Poll Question: Is there such thing as a PB Sniper
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
50 [53.19%]
44 [46.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
MagnumForce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 5:16pm
There is no real sniping in paintball but if you want to be as accurate and as distant as possible, i would go with the flatline.
Stza Crack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by limster limster wrote:

oh,,, im so sorry,,,
i wouldnt wana disturb all u superior paintballers whos opinions are just
automatically right no matter what the fck u say lol

im with you limester i think its how you play pb.  everyone is so hostile on these forums...if u have under 50 posts you're considered a loser who doesnt know **edited** and you're opinion doesnt matter

Bonestock98 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:22pm
God there are too many of these...

F.A.T.T.S.W.F.A.-Forumers Against Things That Start With "Forumers Against"
Betterdays View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by limster limster wrote:

grrr,,, being a sniper isnt just about haveing a gun the length of drunkdrivers penis,,,, theres alot more to it then that,, i bet half the people here that say there is no paintball snipers,, have said in other formums that it doesnt matter what gun u have cuz u can always woop everyone,,, so why can't people woop with sniper tactics,, and simultate a miltary situation if they feel like,,

This irks me. No one is saying using military style tactics doesn't work, isn't fun, isn't effective, whatever. However using military style tactics does not make you a sniper. The style of play described by players who claim to be "snipers" is universally a pretty good approximation of basic infantry tactics and has nothing to do with true sniper tactics or practices. Call your self a mil-sim player if you feel the need to differentiate yourself from others but for God sake please stop using the word sniper.

Edited by Betterdays
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:36pm
^^^Exactly.
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
LastLine07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:44pm
Ok im going to end this right now, me and my friends are military fanatics, and we have seen just about every war/military movie out there. Read almost every tactic out there, and ive come to this conclusion, a "sniper" is an expert marksmen who travels with one other person , ie, his spotter. and the sniper takes out enemy soldiers/players one by one, and is never in direct fire fight. which is the goal of the sniper because if they are spotted they are dead. In paintball this tactic is easily used, by flanking your oppent and setting up and having your team push the enemy back to you, in this case you can inturn take the enemy out, however a sniper in paintball must move to be succesfull, because like everyone has said the range is greatly hampered. now tell me that snipers dont exist and ill give you another arguement, and just cause im new to this forum doesnt mean im new to the sport. Also a perfect example of a sniper would be from the movie Saving Private Ryan, now he wasnt 500 yards away from the battle he was inside the battle, un orhodox, but effective, however he did die. My case has been proven.
Shoot first ask questions later
Betterdays View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by LastLine07 LastLine07 wrote:

In paintball this tactic is easily used, by flanking your oppent and setting up and having your team push the enemy back to you, in this case you can inturn take the enemy out,

Thank you for proving my point Lastline07.  You're example of being a sniper in paintball is a small unit ambush. That's basic infantry tactics and has nothing to do with being a sniper.

Edited by Betterdays
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:56pm
one hundred and eighty five
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:37pm

Good God.....not another one!!!!

And like what Betterdays jus stated....jus call yerself a milsimer, it sounds a whole lot appropriate....hell I even call myself a milsimer, but "never" a sniper!

LastLine07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 10:04pm
you guys are so petty, sniping is there its just not your idea of sniping. your idea of sniping is what has been assimilated into the military culture. if you put things into proportion here, being a sniper can and is used in paintball. of course shooting from 500 yards is impossible in paintball, however the if you proportion this little equation, youd see that anyone that plays back and picks off enemies in the front can be classified as a sniper. Sniping in paintball is a horse of a different color. just like i mentioned before with the saving private ryan  thing, the sniper wasnt even that far away, but he was a sniper. it is a logical tactic, sniping is a tactic, and is used. trust me my friend does that **edited**, he climbs trees and has taken out an entire squad in 30 seconds cause no one new where the shots were coming from, 2 of the marks were head shots.
Shoot first ask questions later
sportdeamon89 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by LastLine07 LastLine07 wrote:

you guys are so petty, sniping is there its just not your idea of sniping. your idea of sniping is what has been assimilated into the military culture. if you put things into proportion here, being a sniper can and is used in paintball. of course shooting from 500 yards is impossible in paintball, however the if you proportion this little equation, youd see that anyone that plays back and picks off enemies in the front can be classified as a sniper. Sniping in paintball is a horse of a different color. just like i mentioned before with the saving private ryan  thing, the sniper wasnt even that far away, but he was a sniper. it is a logical tactic, sniping is a tactic, and is used. trust me my friend does that **edited**, he climbs trees and has taken out an entire squad in 30 seconds cause no one new where the shots were coming from, 2 of the marks were head shots.

Let me no the day your moron firend gets shot out of the tree and breaks himself.  that is pretty damn stupid of him and he is a very lucky person to not have already been nailed and fallen.

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Trigger
Flatline (woodsball only)
14" Ultralite
Car Stock (woodsball only)
R-T (not installed)
Shocktech Gas-thru Grip
Macro-Line
NW Drop Forward
68/4500 Nitro Duck Xstream
AdraiVII View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 12:38am

... I can not believe you people... one "sniper" topic gets locked and what do you do? make another one.

You people might as well just write a book and keep it tucked away in a dusty corner somewhere because nobody is going to believe you no matter what definition you give them!

So the only ultimatum is to drop the "sniper" subject, and just play the frappin' game!

I'm sorry to be such a , but it gets really sickning to see from 5-10 "sniper" debates a day all arguing about what the word "sniper" means to them. Just be a good sport, and enjoy the game!

P.S. Everybody can go back to livin' thier lives, now

limster View Drop Down
Guested. Filter dodged F-bomb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 6:36am
still worth thinking about when ur on the feild for people trying to use a
sniper tactic though,,,
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

I'm a speedball sniper.

Jeremy Salm?
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 7:38am

Seriously, just drop it. Did you even bother running a search before you posted this worthless exuse of a thread? I don't mean to attack you man, but you seriously did not think this through too well.

There have been over a dozen of these threads in the last month or so, and this one was sub-par even for a sniper thread. You just started flaming pointlessly like some 9-yr. old 'tard. Listen to evil_fingers and AdraivII, they actually know what they're talking about.
Do a search before you post here again.

Peace.

Edited by Slimz.357
"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
Tippmann_Werks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 9:55am

That will solve this....Watch this, and you will see the truth about Snipers and Paintball

Edited by Tippmann_Werks
Unofficial Tippmann On-Field Spokesperson
-Bunkering Non-Tippmann users since 1999
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Homer J Homer J wrote:

Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

I'm a speedball sniper.

Jeremy Salm?

ROTFLMAO!!!   You caught me.

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 11:10am

yes, please do a search. this gets real old really fast

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by whack-a-mole whack-a-mole wrote:

yes, please do a search. this gets real old really fast

Thats easier said then done, newbies will never search, they will jus start a new thread wit the same subject thats been discussed more times than anything in the world and recieve the same response....and Im sooooooo glad I never asked the "sniper" question!

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Skorpion317 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 4:07pm

another sniper post? come on....

snipers in paintball do not exist. just because you go around sneaking and crawling and shooting out of a bush doesn't mean that you're a sniper. As Betterdays said, most people who consider themselves "snipers" are actually just using basic military tactics and don't know any better. Hollywood doesn't portray snipers accurately, remember, they're trying to sell movie tickets. Snipers are most often used as scouts, relaying enemy troop movements back to the larger main force. Also, paintball guns are not accurate enough to be considered "sniper" guns.

Snipers don't exist in paintball. End of Discussion.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Pro-Team Sniper F/X stock
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic