Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
50 [53.19%]
44 [46.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Skorpion317 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 1:45am

Originally posted by Shadow16 Shadow16 wrote:

once again, all of you "anti-sniper" people are using the military definition of a sniper. Are you in the armed forces when you play a paintball match? Nooooooo you out in the woods or on a field with a bunch of friends playing soldier. And once again, if we get most of our "war" ideas from the military, and all of our tactics are used in the military, why can we not use sniper tactics? I have also noticed people that use the military definition of a sniper, they say there is no such thing as a paintball sniper. Well the last time i checked, most of us never claimed to be a sniper in the armed forces, we claimed to be snipers in paintball. In case you havent noticed there is slight difference there. Military=real guns, real bullets, real death. Paintball=paint guns, fake "bullets", simulated death. All of you are right, paintball guns usually cannot shoot farther than other guns, this is the way they are made. BUT since they cannot shoot farther than each other because of production, doesn't mean we cant be "uhoh im gonna say it" SNIPERS! If you think about it, when your concealed, the opponents dont know where you are, so if you shoot them or shoot at them, and they still dont know where you are, you are in a way "beyond the effective range of fire." If they cant see you they cant shoot you.

the problem is, the people who consider themselves "snipers" see themselves in the military form: stealthy, well-camouflaged, shooting from long range, and doing so with accuracy. Stealthy and well-camouflaged can be done in paintball, but accuracy and long range shooting are harder.

"Long range" is not a relative term. 150 feet or less is not a long distance. Long range would be several hundred yards away, not 50 yards away.

I forgot who said this, but hiding 5 feet away behind a porch and shooting someone without them noticing you is not sniping. would a soldier in Baghdad who is hiding behind some boxes, and waits for a terrorist to walk past him before shooting him be considered a sniper? no.

Being a sniper is not a state of mind either. Just because you think that you are a sniper doesn't mean that you are one.

I don't see any valid arguments for the "pro-sniper" side.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Pro-Team Sniper F/X stock
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
Shadow15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 9:24am
i consider my self a sniper i've got people from far a away thats why i consider my self a sniper
SHADOW15
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 11:05am

I go away for a few days and you fellows come up with a flying crapfest like this??? It's disgusting. Do a damn search and stop flooding our forums with junk like this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic