Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

beginner A-5?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
desertpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beginner A-5?!
    Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:25am
is the a5 a beginners gun? im thinkin of gettin an a5 wit a flatliner,,,but im open to comment
scott essery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott essery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:46am

being a beginner myself, im looking for a 98 custom or A5 as my first gun. in fact, after seeing so many other markers break yesterday i WONT consider anything othr than a tippman!

my mate has an A5 and its superb!  hes only ever played 6 games and bought it after the 3rd time out

hes also got a flatline but it seems to slow the balls down a lot over some games

scubaman2151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubaman2151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:47am
i dont believe it is, im a beginer and i got a 98c, i think thats the
best for a new player, get the power pack, and i think thats the
best
Fawd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:54am

I've been Playing paintball for about a year, lookin to buy my first gun, definately gettin the A-5. I am not fond of the flatline though (On my friends gun it butchers your acuracy from up close) but if is your job to sit in the back and provide cover,  the flatline is the way to go!

Fawd

P.S. I dont know about the gun or flatline in forest ball, never been, sorry!

kwkmrorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:36am

The a-5 is a very good beginer marker. It is very durable and simple to take apart and change parts incase something should go wrong. I suggest you keep it stock for a little while though and figure out what you want to change before you start buying new stuff for it. And figure out exactly how you like to play, do you like woodsball speedball? And then what position do you play? Are you the type of guy to run in to firefights or do you like to hang back and try to long ball people? Once you know this then you can upgrade your marker accordingly.

xXxdrumbyxXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXxdrumbyxXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:48am
The A-5 rocks, ive beens playing for  about 7 months i bought the gun when i 1st got into P/B. Noing nouthing about the gun or paintball, i got it. ITs ane AWESOME gun, i broke 2 paintballs in the stock barrel in about 2 months then i got a new barrel. When i went to 1st clean it i was afraid thered be tons of stuff like spring and stuff shooting out but there wasnt. Its really easy to take apart and clean!!! Its very reliable unlike a spyder (not saying ne thing bad against them) mines not broken once yet.
04 Ebladed Orracle Autococker
Pure Energy 68/4500
Egg with Zboard
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 10:57am
It was my first gun, so in my case it was a "beginner" gun for me. A-5 is a very fine marker for the laymen. Very easy to take apart and reliable.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 2:26pm
my first gun was my a-5 responce and i still have to today, i love it 100%!
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
desertpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 8:55am
thnx guys u help!!!!!... i guess ill take my time on the upgrade thing,,, btw co2 is wots used on the a-5 right (not compressed air?)
xXxdrumbyxXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXxdrumbyxXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 10:00am

yes u use co2 no comp air u can get get a comp air conversionkit but its a little pricey

04 Ebladed Orracle Autococker
Pure Energy 68/4500
Egg with Zboard
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 2:49pm
u dont need a conversion kit to use comprssed air, but i would recommend palmers stablizer
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Fawd Fawd wrote:

I am not fond of the flatline though (On my friends gun it butchers your acuracy from up close)

you do realize how that makes no sense....
 its accurate from far, but not from close? hmmm

guess i missed something

limster View Drop Down
Guested. Filter dodged F-bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 5:43pm
hahahah when i read that i was wondering how long it was going to take
for someone to point that out... anyways,,,

i need to know.. something,, what is the absolute best gun out there for
the a pro?

and why isnt an ebolt coupled with a cyclone infanitly fast?

ive read many a review about the flatline, people say that all the critisisms
are from people who havent set them up properly and that its easy to
take of the 98cc with a few extra screws and easy stock on the a5

am i right?
paintballer2584 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 6:17pm
the a-5 is a great gun for noops along with the 98c
scarsight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarsight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 6:35pm
id get the a-5
98 Custom
14-inch Teardrop Barrel
Double Trigger
Quantum Electric Hopper: lol

A-5
14 inch Werks barrel
Double Trigger
R-5 Hopper
Shocktech Drop Forward

limster View Drop Down
Guested. Filter dodged F-bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 6:39pm
if ur begining,, go out and get a walmart gun,, so that u learn to be
tactical!!!!!
desertpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 7:53am
hmmm...ever wonder y field owners charge so much for playing when u can get paintballs of the net for about 37 bucks?
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 8:50am
^ Something called profit? Yeah they have to do that to make
money.

MackA5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MackA5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 9:16am
Did someone mention that the flatline barrel slows down after continuous use?  How is that corrected?  Cleaning the barrell?
Johndcjr1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johndcjr1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

The a-5 is a very good beginer marker. It is very durable and simple to take apart and change parts incase something should go wrong. I suggest you keep it stock for a little while though and figure out what you want to change before you start buying new stuff for it. And figure out exactly how you like to play, do you like woodsball speedball? And then what position do you play? Are you the type of guy to run in to firefights or do you like to hang back and try to long ball people? Once you know this then you can upgrade your marker accordingly.

so very well put he took it right out of my mouth.

Edited by Johndcjr1989
Rockin' the Ironman Intimidator.

The Original Redneck Gangsta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic