Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What sniper upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Skorpion317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 3:57pm

Originally posted by wahoofan627 wahoofan627 wrote:

Get a flatline stock and mabe a laser sight. A hunting sight WILL NOT WORK IN PAINBALL!!!!! Painball guns arent near the accuracy of real rifles and have nowhere near the range so it is just a waste of money. Plus the only way you can really act as a sniper is in scenario play. Don't get the RT either. If you are a sniper you dont shoot much, it just gives away your position. The most important thing to get is a good barrel and practice your aim a ton

i disagree, the R/T is a good upgrade. I have it on my gun, which you guys would call a "sniper" gun (even though they don't exist). You can still shoot one shot at a time, the R/T just pushes the trigger back quicker. And if you ever get discovered while you're sneaking around, the R/T will help in a firefight.

there are no snipers in paintball.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Pro-Team Sniper F/X stock
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
The Keen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 3:58pm

The first thing you need to get is a flatline. Since they shoot further than most other barrels this should be your first upgrade. A stock would also be nice to help give you support when your aiming. A laser sight might help but its not necessary.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 4:18pm
I used a Flatline once this year.  It wasn't a sniper scenario or anything.  In fact it was a nasty frey in a huge game but it's funny to shoot guys out and they don't even know where it came from.
Sent from a phone booth
Skorpion317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 6:16pm

you don't need scopes either. just get a red dot sight.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Pro-Team Sniper F/X stock
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
Gotpaint92 View Drop Down
strike 1, F-bomb in sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotpaint92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 8:04pm

there is no such things as snipers in paintball

snipers are wannabees

Be care full! Sigs earn strikes
turismomtrx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turismomtrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 10:04pm

yay sniper arguments

if you want to be a "sniper" try these:

-flatline
-stock
-scope(nightvision scopes help in night)
-ghille suit
-suppressor(illegal in some states)
-ability to not eat or sleep and stay in one position for days(haha metal gear solid haha)

personally i believe that snipers don't exist in paintball. but i dnt really care, i just want to be able to play, thats all. try playing more games against more active and experienced people and see if your tactics stand up to them.

good luck and have fun "sniping"

DirtyDawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Skorpion317 Skorpion317 wrote:

the purpose of a sniper is to take out targets effectively, OUTSIDE of enemy firing range, without being detected.

Which can be done with a flatline or Hop Up with a 1 shot "kill"...

Now then...most snipers operate at a range of 3000 yards. that's the width of Niagra Falls from the U.S. side to the Canada side. Last time I checked, no paintball gun is even remotely capable of this, no matter how hard you try to lob your shot.

Normally I would not respond to a "Paintball Sniper" thread, but this misinformation really must be addressed. Most military snipers operate at a range of 300-800 yards, while police snipers tend to operate at a range of 50-300 yards, with both ocaissionally engaging targets at greater distances*. This typically places them outside the effective range of their intended target (most military rifles, i.e. M-16, Ak-47, etc., are for the most part useless past 300 yards when using iron sights).

Your example of 3000 yards is nearly a 2 mile shot. To put this in perspective, a .308 Match Grade bullet (with a muzzle velocity of 2600fps) has 421" of drop at 1000 yards* (that's over 35 feet of drop - talk about lobbing...). Just wanted to clarify a bit before continuing.

*Reference information found in "The Ultimate Sniper - An Advanced Training Manual for Military and Police Snipers" by Maj. John L. Plaster, USAR (Ret)

The concept of sniping in paintball is more easily accepted in Woodsball than in Speedball, primarily because woodsball is more like combat. Think about the primary differences here for a while - Do you see people stalking from bunker to bunker on an airball field? Do you see people sprinting from tree to tree to bush, diving for cover in the woods? When you take into account the differences, you can see the opportunity for sniper-like behavior in woodsball. If everyone playing woodsball was a sniper, it would make for some pretty long, boring games. However, if a team deploys a player in a sniper-like role (not some a-hole hanging back, waiting for a lucky shot, while his team mates get trashed), and that person knows how to operate with excellent fieldcraft, selects a blind from which to pick off opposing players without revealing his/her position, then the other team had better have brought their "A" game (and some paper towels...). With velocities being regulated and the aerodynamic limitations associated with paintballs, a paintball "sniper" cannot operate completely outside the effective range of their opponent without use of a flatline or hop-up barrel. Even then, with the irregularities inherent to paintballs, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. This relegates the "sniper" to operate within the effective range of his/her intended target making fieldcraft and hide selection even more important. This brings sniping back to it's tactical origins. The development of modern technology allowed for longer and longer shots to be made, making it easier for the sniper to place more distance between himself and his intended target (Carlos Hathcock's famed shot from 2500 yards away was acheived with a .50 cal machine gun with an 8 power scope - a little speculation remains as to whether or not he would have made the shot had the VC scout not stopped for a drink at the exact spot he zeroed the scope). I've been sniped, and have sniped. I think most would agree with me in saying it stinks to get hit and not have any idea where the single shot came from. Instead of getting mad about it, congratulate the shooter after the game.

To close, (but unfortunately not end the discussion of sniping in paintball) I would like to share an excerpt from Adrian Gilbert's book titled "Sniper-The World of Combat Sniping" with a definition that best sums up the theory of "paintball sniper":

"The snipe is a small game bird similar to the woodcock. In India, during the late eighteenth century, British Army officers popularized the hunting of the snipe, its small size making it a difficult and rewarding target. The term 'sniper' soon came to describe a skilful hunter, well versed in the arts of stalking, and a first-rate shot."

Tippmann 98Custom - Parting out. PM me for parts availability
2k4 BKO
Warsensor WS66 RIS
Warsensor Zeus G1+
Asky26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asky26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 10:35pm

^^^What if the other guy has a flatline also?

DirtyDawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Asky26 Asky26 wrote:

^^^What if the other guy has a flatline also?

Depends on his role. If they have been deployed with the same role, then we have sniper/counter-sniper

2 weapons of similar/equal capability can be deployed for different roles:

M2 .50 cal machine gun- heavy supressing fire

Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle - selective targeting of material/personnel

Both fire the same round and have the ability to reach out and touch someone, but they are being utilized differently.

Tippmann 98Custom - Parting out. PM me for parts availability
2k4 BKO
Warsensor WS66 RIS
Warsensor Zeus G1+
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 12:09pm

I see all these suggestions but no one has asked a very important question.  What is your air source?  If you are running HPA, then you're good to go.  If you're running CO2...you need to get a regulator on that thing.

If you want to play the "role of Sniper" you need to have your shots be consistant. If you're shots are not coming out of the barrel at realatively the same velocity then your shots are going to travel further or shorter from shot to shot making taking that one important shot impossible. Naturally, paintballs are not accurate and once they leave the barrel their path is changed considerably by forces that your marker cannot control and thus you will never have pinpoint accuracy from your marker.  What you are trying to achieve is to get the marker as accurate as possible.

Next will be paint selection.  Depending on what barrel you end up with you need to match it up with the right paint.  Unless you are using a flatline, what you are looking for is a paint that is consistantly round and consistantly about the same size.  It should be just large enough to pass the "blow test".  Any larger or smaller and the marker will be less efficiant because either you'll have air escaping around the outside of the ball (thus requiring more air to get it up to 280 fps but, surprisingly, this will give you the  MOST consistant velocity) or the added friction will also require that you need more air to overcome it to get it to 280 fps (if too large).

Outside of kick and the ability to accelerate the ball up to the same speed every time there isn't much a marker can do to improve your accuracy...and with "sniping" accuracy is the most important thing to consider.

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
KaptainKickAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKickAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 12:31pm

flatline, good paint, stock, bi-pod, r/t, and a red-dot

and can we say hi-jacked thread!

Edited by KaptainKickAce

A-5p8ntballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5p8ntballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 4:41pm

*SNIPERS DO NOT EXIST IN PAINTBALL*

sneaking around and hiding doesn't make you a sniper. if you want good woodsball upgrades, get a flatline and a stock. the R/T is good, but you have to have an electric hopper for that.

thank u!!!

Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 5:21pm

Here's the upgrades you need to be a real sniper

get a real sniper gun and the baddest scope out there, one shot kill....im j/k by the way...no really i was...OMG I WAS KIDDING DON"T BAN ME NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......* awkward silence*

Derek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 7:13pm
To put an end to your petty bickering....

sniper/ a person, esp. a soldier, who snipes

Dammit ill try again

sniping/ 2. a shot from a hidden position, 3. to direct an attack in a sly or underhanded way

Websters 2nd College Edition

Cmon guys whether you like it or not there ARE snipers in Pball.
A sniper is not just somebody in the Military with a 50 cal. or a Rifle who knocks off somebodys head from half a mile away. Sniping has multiple definitions.
I however do not think sniping should exist in pball, it is a useless outdated tactic made for somebody who wants to be "cool" Sniping has no real tactical advantage because it can't be used effectively with the technology made available by tippmann. Or any other company out there.

Also For your gun. Flatlines have distance, thats for sure, but they don't have the accuracy you need in woodsball. If your opponent gets near you and you have a F-line, your screwed. (If he/she is a good player)
You will prolly need a 12 inch Lapco bigshot if you plan to "snipe". I would also put on a RT trigger and stock. (i like firepower) If you can conceal yourself until your opponent is in range good job, and open up with your gun like there is no tomorrow.
Trust me, if you fire just one shot people, your position is given away whether you like it or not.
Try some good balls if you want accuracy too. I suggest Marbs, or Evils. They are the best you can get for a 98.
Have fun sniping.
98C
8 inch Lapco Bigshot
GTA Expansion Chamber
RT Trigger
Collapsable Stock
Hose-Co2-Quad Harness
I shoot Marbs/JT elites
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 4:04pm

Hiding<Wearing bright shirt and running around like an idiot to try to atract attention

98c355355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c355355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 4:54pm
Im running on Co2
tippy 98c
14" dye excel barrel
adco imp sight
rocket cock 2
6-stage expansion chamber
32 degrees remote coil
Gta front grip
16oz,20oz,and12oz CO2
soon to get R/T and also a stock
woogie98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woogie98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 6:18pm

if you wand a stock like the ones on m-16s get a remote coil but it you dont wand a stock get a sturdy drop forward and upgrade to nirto cuz its more consistent and if you wan to be a sniper you need need that

you dont need a new scope rail cus you can just mount the scope directly to the gun

bomberpilot07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomberpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 2:33pm
i love woodsball and there  are snipers at my feild they move silently and have good skill. i know someone whos snipes with an angel speed he is a one shot one kill person. i like to snipe i have an r/t in case i get into trouble which almost always helps. depending on your meaning of sniper you can say whatever you want, but my meaning is sneaking behind enemy lines and taking out a few people at a time and hopefuly making it back to your base alive.
"OBSESSED IS A WORD THE LAZY USE TO DESCRIBE THE DEDICATED"
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 4:14pm
i mostly play speed, but heres a story of when i played woods this one time:

im running wit my spyder on this back trail, out of the corner of my eye i see this guy in partial camo, waiting for some one to walk buy, so i went right behinf him, about 2 ft away, taped him on the shoulder and unloaded half a hopper ( i had the gun on full auto, it scares people)

ahah it was great, he was coverd in paint, i tought him about sniping
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 5:13pm

omg u retards just answer the friggin question!

opsgear.com has a lot of good scopes and stocks. I would get a solid stock, one of those scopes, and a flatline. That would roughly land around $250 or something like that. you dont really need a R/T if ur gonna snipe, it will just give away ur position by firing about 4 or 5 extra unwanted shots.

A good paint job would also be helpful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic