FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your teacher has been lying to you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 12:44am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

The what?

you know, the bible, the most common book on earth...

that was a low blow, uncalled for, and as such, i totally resent you beating me to it. i would have picked a slightly different source though :)
Ajreaper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Paintballer and United States Marine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajreaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 10:16am
Originally posted by untouchable555 untouchable555 wrote:

Damn all my teachers

Well you might want to thank them first for your ability to read, write use mathmatics, & understand basic scientific principles. For your understanding of ours and other countries systems of government and how those came to be. Thank them for a willingness to spend more time with other people children then their own often times, thank them for not giving up on you when you have, thank them for being concerned enough about your future they are willing to tell you what you need to hear and not what you want to hear. Thank them for demanding more from you then you believed possible until they insisted you do it again only better. What you do and become in life is in a large part due to the teachers in your life (and not all work in a school).

Much of what is interesting in history is not considered important- There's much we should know about Ben Franklin, the fact he was a drinker and a womanizer is not important but it is perhaps interesting. I think your a very naive person if you believe, as an example, that the great people in history were not more like us then less like us. They had many of the same needs, wants, & desires. They were often times great in certain aspects of their lives but complete failures in others. They often made mistakes and had regrets. It gives us all the potential to "make history".

Edited by Ajreaper
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 1:15pm
Meh - another random complainy site.  This guy wants us to focus on historical items he deems important instead of historical items others deem important.  Big deal.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 1:19pm
The site was just an example. Theres a whole book on it.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 1:39pm
Ok, then - another random complainy book.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 2:09pm
Do you not find it interesting what the school body does? How they lie to us just to give us "inspiration" and to make our country look good? I think its funny accually. There just trying to make us all "Americans" and support our country, but the only outcome they want, is for us to join to army.

Ajreaper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Paintballer and United States Marine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajreaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 10:14am
Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

Do you not find it interesting what the school body does? How they lie
to us just to give us "inspiration" and to make our country look good?
I think its funny accually. There just trying to make us all
"Americans" and support our country, but the only outcome they want, is
for us to join to army.

Yes it's a great conspiracy between text book manufactures and the military and has been for over 200 years. They also arranged for the bombing of pearl harbor in 1941, the Norths invasion of South Korea and the destruction of the world trade centers all to get people to join the army . It's farly easy to see "educating" you has failed- perhaps you should join the other side?
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 10:39am
It's not like teachers are in it for the money. Would you, or even could, put up with hundreds of young people, many of whom are very rebellious and trouble making, for what a teacher makes, each day? Probably not. You probably wouldn't want to.

I want to teach. I think it is a great profession and I think the rewards in the job are far greater than any sacrifices. I want to teach English and write, and I have for a long while now. I'm very excited to to get started on my classes again this spring so I can get myself immersed in it again.

Teachers have an often thankless job, but they make up a large part of our world's foundation. What would we know had we never been taught?

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 11:05am
I agree that for the most part teachers do a good job of teaching us what we need to know (and some useless stuff) to get out of our parents house. But I also agree that the truth is definatly stretched to make America look better. All of what they teach us isn't entirely true. I guess it's ok, though because the world hasn't stopped spinning yet...
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 11:14am
Well, our education system is a hold-over from an era long since passed. I'd be all for rejuvinating it, but people want change and at the same time they hate change and resist it.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 11:34am

Do you not find it interesting what the school body does? How they lie to us just to give us "inspiration" and to make our country look good? I think its funny accually. There just trying to make us all "Americans" and support our country, but the only outcome they want, is for us to join to army.

Perhaps you should employ some of that critical thinking in the direction of the book in question...

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 2:22pm
Teachers dont reallyl ie. They tell what they read or were told. The people who write the books are to blame. But really I don't care. How our country came to be is not really as important as what they're doing to it now.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
slacker guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Dodge 2/8/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slacker guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 3:53pm
my history teacher told us all that stuff

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Perhaps you should employ some of that critical thinking in the direction of the book in question...

Everything i said, has to do with that book.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by MROD MROD wrote:

Teachers dont reallyl ie. They tell what they read or were told. The people who write the books are to blame. But really I don't care. How our country came to be is not really as important as what they're doing to it now.

They dont have to teach us from those books though.

What gets me though is how some teachers are purposely assholes to us.  But they will come interupt the middle of our class, giggle with the person trying to teach our class, then just walk out. 

Edited by Glassjaw
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Everything i said, has to do with that book.

My point being (unless I have completely misunderstood you) is that just as the book is critical of what is taught in schools, we should be critical of what is in the book. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 5:03pm
Heh. I think we just misunderstood eachother. Your right, we don't know if the things in the book are completely true, but, i believe it i guess. So many lies these days how can you not believe it. I sure do have some questions for the government.......if i could ever ask them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic