FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

impulses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 12:44pm

Civilian.  What's the latest info you have on bore sizing not being important?  You're probably refering to accuracy only eh?

My own efficiency tests have shown that there is what I consider to be a significant difference in efficiency between a good fit and a poor fit.

For speedball tournies it may not be a big deal.  If you only have a single bore barrel and you switch paint all of the time just adjust the pressure/dwell and hit the fill it yourself air lines between each game.

For big games etc. EVERY ounce counts for me so I don't spend time in air lines.  I bring enough air to these types of games to last all weekend and the paint to match my supply of air.

4 cases of paint, 4 20 oz. c02 bottles and a 68/4500 kicker just incase my efficiency might be off.

Edited by Lightningbolt
Sent from a phone booth
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by FalloutMan FalloutMan wrote:

alot of people own KIA's and geo's too. and my 200 dollar mag was lighter than my $700 impulse. reflective eyes are used in smart parts guns, most other guns use breakbeams which are more reliable.

ive owned an impulse ( I have to and after seeing just how baad they are I agree they're poop guns)
ive owned a freak kit (I have to but I disagree with you here. I personally still love my Freak and its probably the only thing I like from SP's. I like my Freak so much that I plan on getting another one for my Alias Timmy.
ive owned a maxflow tank
i sold the impulse ( I don't blame you I did to and I woke up and got a real tourney gun not a POS "wannabe") 
i sold the maxflow tank
the freak kit sits in my closet because i cant sell it locally because of all the other people that have owned smart parts products make it so noone will buy them anymore.

and you would wonder why i dont recommend impulses?

I everything you said except for the part about the Freak.

Originally posted by DRAGON DRAGON wrote:

So are you saying that not having an eye at all is better than a reflective eye or just trying to find a little nitch to poke at SP about? How is a breakbeam eye system more reliable?. Do the reflective eyes tend to break down more often or something? The only advantage of a breakbeam eye over reflective is that it has a greater threshold to black paint than a reflective eye. That has nothing to do with reliability but more to do with having a better response to black paint. I suppose if that is the case it can be simply resolved by not using black paint lol -

In many ways yes I would rather have no eye system then one that only works 2% of the time and yes refelctive eyes are much more reliable. Thats why you hear of people complaining of SP eye and not Angels and other eye systems that use break beam technology. The eye system of SP is a freaking joke and its not secret that it only works half the time its on. The Eyes are made to detect the dropping motion of the paintball which is one of the problems. All the other GOOD eye systems are made to detect the ball in the breech not while its dropping into the breech. Also SP trashy eyes are reflective not break beams. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that dark colors absorb light. Well it seems that the people at SP were to dumb to figure this out. They used a reflective eye that doesn't work when dark paint is being used. The laser shoots out and instead of bouncing back and telling the gun that there is a paintball in the breech the laser just gets absorbed into the paintball.

As far as buying and selling markers goes, in case you didn't notice, a lot of people buy markers and sell them because they get old, don't like them or in general want to move on to something else. So 'NEWS FLASH', you selling your Imp is not an isolated case as you so illusively portray it lol. Everybody wants a Freak kit, if you haven't sold it chances are you're asking too much for it. Put it up in the BST forums at PBN and see how long it lasts there lol -

Actually maybe if you actually got over your bias feelings towards the Impy and took a look around you would see tons of people are selling Impys. Hmm wonder why could it be that MOST people realize just how bad and trashy quality they really are. I also disagree that people just sell guns to get something new. Most people sell thier guns because 1) the gun they thought was perfect for them ends up not being what it cracked up to be (hmm sounds alot like the Impy) so they buy something new until they find the gun thats perfect for them. I know that happened to me and now I found the gun that I think is perfect for me. The other reason is that the person or people are on a sponsered team and get sponsered by a certain gun company, well they might give up on that sponsership and move on to someone else forcing them to get a new gun.

Originally posted by Gumbe02 Gumbe02 wrote:

hahahah your a joke kid, the people promoting them are the guy that own them,

For the 100th time the people not promoting them are the people who have owned them and now how bad they are. Now if it was me and I was making this choice I would listen to the 20 or more people in here saying Impys are a cheap POS then the 2 biased people saying that they are good guns.

Edited by ScarFace22

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

For big games etc. EVERY ounce counts for me so I don't spend time in air lines.  I bring enough air to these types of games to last all weekend and the paint to match my supply of air.

guess what one of the great quirks about my viking is

So are you saying that not having an eye at all is better than a reflective eye or just trying to find a little nitch to poke at SP about? How is a breakbeam eye system more reliable?. Do the reflective eyes tend to break down more often or something? The only advantage of a breakbeam eye over reflective is that it has a greater threshold to black paint than a reflective eye. That has nothing to do with reliability but more to do with having a better response to black paint. I suppose if that is the case it can be simply resolved by not using black paint lol -

I would consider having my eye system working with all colors of paint more reliable than one that doesnt.

And I mean working in the sense that it does what it is suposed to do, and actually "sees" the paint.

Quote As far as buying and selling markers goes, in case you didn't notice, a lot of people buy markers and sell them because they get old, don't like them or in general want to move on to something else. So 'NEWS FLASH', you selling your Imp is not an isolated case as you so illusively portray it lol. Everybody wants a Freak kit, if you haven't sold it chances are you're asking too much for it. Put it up in the BST forums at PBN and see how long it lasts there lol -

First, I dont buy into the bore sizing thing, especialy when the bore size only lasts through half the barrel, so I really dont want a freak kit. My hammerhead barrel is all I need.

Second, and this is just me, you know, speaking for what I am reciving FalloutMan's statements as, but it seems to me that he sold his  SP equipment due to its lack of quality. You are simply ignoring parts of his posts in order to make it seem like he doesnt know how to back his beleifs/statements up.

red_alert102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:39pm

B2k4 or B2k5 come with a 4 way adjustable trigger, lpr, good board, good eyes, look nice and arent so big, also icd is a great company with great quailty unlike smart parts.  So how is an impulse any better then a b2k4 or b2k5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/paintballa01/d58a8ce5 .gif

Angel Ir3
Cp barrel kit
A4 board
Cobra trigger
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

I would consider having my eye system working with all colors of paint more reliable than one that doesnt.

And I mean working in the sense that it does what it is suposed to do, and actually "sees" the paint.

[QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

[QUOTE=Gatyr][Second, and this is just me, you know, speaking for what I am reciving FalloutMan's statements as, but it seems to me that he sold his  SP equipment due to its lack of quality. You are simply ignoring parts of his posts in order to make it seem like he doesnt know how to back his beleifs/statements up.

And again I agree.

Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by red_alert102 red_alert102 wrote:

B2k4 or B2k5 come with a 4 way adjustable trigger, lpr, good board, good eyes, look nice and arent so big, also icd is a great company with great quailty unlike smart parts.  So how is an impulse any better then a b2k4 or b2k5

Its not PERIOD! For just about the same price you get a much better gun with the ICD B2k.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 3:04pm
I guess I'm the only one in the World that has an Impulse that rocks.......
Sent from a phone booth
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 4:41pm

Civilian. What's the latest info you have on bore sizing not being important? You're probably refering to accuracy only eh?

My own efficiency tests have shown that there is what I consider to be a significant difference in efficiency between a good fit and a poor fit.

For speedball tournies it may not be a big deal. If you only have a single bore barrel and you switch paint all of the time just adjust the pressure/dwell and hit the fill it yourself air lines between each game.

For big games etc. EVERY ounce counts for me so I don't spend time in air lines. I bring enough air to these types of games to last all weekend and the paint to match my supply of air.

4 cases of paint, 4 20 oz. c02 bottles and a 68/4500 kicker just incase my efficiency might be off.

Ya.. Xball air isnt an issue. Didnt consider big games
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 5:56pm

Not at all Lightning, some just refuse to realize the fact that Imps PWN lol. AMOF of all the forums that I attend, this one seems to be the most biased against them. Funny thing is though I'm not sure that it's having the saturated effect that the fabled few desire. I've been seeing alot of Tippman owners at the IOG site buying into these rippers. Since this thread was initiated there is a member here seeking my advice about which one he should buy. He's getting one from County now from Mike. OH ya.....even Mike owns an Imp, imagine that -
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 10:06pm

Not at all Lightning, some just refuse to realize the fact that Imps PWN lol. AMOF of all the forums that I attend, this one seems to be the most biased against them. Funny thing is though I'm not sure that it's having the saturated effect that the fabled few desire. I've been seeing alot of Tippman owners at the IOG site buying into these rippers. Since this thread was initiated there is a member here seeking my advice about which one he should buy. He's getting one from County now from Mike. OH ya.....even Mike owns an Imp, imagine that -

Wow dude you need to seriously get your head out of your butt..Impys pwn yea right the only thing Impys pwn are BE guns everything else pwns Impys. Have you ever tried a real tourney electro gun like Timmys, Angels, Cyborgs, and Matrixs? If you have not then you need to and when you do you'll see Impys are no where near as good as those guns. If you have tried those guns then I would like to know how in gods name could you possibly think Impys are better. All those guns are faster, lighter, more gas effcient, smaller, have better eye systems and are just all around better quality guns. Even guns in the Impy class are better then the Impy. The B2k is better and the Pimp is better then the Impy. If anyone is biased in here its you because you can't admit to TRUE facts that the Impy can't compare to guns in its own class and guns in a higher class.  You refuse to accept the fact that every tourney gun out there is better then the Impy and the joke is it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Just look at the facts thats been handed out over and over again. Impys are a POS get over it and try a real tourney gun for freakin gods sake.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2004 at 6:57pm

whats your name on IOG?

DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 2:24pm
Wouldn't you like to know Let's just say I've been there for quite a while and leave it at that lol -

I have a bunch of different markers and don't restrict myself to manufacturer tunnel vision. AMOF I was actually considering a Freestyle as an addition to my PB arsenal since I can get them for around $300 less than internet market price. Less than what you'd pay for a Bushy. It's the only ICD product that would be worthy of acquiring IMO but when I see these ICD thread terrorists here spamming and lieing in any SP thread that's posted, it just turns me away from ICD products all together. If this is an example of ICD owners I don't want to even be associated with those type of people at all. If you need to tenaciously lie and decieve members of these boards to satisfy your sick need, you all seem to be missing a few cards from your deck to me. All you're doing is puting a gap between paintball players when everybody should be standing together. If you think these things about Imps, I often wonder what your sincere views of Tippmann's are. I will pay a bit more and get a Shocker, Timmy or something nice that may be thrown into the arena in spring -
Sir Stunna Lot View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Stunna Lot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 1:21am
to the original poster: if you have the money, get an aftermarket impulse with LPR, delrin bolt, adjustable trigger, lower feedneck, and some milling to take off the weight... dont even bother with the stock version... on the other hand, an option u want to consider would be buying an ICD bushy 04/05 PDS

to dragon: come on man... you and i have been on this topic for way too long...

your comparisson of the tippmann is pretty weak... we are talking about electopneumatic and you have to toss in the sear tipping blowback... come on now... very weak argument

come to think of it... you never answer my original question:

"why do you think the stock vision impulse is better than a stock bushy 04/05 pds?"

i would like to hear what you have to say on that topic

last note... its good to see more of the folks here are finally backing up the ICD products and have convincing arguments to bring forward
sure as hell make my job easier now... lol
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Sir Stunna Lot Sir Stunna Lot wrote:

...........come to think of it... you never answer my original question:

"why do you think the stock vision impulse is better than a stock bushy 04/05 pds?".......

You as well as the others once again missed the whole point here. This continual, "my dogs better than your dog" really isn't the point is it? Face the real truth here.........this is all a farce to downplay the things that SP did to ICD in the past and everybody's still for no aparent reason got their panties in a bunch about it. You guys are still losing a no show battle because SP still sells tons more markers than ICD ever did and will and continues the trend lol. The reality of all this just irks y'all so much that you can't stand it and your only outlet is to try to intimidate members here from buying SP products all together by terrorizing every single thread that's posted about Imps or any other SP marker with generalizations, clichets and comparisons for the red team. Face it.........no matter how hard you try to prove it, SP will PWN ICD every day of it's existance lol.........woo schwoo!!! Reality's tough sometimes and I think for some odd reason the bottom line must really make you fellas feel as small as ICD is compared to SP about using their products. Get over it and have an after dinner mint on me lol
Sir Stunna Lot View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Stunna Lot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 6:03am
(you still havent answer my quetion, you can put all the claims you want to justify your thoughts, but you have yet to prove any true value advantages of the impulse)

My list of why the stock b2k4 pds is a better deal than a stock vision impulse (notice i didnt use "better"):

* low feed tube (smaller profile)
* delrin bolt (lighter, less damagin to the breach)
* lpr (better control over solenoid's pressure)
* trigger is more adjustable (better customization)
* Break Beam Ace (will see any type of paint)

ok... the above is my list to why a new customer should purchase the bushy over the impulse

now, i would like to see what the impulse can offer tangibly that is superior (keyword: tangible... i could care less about their fame, or customer service, or what not since it doesnt directly affect the marker physically)
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 2:31pm
* low feed tube (smaller profile)
Many feedneck choices for the Imp, take your choice. I prefer the stock feedneck as I like to have a nice stack of paint ready to feed the breech to cover people with. Tighter profile lol......we're talking 2" here -
* delrin bolt (lighter, less damagin to the breach)
Many choices of bolts as well -
* lpr (better control over solenoid's pressure)
Imps don't need LPR's maybe Bushy's do eh? I've used my Imp w/o an LPR for 2.5years now and my noid really doesn't need to be controled, it's doing just fine on its own -
* trigger is more adjustable (better customization)
Truthfully.....how many points of adjustment do you really need? Shall I insert the word 'hype'? An Imp with blade trigger has 4 adjustment points anyways -
* Break Beam Ace (will see any type of paint)
Here's a cookie for break beam anti-chop eye. Since all ICD proponents seem to think they deserve one share them with your buds lol -

Y'all just seem to keep overlooking that if you don't use black paint, this issue of yours doesn't really matter. Have another cookie please lol -

All aftermarket Imps come standard with most all of these things you list here. Just think about it, with all of these so-called Bushy 'perks', Imps still outsell Bushy's lol. How does it feel to be second in line? -

Oh ya......almost forgot to mention, the chips in those cookies are made from Ex-lax......enjoy.... hee hee -
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 2:35pm

You still have yet to tell him why a stock impulse is better than a stock b2k4 w/ PDS. You seem to always go off on a tangent or something.

DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 2:56pm
You guys are so engrossed in this thing that you haven't even noticed that I never mention which is better because quite frankly, it doesn't matter to me what you think is better. You'll never hear me dis Bushys either like you do SP markers. You could care less what I think about Bushy's as well. If someone attacked Bushy's like you do SP markers here, you'd be all over it in a heartbeat. Well I the same. You can try and try and try and try and try and try to rationalize what seems to be better but in the end the numbers tell all and we gotz da numbas and you jus gotz the leftovers. Have another cookie OK and ex.....umma.....relax -
F0STER*FARMLAND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F0STER*FARMLAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 3:18pm

ha ha ha! thanks guys/kids. this thread is great!

makes me wonder how anyone ever played paintball before "break beam eyes". i dont understand how anyone has the desire to fight about what marker someone else has.

my $0.02 on smart parts: the company sucks i do agree but it looks like many big mfg's are heading the same place. i have had no problems with my impulse(i own freak factory#99) it used to belong to lance from team cypress. just because something "better" comes out does not mean everything else just turns to craP.

1-cci vsc45
2-wgp sniper
3-f.f.impulse
4-a5
paintballa87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballa87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 4:46pm
my friend has an impulse nd wut i hear from my other friends is that its an insane gun nd the trigger very easy to squeze. i dont no the make yet but i heard most of them more accurate then an upgraded tippmann. dont take my word for cuz i neva shot 1 before im just tellin wut i herd from my friends
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic