Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-Core

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-Core
    Posted: 27 November 2004 at 3:47pm

I have a Palmer on my Automag because I know it will not allow any liquid CO2 in the valve. The Palmer calls that a liquid trap and the X-Core has something called a liquid trap as well. Will the X-Core allow any liquid to pass by?

As you can see in my sig, the drop comes very close to the Palmer. When I'm not using my Palmer, I have an ACI gas thru grip on there and it fits barely. If anyone has had experience with both the ACI gas thru and the X-Core, please tell how the X-Core's size compares to the ACI. Bigger, smaller, same?ACI Gas thru

If anyone has a picture of the X-Core on their A-5, I should be able to tell how big it is. Please put a pic of it in here if you have one handy. Thanks.

EDIT: Forget the picture, I tried searching and found a million.

Edited by Boydster
Raptor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 5:10pm
Not sure what you are asking here but you don't need a secondary reg on an automag.  If you are using CO2 then install an expansion chamber, if N2 then a gas through foregrip...nothing else. 
In the world of the blind, the one eyed rules...
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 5:33pm
The only reason the Palmer is on is to keep liquid CO2 out. The Palmer is set to 800psi so it's not changing anything. I read that the X-Core is very good with CO2 and it also welcomes nitrogen. I'm asking what the size difference is between the ACI gas thru and the X-core because my gas thru grip barely avoids the drop. But I'm doubting anyone will have both of these. It's worth a shot though.
Stormy Knight View Drop Down
Deactivated by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 5:58pm

I have one on my A-5.  It works great!  It is approximately 6" long.

screen.width-300)this.width = (screen.width-300)">

A-5
Armson DOT Sight
Armson Raised Sightrail
DOP Bullet Drop
DOP RVA
DOP X-Core
DOP Vertical Adapter
E-Grip(APE)
Flatline Barrel
HPA
JCS Duel Trigger
Lightening Bolt
QEPH
Vortex Mod
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 6:38pm
That looks pretty close. Too close to tell with out holding both kinds in your hands. Does anyone have the ACI gas thru and an X-Core?
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 6:03pm

Ok. I ordered one anyway.

What is the difference between the X-Core's liquid trap and the Palmer's liquid trap? Are they the same thing?

Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 9:55pm
Anyone know about that last question? Palmer will absolutely not let ANY liquid thru. Same with X-Core? What's the difference if they're different because they call them the same thing.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Boydster Boydster wrote:

That looks pretty close. Too close to tell with out holding both kinds in your hands. Does anyone have the ACI gas thru and an X-Core?

Dont think so.

Originally posted by Boydster Boydster wrote:

What is the difference between the X-Core's liquid trap and the Palmer's liquid trap? Are they the same thing?

I think its only the Quality like The diffrence between driving a 91' Toyota, and a 2005 Lexus   -(but I'm unsure)

Raptor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 4:28pm
Don't know about the fit, but the xcore is one of the better xchambers - but why not just use your nitrogen tank? 
In the world of the blind, the one eyed rules...
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 4:39pm

Meh, the HPA tank weighs a ton, I've already got 2 20 ounce CO2 tanks and plus there isn't a place in town that fills this tank. I would never have gotten an HPA tank if it didn't come with my A-5 in an eBay auction I won. I can't tell a difference at all anyway. Academy fills the CO2 tanks for 2 bucks a piece so those are my favorite. Though when I'm at the field, I use the nitrogen because they give free refills. But I don't go there too often. (Once every five weeks)

And that's why I like CO2. But only if I can control it and that's why I need the X-Core.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic