Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shootiehg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootiehg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a mask
    Posted: 30 November 2004 at 1:33am
Hey what's up, looking for gear for the first time. Like anyone else I'm looking for good gear and good price. From what I'm reading it seems I'm looking for the anti-fog, good hearing, big lenses and with a small visor. Does anyone have any recomedations? Or advise on what to stay away from? Thanks in advance! 
98c with Response Trigger
8" Bigshot

www.shootiehg.com
TheNelson001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNelson001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 6:15am
I have a Proto...those are only about $30 and are pretty good. It has big lenses and you can buy thermal ones to replace the ones that come with it

Pimpsta98c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pimpsta98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 7:07am
java v-type is only 20 at www.paintballgear.com
Matrix
Hyper 2 reg
Proto barrel and grips
Tadao M5
WGP uni
CCM Feedneck
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 2:55pm
^^ The ones they are talking about are not the "Quality" masks. I would suggest a Dye Invision because they are very good masks that are comfortable and very realible. You can also but a game timer and a fan in them. I have one with a fan and its like heaven. I can play the whole day keeping my mask on without any fog or anything. I would get that.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 3:10pm

The Vforce Profiler exceeds your discription easily. It is a bit expensive but you will be kicking you self if you skimp on a mask now,  I sure am.

pb1537 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1537 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 3:22pm
VForce Profiler is sooooo hot, my buddy has one and everytime i wear it i dont even know i have a mask on.  I have a proto that i bought from paintballgear.com, i forget the model name but it was 60 bucks and it is light, comfortable and has a great field of vision.
You can't change the letters once the ink dries.
shootiehg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootiehg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 4:01pm
Thanks everybody that posted, I'm gonna start looking these up online right now. I do understand that you shouldn't cheap out on a mask unless the one that's right for you happens to be cheap. And to hear that they have a mask with a fan in it..... WOW, I hope I can afford that. I just remember years ago when I was checking out the sport my goggles would always fog up, it was a nightmare. Thanks again, if I go with one of your recomendations I'll let ya know and thank ya. Take it easy and any other comments would be great because I think I'll wait until this weekend to order one if I find one.
8" Bigshot

www.shootiehg.com
shootiehg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootiehg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by jjclown23 jjclown23 wrote:

^^ The ones they are talking about are not the "Quality" masks. I would suggest a Dye Invision because they are very good masks that are comfortable and very realible. You can also but a game timer and a fan in them. I have one with a fan and its like heaven. I can play the whole day keeping my mask on without any fog or anything. I would get that.

That mask is definatly expensive with all the goodies, does you fan make alot of noise and are the fans durable. Are you suppose to get 2 fans, one for each side. The sites I've gone to havn't gone into much detail.

8" Bigshot

www.shootiehg.com
shootiehg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootiehg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 4:41pm

Nevermind, I found the website, this is a crazy piece of gear.

http://www.dyeprecision.com/productsmain.html

8" Bigshot

www.shootiehg.com
sportdeamon89 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportdeamon89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by jjclown23 jjclown23 wrote:

I would suggest a Dye Invision because they are very good masks that are comfortable and very realible. You can also but a game timer and a fan in them. I have one with a fan and its like heaven. I can play the whole day keeping my mask on without any fog or anything. I would get that.

I own a pair of these without the fan and they work just as well.  Also, they are low profile so u minimize getting hit in the mask.  They are a little expensive though - $80-$90.  Also, they are kinda high maintnace (soak in luke-warm water and let airdry after every tourny/day of playing ).  They are definately worth the money if u got it.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Trigger
Flatline (woodsball only)
14" Ultralite
Car Stock (woodsball only)
R-T (not installed)
Shocktech Gas-thru Grip
Macro-Line
NW Drop Forward
68/4500 Nitro Duck Xstream
 Post Reply Post Reply