost so much? Because of the name. It doesnt mean it's the best, but that name has built a reputation, just like the name angel, e-blade cocker, and shocker. You hear those names and everyone of us automatically thinks of a great gun. It's skill all the way though

He was joking. Way to buy way to much into his joke.

Back to Top
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Platinum Member in disguise

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6355
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 1:36pm
It works all to well
Back to Top
j2duhr View Drop Down
Member
Member

GUESTED FILTER DODGE & F-BOMB

Joined: 05 March 2004
Location: China
Status: Offline
Points: 1651
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j2duhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 1:57pm
Well your on the forum with like 9year olds...
yay do i win?
Back to Top
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Yes, spelled secual.

Joined: 12 September 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7951
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 10:30pm

70% skill 25% gun 4% luck 1% cheating ablity(u no u have tried it)

 



Edited by cdacda13
Back to Top
pballa818 View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 19 December 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 298
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by A5player A5player wrote:

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

Its all about the gun. Why else would they be $1400?

probably because your buying a name. For example, why does a harley davidson cost so much? Because of the name. It doesnt mean it's the best, but that name has built a reputation, just like the name angel, e-blade cocker, and shocker. You hear those names and everyone of us automatically thinks of a great gun. It's skill all the way though



thats the worst example ever.... please dont talk about something u dont know, even if u have a harley, it looks like u dont know much about it cas its not the name that makes the price so high, its the quality, you know how long harleys last?...
Back to Top
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Joined: 13 December 2004
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 1015
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 9:15am
Originally posted by ss88 ss88 wrote:

Im sick of people arguing that the gun is what makes you win, and its the skill that makes you win.

you got that right my friend thinks its the other way
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Back to Top
Tippmenn9804 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 26 December 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmenn9804 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 10:47am

i think its what that dude said ^^^ 75% skill 24% luck 1% gun

because say two guys are in a war and one has a eradicator (sucky)

and the other had an angel (good) and the one with the eradicator has skill and the one with angel has no skill then the one with the eradicator is hopping around shooting the one with the angel and the one with the angel is firing rounds after rounds off and is hitting nothing but thin air thats when my logic comes into play (well whoevers logic it is)    

Tippmann 98 custom
Dye Ultralite barrel

love **edited**gers



                        (& nbsp;  so far)
P.S. just got it

Back to Top
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Took down Mike Tyson

Joined: 13 July 2004
Location: Philly
Status: Offline
Points: 6454
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 1:00pm
80% skill
20% gun
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 2:31pm

93% what you say on the internet, 6.9% the gun you have, .1% cheating.

(skill dosnt matter)

Back to Top
pballa818 View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 19 December 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 298
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

93% what you say on the internet, 6.9% the gun you have, .1% cheating.

(skill dosnt matter)



lol

Back to Top
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Joined: 17 November 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1157
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 4:32pm
The main use of having an awesome gun is the intimidation factor.

Its a combination:
Skill: 65%
Gun: 30%
Luck: 5%

This is true if all the players have reasonably similar guns. (Within $1000)
Back to Top
MurderersRow View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 May 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 79
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurderersRow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:20pm
luck has nothing to do with it, unless you mean coincedince (excuse my spelling)
"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated" "Pain is temporary, pride is forever" "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take" <- All I have to say is ACCURACY BY VOLUME!
Back to Top
red_alert204 View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 23 April 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 366
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:54pm
Ok here my take on this.  The gun can help the player alot depending on the type of person.  Take me for example or anyone who has a low self esteem, they will know what to do and how to do but dont apply themselves because with there gun its almost as you just dont want to try because you think you suck.  I played one day and did alright next day I got my angel did very well.  I was applying myself and playing bunkers correctly.  Either i got really good over night or my new gun gave me more confidence.  It may sound really dumb but is true for me and others I know.  A couple weeks ago I played and was doing good then my angel stopped working and had to use a rental and I wasnt doing things right I was scared to make moves.......  Think it about it and it makes sense for some people
Red Proto Matrix
Black Check It Uni Mount
Back to Top
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Jumping...is useless!

Joined: 05 July 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:56pm

Agreed...

My 0.2

10%skill 10%gun 10%luck 10%paint color 10%opposition 10%playing surface 10%trigger sensitivity 10%weather conditions 10%your post count 10%time 10%date 10%year

Edited by 2k4kev

KH ARMY>you
Back to Top
Dave_09 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 November 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 7:05pm

Originally posted by radical_paint radical_paint wrote:

its the gun that makes the playa..... skill aint nuffin with out a gun yo

 

wow

Back to Top
Tybmx2006 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 September 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 55
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tybmx2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 11:27am
it's all about skill.

YOUR WRONG, IM RIGHT!
i think it is all about skill, i could send one of my friends out into a paintball game and they will have a angel, or a dm5, and they would loose, because they dont know any good tacticts. It takes time to  build up experience and be able to conquer the competition. Some people think by buying a high end gun, they buy the years of experience, i know that i can beat a spyder anyday, a a-5 anyday, and a spyder electro anyday, becuase i spend more time on skills, and i know that buying the gun does not make you that good. I have a tippmann, and it may not shoot fast, but i can still kick a dm5 or a angels ass if i really tried.
Back to Top
Fast Splat View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 762
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 5:43pm
It's both. Sometimes the gun and sometimes the person. Look at Tippmann Effect. They have Tippmanns and have gone against really good teams and have beaten them. That's skill. Now I hate Dynasty so I am going to have to say the guns for them. Yeah I geuss it is the gun more so than the skill.
**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Back to Top
MoNTYandTIMMoN View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNTYandTIMMoN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:21pm

30%luck

35%gun

35%Skill

The gun really does, matter.  If ur shooting 4bps and ur opponent is shooting 20 ur only chance is luck.



Do not tempt the lord!




MoNTYtheLoRD
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.