FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish me luck...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
slacker guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Dodge 2/8/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slacker guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 10:17am
good luck and be sure to shoot lots of the enemy

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:18pm
Well, I processed alright and am sworn in and everything. Got a 90 on the ASVAB too. As of right now, my ship date is July 16th, which may change when I pick a job. I'm leaning towards intel, but there's at least one other person in the recruit pool waiting for a job slot to open up, so I've gotta look into another two choices.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:20pm

Awesome, but im still a bit confused as to what you will be doing. Fill us in??

-me

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:21pm

thats awesome dude good luck!

this reminds me of jtfasti hes suppose to come back in janaurary.

BuffaloSolda1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, inapropriate image 6/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloSolda1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Ilovepaintball1 Ilovepaintball1 wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Lets just hope the person who gives you a physical is a female.-me

OOO That would be nice

Hopefully she does not look like a dude. Good luck, stay safe, and thanks.
TK by PB4MS.COM
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:48pm

Awesome, but im still a bit confused as to what you will be doing. Fill us in??

-me

Since I'm still in Highschool, I can't ship to Paris Island for recruit training until after graduation, I also need to have a MOS(military occupational specialty) before I ship, so until then, what I'm in now is called the delayed entry program. That means every wednesday I get my butt down the the recruiting station for recruit pool functions. Basically, we learn basic knowledge, like rank structure general orders(don't know your 4th general order? EVERYBODY GET ON THE DECK AND PUSH!) and basically stuff so it will be a bit easier of a transition to military life. We also do PT and work on improving our scores for our PFT(personal fitness test), meaning being able to do at least 3 dead-hang pullups, 1.5 mile run in 13:30 and like 44 crunches in 2 minutes as a miniumum. However, these are bare miniums, so we try to continuallly improve. So up until I ship off to recruit training, every wednesday from 6:00pm until we're done, and a PFT once per month and every once in a while something cool like simulated weapons fire at a big computer screen or competitions with other pools.
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:00pm
^That will be full of fun and joy 
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:48pm
good luck you are doing a great thing
SpecklesJ24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecklesJ24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:59pm

USMC all the way. OORAH! i commend you.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

semper fi.

Young Marines
-Master Gunnery Sgt.
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:36pm
Good Luck Rednekk!

I really admire what you're doing for this country. :-D

WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 2:30pm
Congrats! If intel is an option, but not open, look into a MAGTF Planner (0511?)! I knew a few at the Group level and it seemed to be pretty interesting (its mostly a desk job) and promoted fast! Intel in general is deceiving, most are desk jobs. Good luck, whatever you do don't go to Boot Camp as an "open MOS"! Can you say cook?
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by A-5 bunkerking A-5 bunkerking wrote:

Originally posted by Ilovepaintball1 Ilovepaintball1 wrote:

Lets just hope the person who gives you a physical is a female.-me

OOO That would be nice

you really are one of the biggest pervs ive ever known.

Thats because hes like 12 and is still in puberty..

I need a new Sig...
Dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 2:52pm
Good luck!
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

Congrats! If intel is an option, but not open, look into a MAGTF Planner (0511?)! I knew a few at the Group level and it seemed to be pretty interesting (its mostly a desk job) and promoted fast! Intel in general is deceiving, most are desk jobs. Good luck, whatever you do don't go to Boot Camp as an "open MOS"! Can you say cook?
My recruiter is pretty nuts about everyone getting a job as quickly as he can, so tat shouldn't be a problem. The IST last night went well. I managed 8 pull ups, 93 crunches in 2min and 1.5 miles in 12:46. Not great but the cold temperature really cut down on my ability to breath during the run. Standing next to the airstrip allowed the wind to get a good flow on you, and crawling through a human tunel with just shorts and a t-shirt on frozen ground was fun(no sarcasim here, it rocked). My face was so numb I could barely talk at the end. I freakin loved it. I made sure to wear the same shorts and shirt for gym today complete with dirt and bloodstains just so people would ask me about the program. Hopefully I can get two friends to sign.
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Hopefully I can get two friends to sign.

Wonder why....
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Hopefully I can get two friends to sign.

Wonder why....
For the backpack and nifty windbreaker of course!
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 4:44pm
That's awesome! Good luck!
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic